Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Only Son (New Album Info)

quote:
Originally posted by Ксения:

This album just blows my mind away. Seriously. I can't stop listening to it.

While we're waiting on some the potential audio and video for the record release, would you (or anyone else) be interested in audio for some of his shows leading up to the record? I have his acoustic set at Sidewalk from the 2010 Summer Antifolk Festival which features about half of the songs on the album, and his full-band set from The Rock Shop in the fall which has about 2/3 of the album, including most of the songs not done at Sidewalk...

I haven't processed these yet, and I'm going to Katy Gunn's record release this weekend, but I can probably get to them next week if there's interest.

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

While we're waiting on some the potential audio and video for the record release, would you (or anyone else) be interested in audio for some of his shows leading up to the record? I have his acoustic set at Sidewalk from the 2010 Summer Antifolk Festival which features about half of the songs on the album, and his full-band set from The Rock Shop in the fall which has about 2/3 of the album, including most of the songs not done at Sidewalk...

I haven't processed these yet, and I'm going to Katy Gunn's record release this weekend, but I can probably get to them next week if there's interest.

Yes, please!! I'm wondering why I haven't asked you about this before.

Have fun at Katy's show!

I couldn't find a thread specifically for Jack, but this is related to his album, so I suppose it fits.

From Facebook:

quote:
Dearest friends!

Many of you have seen Only Son's new video for "Stamp Your Name On It". It was directed by James Holland and features appearances by Macaulay Culkin, Regina Spektor, Reggie Watts, Adam Green and many more talented, funny humans.

It's with great happiness and amazement that I bring you this news:

It's been added to MTVu's "Freshman 5" show!!

This MTV channel goes out to hundreds of universities across America - their viewership is over 5 million people!

There will be voting all this week for the best video of the five. If we win, OUR VIDEO WILL BE ADDED TO REGULAR ROTATION!!!!

Voting on their website takes place here:

http://www.mtvu.com/music/freshmen/

It begins Mon, May 16th at 11am & ends Fri, May 20th at 2pm.

You can vote as many times as you want - so please, friends - vote as much as you're able to and help get the word out however you can. You can post the link to your profiles, retweet us at @OnlySonMusic or pass this along to your homies.

This matters a lot to us and can make a huge difference in our lives as musicians. Thanks so much and wish us luck...

I hope we win!!!!

Thanks a lot,

Jack & James & everyone else who helped make the video

Let's help him out, Brümstix! Big Grin

Anyone who is in the city should come hear Jack today at 4 @ Brooklyn Powerhouse Arena. It's free, and I will be there (i know a huge perk).

Also, you should come see Katy Gunn with us tonight at 10 @ The Living Room. =) So excited about this day!

If I could only blink myself from AZ to NY, I'd be there to support the man. I'll have to say though, meeting Dentistgirl would be the highlight. She's always said good things and supports this sight like a mother! Smiler Just kidn' 'like a dentistgirl'. She's also always been nice to my comments. I also have a few teeth issues she could take a look at. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by I Am A Mermaid:

Okay, Jamie, I saw your post on facebook. Ridiculousness and a video?

haha oh my. It was truly shocking. The "venue" didn't have any of the gear set up, so Jack had to do it. The whole place was a mad house of kids and parents and strollers and nobody seemed to care that there was a live musician attempting to play. They just walked within inches of him: in front, behind, beside. Ping pong balls and beach balls were flying towards him and into the "audience" every 5 seconds. Plus few people even bothered to clap at appropriate times. Seriously...

So he cut it off after 5 songs and ran for the hills. We were disappointed (and amused) about the circumstances, but he was glad to see our faces.