Sign in to follow this  
davidh

Announcement about DVD :)

quote:
Originally posted by 'shboom:

It's available for pre-order on amazon.com and amazon.ca but I also wonder why it's not on her website. Confused

I am quite happy to buy it from Amazon, since I know that I will have it on 11/22. My question is whether the two disks they are talking about is the audio on one and the DVD on another since

it says "format: CD."

So, I'm confused as well. I went to see about the pre-order on amazon. The only things listed are a Blue Ray ($17.49), which has no picure, and a CD for ($21.98). Why on earth a CD, that states "format audio cd" and number of discs "1," would be more expensive than a Blue Ray disc I have no idea. I would like to assume it will be a CD/DVD combo pack, but since there's no mention of a DVD anywhere, I'm not about preorder it. Confused Given Sire's track record of horrible disorganization in releasing things, I'm pretty sure I should just wait for "Regina Spektor: Live in London version 17.5 super ultra fan edition" to be listed before I even bother ordering it.

What do you guys think about this option at Barnes and Noble?

http://music.barnesandnoble.co...&USRI=regina+spektor

It's a CD and a DVD with the same tracks, so you buy the same songs twice in different formats. I don't really want a CD format, because I have these songs on her other CDs, except "Bobbing for Apples," "Silly Eyes Colour Generalizations," and "Love you are a Whore." I am not sure it is worth it... I wish they had just the DVD of the concert. Seems like the studio is milking it... I doubt there would be a super fan edition, though.

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

quote:

It's available for pre-order on amazon.com and amazon.ca but I also wonder why it's not on her website. Confused

I am quite happy to buy it from Amazon, since I know that I will have it on 11/22. My question is whether the two disks they are talking about is the audio on one and the DVD on another since

Very confusing... It is categorized as a blue-ray CD...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.co...inaspektor_live.html

quote:
Originally posted by Marry Ann:

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

quote:

Very confusing... It is categorized as a blue-ray CD...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.co...inaspektor_live.html

Marry Ann, the Bluray/CD means you get both the blu-ray disc as well as a CD. If you don't have a blu-ray compatible player, you should not buy this.

On Amazon they're selling the Audio CD as well as the blu-ray separately.

On the warner bros website, they're selling the CD+DVD combo. This is probably the best and most affordable option.

And yeah, I think it's ridiculous that the CD would be priced higher than the blu-ray.