Sign in to follow this  
makingstuffup

RIP Dan Cho

quote:
So it's clear that English is not this person's first language and they may not totally understand the meaning of every individual word and how they can play into a sentence.

True, very true......I withdraw my objection.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

The People of the Mountain, The People of the Sea

Long time ago...

we went down to Mexico

and so we stayed

and so we prayed

Under the sun

we were bound to have some fun

but then it rained

Oh it rained

All I'd wanted was some time alone

With my arm around you my dear

But it was only a state of mind, you see

And the people

in the mountain

singing...

When we were sad...

we walked down the only path

‘til our feet were in the sand

Through ocean breeze

The sun was only there to tease

‘cause then it rained

Oh it rained

All I'd wanted, was some time alone

With my heart here for you and for me

And the people

of the ocean

singing...

This is so beautiful... so as K's voice and perfomance...

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

^beautiful and eerie. me too raph. ); I haven't stopped for practically a week now. I almost don't believe myself, how heartbroken I am over this.

quote:
Originally posted by SmallTownMoon:

that second video was terrible to watch....but whoever posted it as "Regina Spektor breaks down on stage" was being disrespectful in my opinion.

Maybe take it a little easy on them. I'm sure they meant no disprespekt. There is no easy way to describe the contents of that video. Additionally, I don't think english is their first language.

Indeed, English isn't first language in Belgium. For people who have interest in our little country: Belgium has 3 official languages (in order of native speaker population): Dutch ('Flemish': in Flanders - Bruges and Cactusfestival are in this part), French (in Wallonia) and a small part speaks German. For most people in Belgium, English is their third language. Wink

quote:

hopefully

was before the "cactus festival" audience knew because the atmosphere feels really disrespectful, so much talking. and a warning...
will really break your heart.

Indeed, if I remember well, 'Better' was the 1st song of the set, so 99% of the people could not see something was wrong...

As val said: the audience was certainly very respectful (except for two people in fifth row or so, who shouted "we want more" when she stopped the concert and left stage while crying - my blood went boiling! Mad ) and encouraged Regina after each song.

So don't think to bad about us! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by BabyJesus:

^beautiful and eerie. me too raph. ); I haven't stopped for practically a week now. I almost don't believe myself, how heartbroken I am over this.

Originally posted by BabyJesus:

As val said: the audience was certainly very respectful (except for two people in fifth row or so, who shouted "we want more" when she stopped the concert and left stage while crying - my blood went boiling! Mad ) and encouraged Regina after each song.

Hey, from where are you in Belgium?

I'm from Brussels !

Mhh, I can understand the ones who were there at the show and discovered Regina for the first time. Personnally, I know her a bit, or well, at least I know how she usually behaves on stage. She gives a lot.

But there, under those exceptional circumstances, she could not possibly give a lot.

So, the show was certainly wasted, or at least that's how I feel. Some will probably say that she had to control her emotions if she wanted to perform.

The friend who accompanied me said that she would perhaps not want to see Regina again. Well, I understand and respect her feelings, but I love Regina's music and presence so much that I will be there next time she shows up!

I initially came in order to post about the youtube videos of Regina's show in Finland, on the 11th.

She seems a little bit better there, and that reassures me deeply. Smiler

quote:

Just in case anyone didn't see the other thread, we Brumstix are planning to send some flowers in Dan's honor & memory.

Please help us decide or share your thoughts in THIS thread.

You guys are too awesome for words! Such a sad and unfortunate loss. Frowner On a separate note did you guys notice that he favorited the entire McCarren Park concert on his YouTube account? That made it really hit home for me. :'(

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:

Very powerful.

God, that made me cry.

Oh, yes. How fitting.

I know the song. Thanks to Regina, I saw Jupiter One at Radio City last fall and bought both of their albums and the song is called People In The Mountain, People Of The Ocean

quote:
Long time ago...

We went down to Mexico

And so we stayed

And so we prayed

Under the sun

We were bound to have some fun

But then it rained

Oh it rained

All I'd wanted was some time alone

With my arm around you my dear

And the people

In the mountain

Singing...

When we were sad...

We walked down the only path

'Til our feet were in the sand

Through ocean breeze

The sun was only there to tease

'Cause then it rained

Oh it rained

All I'd wanted, was some time alone

With my heart here for you and for me

And the people

Of the ocean

Singing...

Regina surrounds herself with truly amazing people, as well as wonderful, important musicians.

No surprise there.

I've not really been able to find public words to write here before, that's why i'm only posting now.

I've read the sad news on FB only a few minutes after Regina's posted it last week.

It's been all the more shocking that i was tchatting with a friend, and speaking about Regina when i noticed she had just posted.

I'm sad and hurt.

Because of Dan's passing away itself. But also hurt, as this passing away seems sincerely hurt people, wether they were really close to him or not.

My condolences, thoughts and deepest sympathy go out to all of them.