Sign in to follow this  
davidh

Announcement about DVD :)

quote:
Some fan recordings of this sound much better..

I am not sure this recording is from Live at London itself, but just references a song that is on it.

Still, I don't see the problem with this recording which is, to my ears, pretty good.

Robust debate on the quality of the DVD is fine, but I suspect Reg wanted something other than a televised version of her concert: you already have that from Bonnaroo and other places.

My only frustration is that it seems similar to the view that Far was not up to snuff because a) it was not just Reg and piano, B) it was somehow different from BTH or Kitsch or the earlier stuff, c) its "theme" was somehow wrong (though she has disclaimed any such thing, pointing out that the whole album was made up largely of songs she has sung for years, but had not yet recorded or d) whatever other objection lodged that had to do with what she did before.

And, no, you are not required to agree with everything she says, does, wants, imagines or envisions. But it is her creation, her artistry, her music that is being presented and she should be permitted the right to grow and project what she wants to do.

On Joni Mitchell's live album Miles of Aisles, there is a portion where people are yelling to her the names of songs they want her to play when finally someone yells out "play what you want" and Joni says in a voice of gratitude, "all right!" And then there is the 1973 John Mayalllive record where he is asked to play "Room to Move" from the 1969 record "Turning Point" and Mayall says, "that's way in the past."

You've got records to remind you of what she already did. Now is time for something else.

I cannot wait for November 22.

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

quote:

I am not sure this recording is from Live at London itself, but just references a song that is on it.

Still, I don't see the problem with this recording which is, to my ears, pretty good.

It's from 2007.

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

quote:

It's from 2007.

Oh! I thought it was from the London DVD! Sorry ;p