Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Obama's assassination list

quote:
Hey, even regina knows it. "People are just people, they shouldn't make you nervous... people are just people like you."

Did she really mean that when she snarks about Fox News in live performances of "Ghost of Corporate Future"? She could have easily left that out. After all MSNBC is far more toxic to the daily discussion then Fox News, but she didn't see fit to mention that.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Hey, even regina knows it. "People are just people, they shouldn't make you nervous... people are just people like you."

Did she really mean that when she snarks about Fox News in live performances of "Ghost of Corporate Future"? She could have easily left that out. After all MSNBC is far more toxic to the daily discussion then Fox News, but she didn't see fit to mention that.

Good point. People are just people, but surely no person is perfect. It really is all too easy to get caught up in political bias and forget how subjective your perspective really is. I should think you of all people should have quite the accumulation of personal experience in this area, musiclover. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin:

quote:

quote:

Good point. People are just people, but surely no person is perfect. It really is all too easy to get caught up in political bias and forget how subjective your perspective really is. I should think you of all people should have quite the accumulation of personal experience in this area, musiclover. Wink

I don't pretend to be unbiased or a big-time musical artist where I have 1000s hanging on my every word. Regina as a popular figure should choose her words more carefully, no?

No one is unbiased and no one is pretending to be unbiased. Regina isn't a news anchor or a journalist. She is just another person trying to figure stuff out. I mean, the line in the song is "and never watch the 10 o'clock news ESPECIALLY Fox". I don't think Regina watches any of the 24 hour networks regularly as she doesn't own a TV. I honestly believe that Fox is the worst offender. With MSNBC in close second. I already disliked Fox News and assumed Regina felt the same way before she added that swipe at them, and it wasn't like she said "All Conservatives are stupid".

When it comes down to economic system beliefs, I don't know if there is really one right or wrong side of the fence. I hear a lot of conservatives talking and sometimes they do have valid points and I can see where they're coming from, but then, a lot of times, they spew some really hateful racist and homophobic comments or completely false information and I just can't take them seriously. It's not everybody of course, but this is my perception of Conservatives where I live..

ah.. why do I always get sucked into these posts?

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

No one is unbiased and no one is pretending to be unbiased. Regina isn't a news anchor or a journalist. She is just another person trying to figure stuff out. I mean, the line in the song is "and never watch the 10 o'clock news ESPECIALLY Fox". I don't think Regina watches any of the 24 hour networks regularly as she doesn't own a TV. I honestly believe that Fox is the worst offender. With MSNBC in close second. I already disliked Fox News and assumed Regina felt the same way before she added that swipe at them, and it wasn't like she said "All Conservatives are stupid".

When it comes down to economic system beliefs, I don't know if there is really one right or wrong side of the fence. I hear a lot of conservatives talking and sometimes they do have valid points and I can see where they're coming from, but then, a lot of times, they spew some really hateful racist and homophobic comments or completely false information and I just can't take them seriously. It's not everybody of course, but this is my perception of Conservatives where I live..

ah.. why do I always get sucked into these posts?

Has Regina ever said a thing against the left-wing media? I can only interpret "especially Fox News" as a swipe solely against right-wingers. Look, I know that she grew up in the left-wing bubble of Greenwich Village & SUNY Purchase. But I'd have hoped for more open-mindedness. the only glimmer was that email she sent supporting Israel when they were being showered with rockets back in late 2008 to early 2009.

Does she have any reason to take a swipe at left wing media more than right wing? In her eyes, I guess not. Does she have any obligation to be fair and swipe at the other if she swipes at one? Absolutely not. As bum bum bum said, she's just a person trying to figure things out; she's not a journalist, she doesn't have to be (or pretend to be) unbiased, especially as someone who expresses themselves for a living.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Does she have any reason to take a swipe at left wing media more than right wing? In her eyes, I guess not. Does she have any obligation to be fair and swipe at the other if she swipes at one? Absolutely not. As bum bum bum said, she's just a person trying to figure things out; she's not a journalist, she doesn't have to be (or pretend to be) unbiased, especially as someone who expresses themselves for a living.

I'm sure you don't think the same applies to Toby Keith. He's a right-wing troglodyte after all.

I don't listen to Toby Keith, nor do I care what his political views are. In fact, I don't even know what of his views you're talking about as I don't pay attention to any of that kind of news. Also, even though I said "swipe" in my response, I would hardly call Regina's added lyric a swipe at the right wing.

quote:

I don't pretend to be unbiased or a big-time musical artist where I have 1000s hanging on my every word. Regina as a popular figure should choose her words more carefully, no?

That's true, having lots of influence does grant more responsibility. But part of that responsibility should also be truth to self. It's not as if regina hates conservatives. I would deduct that she see's fox news as something that is damaging to the country, and feels strongly that she should stand up for her beliefs. I really don't think she did it just to get an applause. Yes, it is a bit divisive, but surely it comes out of no hate for any individual or group of people. The world is always going to be biased. And music, like in your 'Bohemian-Mystique' post, is supposed to speak to the inner passions and suppressed feelings. The left feels just as oppressed as you dude.

I think Toby Keith is great. Smiler