MusicLover_2007

MusicLover's Politics Thread

So, by that logic, voting for Mitt Romney would be sending the message that hating gay people and denying them rights is ok..

Honestly, both of the major parties are actually very similar, and at this point I don't think either of them are the best choice. Although I don't know what other choice we really have.

She posted a little something on Twitter. She wished peace on both sides, but she has family in friends in Israel So, I'm sure she's worried about them..

The whole thing makes me sad though. Innocent people are dying on both sides.

So, now that George Zimmerman has been acquitted, is it time for riots? Time to burn down all the cities? People will certainly discredit themselves depending on where they come down on this. If Regina publicly comes out for the rioters, I will delete ever last album I own of hers and never listen to her songs again.

I cannot improve on what Regina herself has said on Facebook... you can do as you see fit:

"I keep forgetting what voicing my immediate reaction to the events of the world does. When I wrote I was happy that Obama got re-elected people literally told me to die. That is insanity, truly. I understand that the Trayvon Martin trial is a hot button issue but this is a Facebook page- it's for writing. If you think I should shut up and sing (by definition an impossible act:-) then perhaps you should just not upset yourself, spare your blood pressure, and unlike this page. Also feel free to only listen to music by people you agree with. It's all good! There's room enough for everyone in this world and moments like these are a great opportunity for people to find some new places to like or unlike.

I definitely am amazed

that some people who listen to my music are this aggressive and negative but it's good to remember that we can connect in one way but have completely different perspectives in another. I don't mind discourse that is intelligent (and I'm not claiming what I say is always intelligent, but I try... And I try not to be mean.) The thing I mind most is pure aggressive hate towards other people on this page- and towards me. It's so simple to just not be here that the bile filled ones can easily unlike my page without leaving a trail of disgusting words as they exit. I appreciate everyone who listens to my music but I will always voice my opinions in interviews, on my own Facebook, and other social media as long as I run it. It is not just here to sell you things and it is not run by companies. It's just here for me to connect to listeners in different ways. Sometimes it's art, sometimes it's opinions. Good luck to us all- and remember- just because I have an opinion you don't agree with, it doesn't mean that you can write hateful things to me or tell me to just sing. We are all in this together and hate is never the answer.

Take care and all the best,

Regina"

Wow, just wow. Just the typical leftist bubble reaction. Fry Zimmerman, fuck the facts of the case.

Or, you know, everyone has their own interpretations of the facts. It doesn't help that the media is hellbent on getting viewers no matter the cost, be it lying or exaggerating.