Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Only Son (New Album Info)

I just saw this blog post on Jack's myspace the other day..

quote:
And even more lastly, Only Son's new album is finished!!! It's called "Searchlight" and it's the best thing I've ever done, for sheez. Looks like it'll be out digitally in January with singles or something coming out before then. I know it's a long wait but doing things without a label can take some time.... BUT! We already have 4 really cool videos shot and are going to make even more. I'm super excited about these. They're all different and exxonellent in their own ways....

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index...163295#ixzz0zywp2uUu

I just saw this blog post on Jack's myspace the other day..

quote:
And even more lastly, Only Son's new album is finished!!! It's called "Searchlight" and it's the best thing I've ever done, for sheez. Looks like it'll be out digitally in January with singles or something coming out before then. I know it's a long wait but doing things without a label can take some time.... BUT! We already have 4 really cool videos shot and are going to make even more. I'm super excited about these. They're all different and exxonellent in their own ways....

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index...163295#ixzz0zywp2uUu

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

The

was uploaded to Youtube today. Smiler

I don't know if this was already available, but whether or not it was, it's great! Big Grin

Nope, 12/9 was the release date, here is the e-mail announcement from Jack:

quote:

Hi everyone,

We're all very excited to present the brand new video for "It's A Boy"!! Today is its big world premiere courtesy of the good people at Huffington Post. Check it out here!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...clusiv_b_794214.html

It was directed by the unbelievably talented Peter Sand and stars our good friends Aleksa Palladino (of Boardwalk Empire) and her EXITMUSIC bandmate Devon Church (not to mention yours truly, over here...) If you like it, post it to your profiles and send it around!!!

This is the second video from Only Son's new album, "Searchlight", which comes out on January 18, 2011 all over the interwebs and indie record stores in the US.

If you're in the NYC area next week, you can come watch us play songs from the new record at Union Pool in Brooklyn on Wed, Dec 15th with our friends Common Prayer and The Silent League. We go on at 11pm.

Thanks for listening and keep yer earballs and eyeholes peeled for tons of cool new stuff in the new year!! So psyched!!

Jack

Only Son Searchlight Album Release Show/Party on Jan 20 @ The Studio at Webster Hall. Playing the album in ENTIRETY. (which i can only assume to mean +regina for one song)

A Thursday Jack, seriously?!?!?! AHHHH