Sign in to follow this  
NOJ ROBAT

Meeting Regina!

I realize that this may have already been discussed to some length. However, I am a new user and even though I did an extensive amount of reading, I didn't find the subject nor do I think I could with how much I HAVE read it and didn't. That said, I apologize for repeating any questions that may have already been echoed however many times.

So, there is a show going on in my state--I THINK--and I was curious as to how so many of you have gotten so lucky as to meet and chat with her before/after shows. I understand that it isn't an unheard of thing to happen, and that she is usually humble in that regard. That said: how do I do it? Also, concerning gifts, what would be permissible to attempt and give her during this time? I have been working on an elaborate R-shaped card I had wanted to give her if this opportunity arises.

Oh, and greetings to all my new Brumstix peoples.

=]

I realize that this may have already been discussed to some length. However, I am a new user and even though I did an extensive amount of reading, I didn't find the subject nor do I think I could with how much I HAVE read it and didn't. That said, I apologize for repeating any questions that may have already been echoed however many times.

So, there is a show going on in my state--I THINK--and I was curious as to how so many of you have gotten so lucky as to meet and chat with her before/after shows. I understand that it isn't an unheard of thing to happen, and that she is usually humble in that regard. That said: how do I do it? Also, concerning gifts, what would be permissible to attempt and give her during this time? I have been working on an elaborate R-shaped card I had wanted to give her if this opportunity arises.

Oh, and greetings to all my new Brumstix peoples.

=]

Welcome along Noj!

I met Regina, along with around 20 other fans after the Melbourne show earlier this year. We all waited in line at the side of the venue for quite a while - around two hours - before she and the band came out. The band went to their van, but Regina hung out with the fans, signing autographs, taking pics etc.

I was thrilled that she spent as much time as was necessary to make sure everyone there had a chance to properly meet her. I've met a heck of a lot of musicians, and she was probably the one who seemed most genuinely happy to meet her fans out of all of them. I've heard from other fans that she usually tries to meet anyone waiting for her, unless she is either unwell, or if there is some reason this can't happen at the venue (eg nowhere safe to have people waiting).

As for gifts, you have to remember she's coming straight from a show probably into a van, so although I'm sure she'll be happy to receive it (there's a video of her being given a 'book' that came from the members of this forum which shows this), you might want to consider how easy it will be to carry, or put aside in the van, etc.

Other than that, say hi for me Smiler

Find helpful (and always lovely) stixers. They're everywhere, and they know what to do. They'll point you in the right direction.

However if the situation arises that you are unable to find any stixers, usually finding some kind of stage door/side exit will suffice. You may end up waiting for a few hours, so get ready to camp out. But of course, it's worth it. The first time I met Regina I was with a big group of stixers, and I could barely speak to Regina because I was so excited/happy/scared/amazed so it was very nice that they were there. :P

Also, in the US she tours with a bus, so you shouldn't have to worry about the van issue.

Hmm. Let me try this:is anyone going to the Ashville show in NC? Razzer

I don't even know the date--just that pre-sale tickets go on sale Oct. 7th. Which compels me to ask if I am even informed correctly, or am somehow looking at a non-updated part of the site or something. That would be very tragic.

quote:
Originally posted by NOJ ROBAT:

Hmm. Let me try this:is anyone going to the Ashville show in NC? Razzer

I don't even know the date--just that pre-sale tickets go on sale Oct. 7th. Which compels me to ask if I am even informed correctly, or am somehow looking at a non-updated part of the site or something. That would be very tragic.

I think you may be mistaken. She had a show in Asheville, NC last year on November 17, which would put the presale for that show around October 7. Her website is really not a reliable place to find show information, since it is very rarely updated. Her myspace, facebook, as well as this thread (although at the moment it hasn't been updated in a little while) are considerably more dependable resources.

For future reference Alicia (reginaoverdose) is around NC. Smiler In fact, I believe she attended the Asheville show in question last year.

quote:
Originally posted by NOJ ROBAT:

This is most tragic. I was so very much looking forward to that show...the one that was last year.

=[

The link is here, though I see now why it wouldn't be applicable:

https://tix.concertmaps.com/reginaspektor/

That is...wow. Sad.

Hmm, yeah, that's an old link. I'm sorry, hopefully she'll come back soon!