Sign in to follow this  
eshbach

2010.09.27 - The Music Hall of Williamsburg - A benefit for the Cho family

I want to go so bad, but I cannot get away with skipping class again. And marjerina, I've spent a lot of time at the Music Hall of Williamsburg and I've actually gotten carded every time I've been there, so I'm not sure if they'd let you in or not. Maybe call the venue?

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra Pound:

I want to go so bad, but I cannot get away with skipping class again.

^aw, what? Just say you have to go to a memorial service. Which is essentially true. That's what I did. No questions asked, and they even let me take a midterm early.

^It's the same Russian professor whose class I end up skipping for a lot of things. I don't think she's believing my excuses as easily as she was last semester.

Edit: I have no will power, so when I checked and there were still tickets, I got them. I'm going to be terribly and violently ill that day I guess. I will see you guys there. I probably will leave here at roughly 3:00, since then I'll at least only miss one class.

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra Pound:

I want to go so bad, but I cannot get away with skipping class again. And marjerina, I've spent a lot of time at the Music Hall of Williamsburg and I've actually gotten carded every time I've been there, so I'm not sure if they'd let you in or not. Maybe call the venue?

Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably end up not going, just because I'd get there relatively late and might have to leave early as it is :/ It wouldn't be worth it if I ended up not being let in on top of it... I hope you guys have fun though and take lots of pictures Big Grin

Well, I've made my train reservations, and allowing for subway travel and hotel check-in, I anticipate getting to the venue around 2:00 PM. If anyone gets there earlier, please let me cut Smiler

I have to be honest--I was thinking last night, and wanted and decided to go, and got as far as arranging the flight and other things but stopped short of buying the tickets.

I've never seen a Regina show and so, this may seem silly...but I would have felt bad. I had never been to New York, either. I just would have somehow felt guilty/badly that I would have made the expenses to see a show that was ultimately a tribute, when I know I was going to be as anxious and excited as I could possibly be. While I was very adamant on seeing her before the year was up I...enh. Conflicted feelings, as I am sure one would guess.

quote:
Originally posted by NOJ ROBAT:

I have to be honest--I was thinking last night, and wanted and decided to go, and got as far as arranging the flight and other things but stopped short of buying the tickets.

I've never seen a Regina show and so, this may seem silly...but I would have felt bad. I had never been to New York, either. I just would have somehow felt guilty/badly that I would have made the expenses to see a show that was ultimately a tribute, when I know I was going to be as anxious and excited as I could possibly be. While I was very adamant on seeing her before the year was up I...enh. Conflicted feelings, as I am sure one would guess.

Hey you could always just take a little international trip to see her this year. That would be excitment worthy. =)

But on a more serious note, I do understand your conflicted feelings. I'm flying in just for the show and had to make a lot of arrangements to work this trip in to my life. And while I feel that it's impossible not to be excited, because there are several really great musicians including regina playing, it's also really heavy. The atmosphere is pretty much just a big question mark at this point. Granted, I've seen regina before, and feel like attending this is something important I need to do.

Anyway, you are right. This isn't going to be a "normal" regina show. We don't even know how much or little she'll be playing. At the same time, it's a really good cause. So if you are dying for a taste come on up; we certainly wouldn't hold your enthusiam against you.

An international trip WOULD be excitement worthy!

Though...I don't know where else she would be. If any of you have seen Regina, and I know you have, what is her pattern usually like? Is she more likely to take a break after her other dates or would she come back to New York?

I know it's a good cause, and if I could give a donation or contribute something in some way I most certainly would. I just feel...an obligation, morally, to not in a sense...burden her with an over-eager fan adamant on meeting her. I would love to be a part of it, but I don't feel it would be appropriate--YEAH, appropriate! That's the word I've been looking for!

=]

I do hope it goes well, though. As much as I hate asking this question, is anyone going to be filming it?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!

I just found out there is another show in New York in October. Well, i was TOLD this, but I cannot confirm it. Anyone wanna tell me about this, particularly about ticket purchase?

It is direly important.

o_O

I need to know; do you guys think I should try and make it--or not?

Does anyone know about the show at the New Yorker festival on October 2nd!?

It says it exists when I google, but it doesn't show on her myspace, facebook, or official site. Nor can I find an official means of purchasing tickets--I imagine they would be sold out, but I still can't seem to find...anything. Other than third party re-sell sights.

PLEASE help! I imagine I should get this going post-haste, and I am becoming quite...frantic.