Sign in to follow this  
marjerina

PROP 8 OVERRULED!

I'm SO HAPPY AND EXCITED RIGHT NOW, I thought this deserved its own post for some celebration Big Grin

PROPOSITION 8 was deemed unconstitutional in California by Judge Walker today, deeming gay marriage legal! Of course, it's not technically legal yet... there's still some ways to go Frowner But this is definitely a step in the right direction! I started crying when I heard - I'm so hopeful for the future right now Big Grin

6 states down, 44 to go...

I'm SO HAPPY AND EXCITED RIGHT NOW, I thought this deserved its own post for some celebration Big Grin

PROPOSITION 8 was deemed unconstitutional in California by Judge Walker today, deeming gay marriage legal! Of course, it's not technically legal yet... there's still some ways to go Frowner But this is definitely a step in the right direction! I started crying when I heard - I'm so hopeful for the future right now Big Grin

6 states down, 44 to go...

Successsss... You're right marjerina, this is a MASSIVE step in the right direction. I'm glad we're seeing people finally realize that homophobia simply does not make sense. There's absolutely no basis for the notion that two people of the same gender shouldn't marry, IMO.

^^ And that's from the mouth of a lifelong practicing Catholic.