Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

SWU Festival, Sao Paulo, Brazil on 10/10/2010

quote:
Originally posted by ain't no cover:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she comes to Argentina but if she doesn't I'm so going to see her in Sao Pablo.

I hope she goes to Argentina, but if she doesn't and if you really come to Brazil, please let me know! I would love to people from here!

Wow, this festival is too expensive! I will go either way, but... WOW!

Compare the prices:

Pitchfork Festival (EUA): US$ 40/day

Wireless (UK) US$ 71/day

Rock in Seine (France) US$ 57/day

SWU (Brasil): US$ 135/day

Other festivals are so less expensive... being Brazilian sucks sometimes!

But I will pay US$135 to see regina from afar and with a smaller setlist, because what choice do I have really? Who knows when/if she will be back?

Maybe I should wait to see if she'll play in Argentina... if she does play there (if its on a weekend and if it's just her and her band), I would rather go to Argentina, even if I'll spend more.

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia:

quote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she comes to Argentina but if she doesn't I'm so going to see her in Sao Pablo.

I hope she goes to Argentina, but if she doesn't and if you really come to Brazil, please let me know! I would love to people from here!

That would be great! I'm not sure who I am going with because the date is very close to mid-terms so it would be great to meet with Regina fans!

Do you think there's a chance that she'll play another show on a smaller venue? Many musicians do that when they come to festivals here

quote:

quote:

quote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be great! I'm not sure who I am going with because the date is very close to mid-terms so it would be great to meet with Regina fans!

Do you think there's a chance that she'll play another show on a smaller venue? Many musicians do that when they come to festivals here

Honestly, I think it's very unlikely. But, I'll try and talk to the fans I know and see if we can do something... I don't know, maybe talk to a producer who would be willing to do that.

Dave Matthews Band will play the Festival and then head to Rio for a solo concert. If she did the same, I would rather go to Rio... but I really don't see that happening.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

Everytime I hear about artists entertaining at S. America venues, they are always huge. Like 100,000 or way more. Is that true with Brazil and the place Regina will be?

It actually depends on the artist. Like, Beyonce, Madonna, U2, Bon Jovi, Oasis, etc when they come to Brazil they usually play in football stadiums, it's usually something between 30,000 and 50,000 people. Actually, the biggest audience Beyonce's ever had was here... over 60,000 people.

But there are smaller concerts too. Like, almost 2 months ago I saw Camera Obscura live, in a really small venue, no more than 500 people. It was hell to buy tickets!

Anyway, Regina will play a festival that is expecting to get around 70,000 people/day. But I have my doubts that it's going to happen, because the tickets are really expensive. All my friends who are also HUGE Regina fans are all giving up on going and a lot of people who thought this Festival would be amazing are now hating on it online, because of the prices.

It's Brazil, we are poor! People forgete that sometimes! Frowner

There's no way back now, I just bought my ticket today! Let's just hope this doesn't get cancelled cuz I don't like any of the bands that will be playing on the 10th.

quote:

There's no way back now, I just bought my ticket today! Let's just hope this doesn't get cancelled cuz I don't like any of the bands that will be playing on the 10th.

Same here! Linkin Park?

I'm relieved she's coming to Argentina and is performing n a theatre because the setlist will be longer.

Let me know if you are coming! I can get an extra ticket when they go on sale next Monday Smiler

quote:

quote:

Same here! Linkin Park?

I'm relieved she's coming to Argentina and is performing n a theatre because the setlist will be longer.

Let me know if you are coming! I can get an extra ticket when they go on sale next Monday Smiler

I'm thinking of going, I just need to know the price of the ticket!

Actually, Linkin Park will play on the 11th, so the ticket I bought won't cover that. But on the same day as Regina some really shitty Brazilian bands will play... there will also bi Dave Matthews Band and Kings of Leon...

My regina marathong ends today with this show! I'm so excited! I can't believe I'll be seeing her 3 times in 5 days! Smiler

I swear, I'm not a freak, it's just that she'll certainly take a looooong time to get back to South America, so I'm seeing as many shows as I can.

When it's all over, I'll let you know how it ended!