Sign in to follow this  
Appt

Soviet Kitsch (Alternative) + bonus vids

After the Far (Alternative) I've been asked to compile this, so here you go.

Most of the songs were surprisingly easy to choose - my absolute favourite version of Ode to divorce, Somedays and Chemo limo. With Ghost of Corporate Future and Sailor song there was an obvious favorite after just one listen of the lot.

The only two choices which I'm not 100% happy with are The Flowers & Us. Listening to every version of these songs over and over again I kept eliminating candidates to the point that nothing was left. I have a distinct vision of the perfect performance in my head but there's always something off in those live performances I listened to, oh well. Hope no one will mind that I chose the version of The Flowers that was given to pre-orders of Far via iTunes. In "Us" the audience sings along and there are few screams of "I love you, Regina" along the way but if you are able to get over that then it's the most beautiful performance.

*** was substituted by Bear Spektor which, I think, is quite appropriate.

The bonus part comprises of Us, The Flowers and Somedays as performed on Tv (the vids are shared as well, see below). Scarecrow & Fungus, December and Uh-merica - B-sides of Us and Carbon Monoxide singles. I also chose to include December beacuse I have it associated with Scarecrow & Fungus.

My thanks go to original tapers, those generous souls who help out those without access to itunes and to whoever made the picture used for the cover art.

Comments & suggestions are welcome.

01 - Ode To Divorce (XFM 2003)

02 - Poor Little Rich Boy (2006-10-03 9.30 Club)

03 - Carbon Monoxide (2005-02-05 Providence, RI Lupo's)

04 - The Flowers (Far Bonus Track)

05 - Us (2007-10-16 Hammerstein Ballroom)

06 - Sailor Song (2008-02-27 Nashville)

07 - Bear Spektor (2002-04-17 Living Room)

08 - Your Honor (2003-02-15 C-Note)

09 - Ghost of Corporate Future (2006-10-03 9.30 Club)

10 - Chemo Limo (2002-11-30 Sidewalk Cafe)

11 - Somedays (2005-04-01 Boston)

BONUS

12 - Us (Conan 2005-03-10)

13 - Scarecrow & Fungus

14 - The Flowers (Last Call)

15 - December

16 - Uh-Merica

17 - Somedays (2005-04-20 Leno)

Everything RARed

After the Far (Alternative) I've been asked to compile this, so here you go.

Most of the songs were surprisingly easy to choose - my absolute favourite version of Ode to divorce, Somedays and Chemo limo. With Ghost of Corporate Future and Sailor song there was an obvious favorite after just one listen of the lot.

The only two choices which I'm not 100% happy with are The Flowers & Us. Listening to every version of these songs over and over again I kept eliminating candidates to the point that nothing was left. I have a distinct vision of the perfect performance in my head but there's always something off in those live performances I listened to, oh well. Hope no one will mind that I chose the version of The Flowers that was given to pre-orders of Far via iTunes. In "Us" the audience sings along and there are few screams of "I love you, Regina" along the way but if you are able to get over that then it's the most beautiful performance.

*** was substituted by Bear Spektor which, I think, is quite appropriate.

The bonus part comprises of Us, The Flowers and Somedays as performed on Tv (the vids are shared as well, see below). Scarecrow & Fungus, December and Uh-merica - B-sides of Us and Carbon Monoxide singles. I also chose to include December beacuse I have it associated with Scarecrow & Fungus.

My thanks go to original tapers, those generous souls who help out those without access to itunes and to whoever made the picture used for the cover art.

Comments & suggestions are welcome.

01 - Ode To Divorce (XFM 2003)

02 - Poor Little Rich Boy (2006-10-03 9.30 Club)

03 - Carbon Monoxide (2005-02-05 Providence, RI Lupo's)

04 - The Flowers (Far Bonus Track)

05 - Us (2007-10-16 Hammerstein Ballroom)

06 - Sailor Song (2008-02-27 Nashville)

07 - Bear Spektor (2002-04-17 Living Room)

08 - Your Honor (2003-02-15 C-Note)

09 - Ghost of Corporate Future (2006-10-03 9.30 Club)

10 - Chemo Limo (2002-11-30 Sidewalk Cafe)

11 - Somedays (2005-04-01 Boston)

BONUS

12 - Us (Conan 2005-03-10)

13 - Scarecrow & Fungus

14 - The Flowers (Last Call)

15 - December

16 - Uh-Merica

17 - Somedays (2005-04-20 Leno)

Everything RARed

The second part of the Bonus is three videos promoting the Sire release of Soviet Kitsch. The Flowers on Last Call, Somedays on Leno (2005-04-20) and Us on Conan (2005-03-10). The Flowers & Somedays are available on youtube, these are the source files. Us was deleted from youtube (copyright issues), it is available on Dailymotion but the file I offer is of slightly better quality both audio & video-wise.

US

ReginaSpektor-UsConan2005-03-10m2v_tn.jpg

Download

Somedays

ReginaSpektor-Somedays2005-04-20NBCStudio3avi_tn.jpg

Download

The Flowers

ReginaSpektor-TheFlowersLastCallmpg_tn.jpg

Download

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

I have every one of her TV performances saved on my computer, so if any of you want me to put one on megaupload, just let me know Smiler

I have Been trying to look for some videos of her if it wouldn't be too much could you put some on megaupload. I would really appreciate it.

quote:
Originally posted by ohmarcello:

help. i don't understand what to do with an RAR file .. ConfusedConfused

if you're on Windows download & instal this free program or you can just simply download the files individually, there isn't anything extra in the RAR archive just all the other files compiled.

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

I have every one of her TV performances saved on my computer, so if any of you want me to put one on megaupload, just let me know Smiler

That's a very kind offer! I would love to see a list or something, I probably have all vids shared post-2006 but I'd love to complete my collection of those older ones.