Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Regina Spektor - Producer

Holy cow is that funny! It's always so fun to alert everybody when you hear something new for the first time. I came so close to posting this same thing last night. I read the same article, and it just worded things wrong. I looked up the artists web page first to make sure. Sure enough, it was just the connection with David Kahne. It did interest me in the guy though, so I looked him up. He's pretty good. Mostly country-ish, but not completely. I didn't listen to everything, but so far I liked the songs 'Slippery Slope' and 'Turning The Gun On Myself'

Whenever David produces anything these days he is identified as the producer of Regina and The Strokes (and not Paul McCartney?) and someone just left off his name and went straight to Reg.

But...David is, as well know, a great producer. He has just made a great record for Renee Fleming, allowing her to switch from opera to "regular music" and given his track record, I would expect this to be well worth hearing.

Ok, poor writing/research is officially not amusing online "newspaper" people. I was surprised; but hey, regina is basically an extremely modest superwoman who's probably curing cancer and building an empire in her apartment, so producing a record for an NYC based artist, in her spare time, is not THAT unreasonable.

Teddy did get a few listens out of it though. Wink