MusicLover_2007

MusicLover's Politics Thread

After reading this entire thread, it kind of makes me sad it exists on here. I thought the point of this forum was to enjoy Regina's life and music and happenings. It's all great you have your political opinions and everything, but is it really necessary to post here?

This thread is really, really old, but trust me, no one else wants it to be here. Musiclover is the local troll who likes to cause drama. There's no reasoning with him and he just comes here when he needs to get out his pent up aggression.

I recommend to anyone who reads this, just ignore this thread from here on out.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

This thread is really, really old, but trust me, no one else wants it to be here. Musiclover is the local troll who likes to cause drama. There's no reasoning with him and he just comes here when he needs to get out his pent up aggression.

I recommend to anyone who reads this, just ignore this thread from here on out.

I went 8 months between posts, and you call me a troll? You really know how to hold a grudge.

Anyways the reason I bring it up is because I didn't introduce politics, Regina did with her very vocal support for Obama.

^Old habits die hard, I guess. One of my first posts was in response to you, after all.

If you want me to let go of how you've acted on this board in the past, please start by not talking politics. Please. No one has ever wanted to associate this board with political debates/parties/affiliation despite how vocal Regina might be.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

^Old habits die hard, I guess. One of my first posts was in response to you, after all.

If you want me to let go of how you've acted on this board in the past, please start by not talking politics. Please. No one has ever wanted to associate this board with political debates/parties/affiliation despite how vocal Regina might be.

Well that's the problem isn't it - I never wanted to talk about any politics. I'm honestly shocked that Regina thinks that 100% of her fans are pro-Obama.

I don't know if responding makes things worse or better. I will try anyway.

I just wanted to say that I think it should be okay to discuss politics here. (I hope you don't take offense, Raph and Wishful Friend) Since regina cares about it and wants her fans and young people to care about it, to me it's not strange to discuss politics. It's just that your approach to it most of the time, MusicLover, comes off as hostile and you don't seem open to discuss or share. You just seem open to letting people know your opinions or making liberals look bad. I think that if the approach was different there shouldn't be a problem exchanging opinions, sharing information, accepting that people think differently and be interested in eachother's political views. Even here.

It's the difference between responding to "Oh here's an artist that I really like. I think her lyrics are excellent and her voice is angelic" with either

A: "Oh. You really like her that much? I think the lyrics in this song is...pretty bland actually, if you don't mind me saying so. Her voice is pretty good but here's another artist that I think sings better. Maybe you'll like her? I will look into your artist and tell you what I think after giving her a chance" or

B:"Man! She sucks! Did you see what she did here? It's just wrong! She's a horrible person and her music is absolute crap. And you know she even hits her dog when she thinks no one's around".

I'm not saying it's your intention to react as person B, but most of the time (to me, my opinion) you come off that way. Can you see it, MusicLover? Not just in politics. Even when we discuss reg's music you give responses that come off as rude when I'm sure that's not your intention.

If no one agrees with me that's fine, but I don't think it should be such a big problem. (easy for me to say, when I'm not that into discussing politics anyway) We discuss soup, mortality, personal life and many other things that are not realted to Regina. Why not politics? In a behaved manner.