MusicLover_2007

MusicLover's Politics Thread

I went to an all-male Jesuit Roman Catholic high school of about 1,200 boys. There was one openly gay student (who was voted Most Likely to Be on Oprah), at least two that were in the closet, and a few bisexual students.

Edit: actually, make that three openly gay students. I just remembered a wild scandal about something happening in the basement bathroom (which is like the most trafficked one) during my senior year that almost resulted in the said students getting kicked out, but a theology teacher came to their defense. There were other rumors about other kids being gay too. Oddly enough, there were sexually suggestive scenes in the school plays/dramas, the most memorable example being the play based on the Odyssey in the scene when Odysseus (who was played by a black student in my hs) pushes Calypso back on a table and lies on top of her and the lights are dimmed.

The smartest kid in the school was bisexual and an atheist (seriously, he was one of like 32 students in our class in the nation that got a perfect 36 on the ACT, and he was voted Most Likely to Invent a Time Machine). He did an AskMeAnything on reddit here. And oh my was he steamy. He has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, slightly British teeth, well-built body, and a penchant to wear tight-fitting clothes and keffiyeh scarves and furry hats with feathers. He would come to exams drunk or high and still pass. In physics class, where he sat next to me, he NEVER took notes, opened his book or anything, but he'd participate and correct the teacher, so the teachers never gave him shit for not taking notes. One time, his nose started bleeding in the middle of class, and there weren't any tissue boxes in the classroom, so he took out his notebook and noisily ripped out a piece of paper and crumpled it against his nose. He got up and told the teacher "I'm going to the bathroom" as he walked out the door and the teacher gave the standard "Don't have too much fun" response.

This is inspiring:

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family

[3m01s]

(from Reddit - 19 year old kid speaks out against Prop 6 in Iowa, which discriminates against same-sex marriage. This guy needs to run for office...)

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

I went to an all-male Jesuit Roman Catholic high school of about 1,200 boys. There was one openly gay student (who was voted Most Likely to Be on Oprah), at least two that were in the closet, and a few bisexual students. The smartest kid in the school was bisexual and an atheist (seriously, he was one of like 32 students in our class in the nation that got a perfect 36 on the ACT, and he was voted Most Likely to Invent a Time Machine). He did an AskMeAnything on reddit here.

This is inspiring:

[3m01s]

(from Reddit - 19 year old kid speaks out against Prop 6 in Iowa, which discriminates against same-sex marriage. This guy needs to run for office...)

Nice anecdote, but means nothing. All i keep hearing is GAY GAY GAY GAY until I will pop a blood vessel in my brain, suffer and ischemic stroke. Is that what liberals want????

ahh, you quoted me before my edits. Go back and read it in full:

quote:

I went to an all-male Jesuit Roman Catholic high school of about 1,200 boys. There was one openly gay student (who was voted Most Likely to Be on Oprah), at least two that were in the closet, and a few bisexual students. also, at one assembly one year we had some Irish dancers that were nice, followed by preteen Irish dancers, which was kinda creepy.

Edit: actually, make that three openly gay students. I just remembered a wild scandal about something happening in the basement bathroom (which is like the most trafficked one) during my senior year that almost resulted in the said students getting kicked out, but a theology teacher came to their defense. There were other rumors about other kids being gay too, especially the drama kids and those in the choir. Oddly enough, there were sexually suggestive scenes in the school plays/dramas, the most memorable example being the play based on the Odyssey in the scene when Odysseus (who was played by a black student in my hs) pushes the goddess Calypso (oh, there were female actors from my school's counterpart, an all-girl Catholic hs) back on a table and lies on top of her and the lights are dimmed.

The smartest kid in the school was bisexual and an atheist. Seriously, he was one of like 32 students in our class in the nation that got a perfect 36 on the ACT, and he was voted Most Likely to Invent a Time Machine. He did an AskMeAnything on reddit here. And oh my was he steamy. He has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, slightly British teeth, well-built body, and a penchant to wear tight-fitting clothes and keffiyeh scarves and furry hats with feathers. He would come to exams drunk or high and still pass. In physics class, where he sat next to me, he NEVER took notes, opened his book or anything, but he'd participate and correct the teacher, so the teachers never gave him shit for not taking notes. One time, his nose started bleeding in the middle of class, and there weren't any tissue boxes in the classroom, so he took out his notebook and noisily ripped out a piece of paper and crumpled it against his nose. He got up and told the teacher "I'm going to the bathroom" as he walked out the door and the teacher gave the standard "Don't have too much fun" response.

This is inspiring:

[3m01s]

while I'm running with this off-topic thread...

from another thread:

quote:

My hs has this tradition called the Senior Follies, where students dress up as teachers and mock their mannerisms and idiosyncrasies. It's an all-male Roman Catholic high school of about 1,200 boys, so they had to get creative in playing female roles. The seniors from my high school (the class before me) performed this at a play:

We'll Be Your Favorite Class so Clap Your Hands (Wavin' Flag)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDAWISVAUg

Marquette High Gentlemen (American Idiot Parody)

Another Chance (Parody of Bad Romance)

Build You Up (Parody of Build Me Up, Buttercup)

Dance/LARP Battle (Songs: Thriller, Beat It by Michael Jackson; Eye of the Tiger by Survivor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDf9xdktxLQ

Imagine (Parody of John Lennon)

Can You Imagine (Parody of September)

Ain't Gonna Hide Forever (Parody of Fame)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgqKjpYbjsE

Unforgettable Marquette High (Parody of California Gurls)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbpzZaCwSXg

This Time for Marquette High (Waka Waka)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOjHr9lfsUo

dammit, they're all good

yeah, my hs was pretty gay. Hugging was rampant.

on another note, man, I miss high school. where did my youth go. Frowner Youth is wasted on the young.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

All i keep hearing is GAY GAY GAY GAY until I will pop a blood vessel in my brain, suffer and ischemic stroke. Is that what liberals want????

If it means not having to listen to your complete nonsense? Yes. Yes that is what this particular liberal might want.

Ughhh... that's a lie. I could never wish a stroke upon someone.

But you know what? If you DO pop a blood vessel, I won't care. Because that's your own fault. The world is progressing, and there isn't a goddamn thing you can do about it. Everywhere you go, progress is being made. It's been happening since the dawn of time, and it will continue you to in the end.

I actually feel bad for you Musiclover... Recent science has shown that the reason why people are often so stubborn and obstinate against change isn't because they have actual evidence refuting said change (And do you? Or are you just going to ignore this question just like every single other one posed to you?), but because they are genetically predisposed to accept one set of beliefs as fact, and no matter how much phyiscal evidence is placed in front of them to the contrary, they refuse to accept it and continue making outlandish statements that amount to nothing more than inflamed rhetoric and lies.

It's like all those people who still want Obama's birth certificate. What they fail to acknowledge is that his birth records HAVE been released. They're actually quite easy to find. All one needs to do is google "Obama Birth Certificate," and all the evidence pops up. There are photos of the physical copy, and said physical copy has been released to the public a number of times. Yet despite actually having released the certificate... People still think he was born out of the country? Hmmmm... how interesting...

MusicLover, if I ever encounter you in real life, I swear I'm gonna put on a sparkly dress, high-heels, a feather boa, and I'mma shave my body clean. And then I'm gonna chase you down the street hitting on you alllllllll night long.

And the sad part is, you'll probably like it (once we get out of the public eye). It's those that scream the loudest against a group that are the furthest in it themselves in their private lives...

hey, no fair. Hit on me instead. I'm available. (I'm always available. Frowner) If I really want to insult someone, I'd say, "I'd fuck just about everyone but you." I don't care what you wear, but you'd have full permission to hit on me all night and day long in any manner you want (hopefully not the violent type) if you ever meet me.

another gay story in the news:

Sarah Lindstrom And Desiree Shelton, Lesbian Couple, Cheered By School After Winning Rights

http://www.queerty.com/desiree...nd-in-hand-20110201/

I found this article to be interesting:

Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives

http://www.psychologytoday.com...ligent-conservatives

Basically, the argument is that "the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others" makes liberals more evolved than conservatives because they go contrary to their selfish human nature by caring about "indefinite number of complete strangers whom they are not likely ever to meet or interact with".

quote:

hey, no fair. Hit on me instead. I'm available. (I'm always available. Frowner) ... I don't care what you wear, but you'd have full permission to hit on me all night and day long in any manner you want (hopefully not the violent type) if you ever meet me.

... Your post towards me pretty much sums up everything I could say back towards you... so yeah. Just gonna quote it. Smiler

I'm at a loss of how to respond. I don't really know anything about the art of seduction. Just to clarify, you are female right? I mean, I'll still hit on you regardless if you want me to, but just making sure...

sometimes I feel like this guy:

'SIGNS' - an awesome short film by Patrick Hughes

:'(

Damn my gender-ambiguous login-name and my gender-ambiguous methods of speech and writing...

I'm a guy. Razzer

Now do you understand better why I want to throw on all these fabulous articles of women's clothing to scare Musiclover? LOL

Can anyone explain me the youths' infatuation with Che Guevara?

- Beat , tortured and imprisoned over 900,000 Cubans .

- Executed thousands of campesinos who didn’t agree with his oppressive ideas.

- Destroyed dozens of farms and villages throughout Cuba .

- Trained the dictatorship of Fidel Castro in Cuba who killed 200,000 Cubans and tortured thousands more

- Helped sell Cuba to the former USSR and forced Cubans to leave the island for soviet military training .

- Stole land from peasants who worked their lands for generations .[ /QUOTE]

and many other crimes. I hear this excuse for the fad: The reason he is "popular" is not because of who he was, but because he is a symbol of rebellion and "taking back the country for the people.

But why Che and not some other icon? It's because he was anti-Western mass-murderer that appeals so much to young people. They hate America so much that they worship this thug.

Bits of history never told.

Submitted by Hausmaus on Sun, 08/14/2011 - 9:18pm.

In 1957 and 1958 the Sierra Maestra in Cuba was practically owned by Castro's barbudos. They had chosen these mountains primarily because of the natural shelter they offered, and impregnable passages. El Che Guevara, Castro's favorite barbudo had unorthodox methods to make his men admire him, and respect him. One day he ordered the kidnapping of a young fourteen years old son of a local town in the province of Oriente. The child was brought up the mountains to El Che's hide out. In front of a crowd of approximately one hundred and fifty barbudos, El Che brought the young lad to face his friends, and explained to them what he was about to do. The kid was blind folded all the time while in captivity, and had no idea that once in the hands of El Che his fate was already signed, sealed, and delivered. Guevara had his hand wrapped around the boy's neck to hard that the child folded down to his knees. You could see his veins about to pop from the pressure, he was turning green, and blue. El Che carried a 1911, 45Cal pistol at his waist, and brandishing this weapon in front of the stoned face crowd proceeded to ram the barrel into the child's mouth. He kept the barrel inside the child's mouth for about five minutes while he screamed a bunch of absurdities, and expletives to the men who were about to observe who the real Che Guevara really was. El Che took the blind fold off, and positioned the child so he could see eye to eye with him at the same time screamed at him to keep his eyes straight so he could see the simultanious rush of blood as he pumped three rounds into the childs mouth. If this wasn't enough, El Che cleaned his weapon with the kid's shirt, and then kicked the young lifeless body just for fun. He then ordered to have the body sent back to his parents. This story was told to me by a barbudo who followed El Che since Mexico, on the Gramma to Cuba. This man committed suicide by shooting himself in the mouth with a 45Cal pistol similar to the one El Che carried at all times. The experience of that day could not be erased, and was encouraged by El Che never to be brought up under penalty of getting shot, or beheaded. If you never heard this piece of history about El Che Guevara it really makes not one bit of difference today, time has gone by, and nobody gives a crap about what happened then, and I really doubt if anybody will give a crap about what will happen now.

Hausmaus

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/t...y-icon#ixzz1V3gugpdn