RJLupin2

Regina's Updates

She said in the Rolling Stones interview that she had a bunch of left overs from writing songs for the musical that would probably be on her record. Shes kinda been giving the impression that shes not only writing songs, but singing for the musical too I believe...but Im not sure how that would work.

quote:
Originally posted by I Am A Mermaid:

She said in the Rolling Stones interview that she had a bunch of left overs from writing songs for the musical that would probably be on her record. Shes kinda been giving the impression that shes not only writing songs, but singing for the musical too I believe...but Im not sure how that would work.

Actually, she's writing the music for the musical. Michael Korie is writing the songs/lyrics. Maybe she was referring to leftover music and melodies from the musical.

Based on her Facebook post a few days ago regarding the taping of old shows, is it safe to assume that some unreleased stuff will be officially recorded and put on the next album?! Why else would she be digging in the archives? Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by I Am A Mermaid:

I remember her saying that as well, but I don't quite remember where... something along the lines of her deciding if she wanted to sing the songs that she wrote for the musical, or have someone else sing them?

quote:
Originally posted by ohmarcello:

quote:
Originally posted by BabyImBadNews:

BTW, just a small fact...on that show Regina played with one extra violinist and one extra cellist. And they did a small rendition of November Rain before playing "On The Radio" Smiler

You can watch it here.

that's really cool !

HEY EVERYONE - did anyone upload mp3's of regina spektor's live in london? i would LOVE to have the mp3 of the november rain tribute + on the radio from live in london!! ahhhhhhh

it's so amazing. i can't find it anywhere. does it exist?

6/7 "Last year, july 6th, my beautiful and talented friend and cellist Daniel Cho drowned in lake geneva... thoughts of it all year- and today-a year later, are just as surreal and

nightmarish as before. He was so young and kind an bright and had a life as a father and a musician ahead of him. We love you Dan. And we miss you so much. we will always....."

6/7 "What's on your mind?"

8/7 "Thank you so much to everyone for the warm thoughts...While using friends phone to write my post about Dan yesterday, i also posted a question by accident. i really do appreciate all the replies but i only meant to write about Dan... he is who i am thinking of- and Julia his wife and Audrey his daughter and his family and friends... just wanted to say that... thank you all for remembering him with me...."

Lucky lucky her that she didn't accidentally post something else! I actually thought about it being strange that she was posting from a phone.

Remembering Dan also. Can't believe it's been a year.

^ I know.....I can't believe it's already been a year either. I am still thinking about his family and friends.

I just realized reg posted this "http://boingboing.net/2011/08/​02/missouri-state-business-sch​ool-professor-leads-successful​-campaign-to-ban-slaughterhous​e-five-from-local-schools.html

i can't believe this isn't a joke,or a fake headline in the Onion...it's something you'd see on an episode of Family Guy... reading Vonnegut only puts you in danger of becoming a better person-a dangerous thing in a business school, i guess..."

Republic Mo is like an hour away. It seems bizarre to see her post something that is close by.