Sign in to follow this  
Rosa!

College Essay Help

I probably shouldn't start a whole topic about this, but I'm worried that if I just posted in another thread, it would be overlooked. This is important.

I was hoping someone who's had experience writing good college essays would like to read one of mine. I'm worried that I'm not selling myself right in this essay...I feel like I'm saying too many negative things about myself, and I need help. I don't want to ask my friends or my teachers or my older sister for help on this particular essay because it is so personal to me. I don't mind someone who hasn't met me reading it. Smiler If anyone is interested, please tell me...if not, I don't blame you.

I probably shouldn't start a whole topic about this, but I'm worried that if I just posted in another thread, it would be overlooked. This is important.

I was hoping someone who's had experience writing good college essays would like to read one of mine. I'm worried that I'm not selling myself right in this essay...I feel like I'm saying too many negative things about myself, and I need help. I don't want to ask my friends or my teachers or my older sister for help on this particular essay because it is so personal to me. I don't mind someone who hasn't met me reading it. Smiler If anyone is interested, please tell me...if not, I don't blame you.

I don't exactly have experience writing college essays, but I'm in the same position as you and I'm a great proofreader :P I'm about 2 paragraphs into my own essay - if you'd like, we can swap essays and read each other's? (Though if you'd rather not, I'd still be okay with reading just yours!)

quote:
Originally posted by marjerina:

I don't exactly have experience writing college essays, but I'm in the same position as you and I'm a great proofreader :P I'm about 2 paragraphs into my own essay - if you'd like, we can swap essays and read each other's? (Though if you'd rather not, I'd still be okay with reading just yours!)

Thanks. Smiler I'm not really looking for proofreading, I just wanted someone to look over the content as a whole. Could you give me your email address?

If anyone else wants to see my essay, I'm all for it. I'd like as many opinions as possible. Smiler

Yeah, I totally wouldn't let me family read mine either. haha

I would be happy to give it a look. Can't say that I'm an expert, but I've written more college essays and personal statements than I care to remember. Evidentially, I've been mostly successful though. I was also a paid writing lab assistant in undergrad.

email me if you want