Sign in to follow this  
eshbach

Urgent: Flower Arrangement for Dan

I love everyone on here, I feel like this is one big family and we've all come together in a very hard time. I want to thank everyone for everything they've done to make me feel right at home and now in this rough time I want to thank you for being there. It may not mean much... but this is my official thank you to all you stixers Smiler.

This community never ceases to amaze me.

I'm so proud of regina and the crew for coping with this terrible tragedy. I always had such a liking for Dan..it is obvious that his joy and light were contagious.

The flower arrangement is gorgeous and I'm sure he's smiling right now (=

thank you Aaron, Jamie, and others if ever there are others involved in this.

I had thought while reading Aaron's messages on the other thread last week that we would have been able to give, even if symbolical, a help to this. But nothing has appeared, or i've not seen it.

Anyway, both of these arrangements are beautiful. The one you've chosen will echo the lyrics of this song Dan seemed to love so much.

I have an update for everyone direct from Regina herself.

I was at the Sidewalk Cafe last night to see Jack's set during the Antifolk fetstival, and Regina came in just before Jack started playing. I had been sitting right next to Jack in the back of the room, but Regina took a seat right up front Smiler

Anyway, after Jack's set I said hello to Regina and she introduced me to her cousin and then I went back to sit Kate and Rawin who were also there. A few minutes later, Regina came back to us and said "Jack tells me you arranged for some flowers to be sent to Dan's funeral?"

"Yes," I said, "actually we had Brumstix vote on the arrangement."

"That's really nice," she replied, "tell everyone we really appreciate everything."

So, Brumstix, Regina would like to express her appreciation for your care and concern in the wake of this tragedy. It has not gone unnoticed.

eshbach,

i'm speechless. for one I could never imagine myself covorting around New york and certainly not haphazardly running into regina and other stixters who just happen to be at these little rad functions.

Who the fuck are you people and how the hell do you just happen to find yourselves in Reg's presence? and my next question is can you teach me to be this cool?