Followers 0
MusicLover_2007

Obama's assassination list

53 posts in this topic

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

I don't pretend to be unbiased or a big-time musical artist where I have 1000s hanging on my every word. Regina as a popular figure should choose her words more carefully, no?

That's true, having lots of influence does grant more responsibility. But part of that responsibility should also be truth to self. It's not as if regina hates conservatives. I would deduct that she see's fox news as something that is damaging to the country, and feels strongly that she should stand up for her beliefs. I really don't think she did it just to get an applause. Yes, it is a bit divisive, but surely it comes out of no hate for any individual or group of people. The world is always going to be biased. And music, like in your 'Bohemian-Mystique' post, is supposed to speak to the inner passions and suppressed feelings. The left feels just as oppressed as you dude.

I think Toby Keith is great. Smiler

What the left feel oppressed about? If you are a left-wing artist you can attend SUNY Purchase and everyone will think like you do. Then you become a professional and everyone you meet in the industry is a left-winger. What oppression?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin:

quote:

I don't pretend to be unbiased or a big-time musical artist where I have 1000s hanging on my every word. Regina as a popular figure should choose her words more carefully, no?

That's true, having lots of influence does grant more responsibility. But part of that responsibility should also be truth to self. It's not as if regina hates conservatives. I would deduct that she see's fox news as something that is damaging to the country, and feels strongly that she should stand up for her beliefs. I really don't think she did it just to get an applause. Yes, it is a bit divisive, but surely it comes out of no hate for any individual or group of people. The world is always going to be biased. And music, like in your 'Bohemian-Mystique' post, is supposed to speak to the inner passions and suppressed feelings. The left feels just as oppressed as you dude.

I think Toby Keith is great. Smiler

What the left feel oppressed about? If you are a left-wing artist you can attend SUNY Purchase and everyone will think like you do. Then you become a professional and everyone you meet in the industry is a left-winger. What oppression?

Thought you might completely miss the point. Everyone feels the weight of oppression in one way or another, it's an inescapable facet of the human condition. If they didn't, the whole world would just get along. Surely also the people on the left with causes as impassioned as yours feel the same, no?

quote:

Has Regina ever said a thing against the left-wing media? I can only interpret "especially Fox News" as a swipe solely against right-wingers.

quote:
I choose the media that seems to reflect more of who i am. And I tend to choose the more liberal news. I am a Liberal in almost every sense of the word. I believe in protecting Civil Liberties as carefully as we protect the dearest things to us, but not with guns. I think guns are the cause of countless preventable tragedies in the households of Americans. I believe in Equality. In ending all Racism, Homophobia, and Sexism. I believe that government has a duty to help its citizens grow through education, help the elderly, have health care, and that it's not "each for himself". But I don't believe they have a right to spy on me. I believe in the freedom of Choice. I support a woman's right to have an abortion if she feels it necessary in her life. I believe in Barack Obama. I supported him with all my heart. I have never felt as strongly about a politician in my life. And in a few days he will be our president. This is a short list of my left, my Liberal, my closest media self.

I do not agree with the Liberal Media when it comes to Israel. I have never seen such one sided reporting in my life. And I've seen some amazing propaganda growing up in the Soviet Union. I have never seen a group of people so determined to portray Israeli people, Israeli soldiers, as blood thirsty, inhumane monsters. I am not a politician. I am sure there's a great political reason for this kind of reporting. For this kind of misrepresentation. I am sure there's a great reason for my hearing on a UK television set, while getting ready to play one of the festivals a couple of years back, a reporter saying, in a tragic voice with a tragic face "At this moment Hezbollah is fighting for its very existence." As if Hezbollah was a kitten that fell down a well, and not a terrorizing organization, and that Israel was the one who threw it down there. I'm sure there's a reason. And i think the reason is fear. And i think the reason is the same reason i was deciding and undeciding and deciding and undeciding whether to write this.

Here's the http://blogs.myspace.com/index...484&blogID=464335867 whole thing. She, just as you, is entitled to her opinions. I share them and you do not. Doesn't make you right, or me right or either of us a bad person.

But I cannot imagine having a deeper feeling for someone with whom I have spoken once, for about a minute and a half, than how I feel about the person who wrote those words, among the many which have moved me so much.

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

quote:

Has Regina ever said a thing against the left-wing media? I can only interpret "especially Fox News" as a swipe solely against right-wingers.

quote:
I choose the media that seems to reflect more of who i am. And I tend to choose the more liberal news. I am a Liberal in almost every sense of the word. I believe in protecting Civil Liberties as carefully as we protect the dearest things to us, but not with guns. I think guns are the cause of countless preventable tragedies in the households of Americans. I believe in Equality. In ending all Racism, Homophobia, and Sexism. I believe that government has a duty to help its citizens grow through education, help the elderly, have health care, and that it's not "each for himself". But I don't believe they have a right to spy on me. I believe in the freedom of Choice. I support a woman's right to have an abortion if she feels it necessary in her life. I believe in Barack Obama. I supported him with all my heart. I have never felt as strongly about a politician in my life. And in a few days he will be our president. This is a short list of my left, my Liberal, my closest media self.

I do not agree with the Liberal Media when it comes to Israel. I have never seen such one sided reporting in my life. And I've seen some amazing propaganda growing up in the Soviet Union. I have never seen a group of people so determined to portray Israeli people, Israeli soldiers, as blood thirsty, inhumane monsters. I am not a politician. I am sure there's a great political reason for this kind of reporting. For this kind of misrepresentation. I am sure there's a great reason for my hearing on a UK television set, while getting ready to play one of the festivals a couple of years back, a reporter saying, in a tragic voice with a tragic face "At this moment Hezbollah is fighting for its very existence." As if Hezbollah was a kitten that fell down a well, and not a terrorizing organization, and that Israel was the one who threw it down there. I'm sure there's a reason. And i think the reason is fear. And i think the reason is the same reason i was deciding and undeciding and deciding and undeciding whether to write this.

Here's the http://blogs.myspace.com/index...484&blogID=464335867 whole thing. She, just as you, is entitled to her opinions. I share them and you do not. Doesn't make you right, or me right or either of us a bad person.

But I cannot imagine having a deeper feeling for someone with whom I have spoken once, for about a minute and a half, than how I feel about the person who wrote those words, among the many which have moved me so much.

That essay she wrote about Israel is the only thing I ever agreed with her on. Other then that she is totally wrong on global warming, Al Gore, Obama and Fox News. In fact Fox News is the most fair & balanced.

Ok, hi everyone in the debate about...this whole thing. Can I just be a complete Swede and ask what this is about? News channels being corrupted in the US? Is that right, and really happening?

The "debate" is the expression of some right wing person devoted to his television channel of nightly right wing diatribes whose political beliefs differ from Regina's (and, incidentally, my own.)

The Ghost of Corporate Future has some advice for him about watching the "ten o'clock news"

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

The "debate" is the expression of some right wing person devoted to his television channel of nightly right wing diatribes whose political beliefs differ from Regina's (and, incidentally, my own.)

The Ghost of Corporate Future has some advice for him about watching the "ten o'clock news"

That's such an outdated concept with internet news. You can consume news 24/7 from a 100 different sources. The idea that right-wingers ONLY watch Fox News is left-wing reality distortion field in full effect.

quote:
Originally posted by Jasimo:

quote:

http://townhall.com/columnists...s_assassination_list

I thought "Hope and Change" was supposed to end such EVIL Bushitler policies? right hipsters?

Might I suggest that we just ignore MusicLover_2007 in the future? He's an obvious troll who just wants to get a rise out of people. Let's not feed the troll.

You're so tolerant of opposing viewpoints.