Sign in to follow this  
davidh

Announcement about DVD :)

quote:
I don't know... something about the editing of these videos and some effects that were used really bother me

as captivating and beautiful as Reg is on screen, I predict I'll listen to the CD nonstop and watch the DVD once, maybe twice if i get bored on a rainy day

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia:

I don't know... something about the editing of these videos and some effects that were used really bother me Frowner

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks so. The Folding Chair clip is okay, but the Dance Anthem clip is just weird. I like the city scenes in the background, but the fish-eye effect and the lights are meh. She sounds great, though.

well, I guess here we go again. Nothing different allowed?

I love both videos and the trailer. Adria Petty knows what she is doing and apparently has done it very well based on what we have seen so far, in my opinion.

If you would rather watch the straight, unadorned videos at Bonnaroo or the like, that's great; I love them, too. But this looks special.

Um, there's nothing wrong with trying something different. However, it's also perfectly acceptable to express an opinion on something. There's no doubt in my mind that Adria is excellent at what she does, but in my opinion, the editing of the Dance Anthem clip is a bit much.

Different is fine but to be quite honest Adria haven't persuaded me of her qualities yet. I love the Us video but the photos and videos around Far that Adria made are a bit too amateurish for my taste; and the same goes for the two vids from the DVD. The detailed shots are distorted, I have no doubt that it's done on purpose, but meh. It's not horrible per say but I think Reg's first DVD deserves better.

Anyway, I'll buy it, I'll love it - it's Regina, I have no choice, rational objections yield in the sight of her Wink

I'd have to agree with you, Appt. The Dance Anthem clip is just wierd, and I"m not sure I like it. And it surprises me because I really like Adria's work, like the Us video and Ingrid Michaelson's new video. Then again, I really don't care for the video for Ode to Divorce, which seems similar to the Dance Anthem clip.

I'm with makingstuffup and Appt.

Trying different things is great, but if all the songs on this DVD are editted like Filding Chair and DAOT80s, it'll be really difficult to watch the whole DVD at once. It's gets annoying after some time.

I totally agree that Regina deserved better for her first DVD.