RJLupin2

Regina's Updates

"So sad to have art/photos/videos/music keep leaking online unfinished and at the wrong time... The strange thing is that if it's getting stolen and put out by someone who likes me and my music- why would they want to put me through this? and if it's someone who doesn't like me- why would they waste all that precious time on me... why wouldn't they just do something they like. it's confusing/feels shitty/takes much of the fun out (there's too much fun to take all of it out, though) Feels strange just waiting for things i'm working on to get stolen one by one...

pretty bummed out,

reg"

Sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that a fan would do this. It feels like the work of someone on the inside who is purposely trying to sabotage her career. First the beauty demos and now this? Come on!

I don't think it's sabotage. I think for the most part her fans were happy to see the leaks. They got a lot of attention here and on tumblr and there was a lot of excitement.

If they had known Regina would have reacted like this then perhaps they wouldn't have posted it but I don't think anyone was intentionally trying to hurt Regina and her career.

It's all very confusing, but I agree with you. It's been awhile since we had any new material, so of course we all got very excited about the leaks. It's something that every artist has to endure, though. Regina has to learn to be stronger somehow. The fans will support and buy her music in spite of the leaks. Everyone's excited for the proper, finished versions.

Makes me sad that she was bummed enough to post that. It must be a real breach. How, though, in the crap can it be a fan doing it? How would they? How could they? It has to be someone with some kind of access to her new stuff. And if that's true, no wonder she's upset. I'd be livid. That is pretty low and scummy.

And as someone already said, I feel the same about us and how we respond to leaks. We aren't after something free. We just love her so much and get so antsy about new stuff, that we pounce on any little morsel we can find. But not at this expense. I'd rather not see or hear a thing then hear her be upset.

Just puttin' this out there, and it seems like it would take a lot of self control, but unless it's official, maybe wouldn't shouldn't post things on here that seem like copy write leaks. Even if it's not our fault it's out there.

(and that it no way counts sneaky camera videos in a concert. That's already public) Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

Just puttin' this out there, and it seems like it would take a lot of self control, but unless it's official, maybe wouldn't shouldn't post things on here that seem like copy write leaks. Even if it's not our fault it's out there.

I completely agree... I feel like from now on we should really refrain from posting anything leaked here, or anywhere, to be honest.

I really hope the person who's doing this is just not very bright, didn't realize the effect it'd have, and stops after that status... but that seems naive. I can't stand to think that someone's doing it maliciously. Frowner

Leaks often provide a unique look at regina's work. Why they're there isn't my concern, and no one accidentally comes across them, so the only people experiencing a "spoiler" effect are those who are asking for it. I'll stop peeking when people stop leaking Razzer

Sorry if i offend anyone. frankly, i just don't see the harm in my looking if the damage is already done. Confused

i don't mean to come off as though i don't care that regina is upset by this, because it's a jerky move to leak. my only worry is that the leaks will ruin her work for other people, because i know that even a complete lemon of a song wouldn't deter my support for Reg's work as a whole. there's a rock-solid respect and love that i have for her work that spoilers cannot change. Only bad final products could ruin it for me, which aren't affected by leaks.

I hope the leaks don't reach people who aren't prepared to handle them, but as long as they're there, i do enjoy them, and i especially enjoy that my listening/watching has absolutely zero repercussions for anyone who doesn't listen.

please feel free to challenge me, this is just how i'm feeling about it at the moment and i don't mean to come off as headstrong, because i really, genuinely mean regina and the 'Stix no harm! They're two of my very favorite things in the world. I just can't give up the leaked material if i don't understand why i should.

To me, it's more about sharing it elsewhere. If something leaks, I might listen to it, I might not. After that status, I dunno, I probably won't anymore. But that's my decision, and your decision.

I don't think we should spread the leaks anymore, though. That's really all I was saying. If one of us has a leak in their hands, I feel like from now on we should sit on it, maybe even report it to someone, or the website where the leak is, but above all else, not share it.

What do you fellow Stixers think?