MusicLover_2007

MusicLover's Politics Thread

140 posts in this topic

As a concerned citizen of Colorado I would just like to say THANK GOD BENNET WON!!!! Suck my lady balls Ken Buck!! Not that you would, being all antifeminist and closeminded

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

It could also just be that the Presidential election gets more build up then these elections and are generally seen as less glorious and important.

Which shows the immaturity of the "youth vote". They don't seem to understand the layer cake that is government. Local/state/federal. Older voters do and in greater numbers.

Are we talk'in like a red velvet cake or like an apple crumb cake? Or possibly cupcakes are involved in some way? If you're going to use metaphors you should be more specific.

George Bush is currently promoting his memoir, 'Decision Points', which I guess is probably in stores now. In an interview with Oprah earlier this week, when asked about Pres. Obama's performance he said:

"I want to treat my successor the way I'd like to have been treated. I don't think it's good for a former president to be out there opining on every darned issue. He's got a plenty tough job. Trust me. And there's gonna be plenty of critics and he doesn't need me criticizing him."

I applaud him for his stance and I think it's good that he's finally owning up to and taking responsibility for a lot of the horrible mistakes that he made during his presidency.

While I don't agree with everything that Obama has done, I don't think he fully deserves the amount of criticism and hate that he receives from people like you, MusicLover. What I think he deserves is a FAIR CHANCE. A chance to deliver on the things he promised.

George Bush served two terms. 8 fricking years. Obama has only been in office for TWO years. Yet he is expected to be some sort of magician, and to fix all the problems that we have, in terms of the economy, and healthcare, and all the major issues, OVERNIGHT. It is unrealistic and it is unfair considering the shitstorm of massive problems he inherited.

Seriously, do the math here. America has only had two years under Obama. Sorry that he hasn't turned it into a magical, happy utopia in the TWO YEARS that he has been in power.

Narrow-minded bigots like you, who criticize Obama daily, who spew irrelevant and meaningless vitriol, seem to have conveniently forgotten all the damage caused by the former administration. You seem to have forgotten who and what is responsible for where we are today.

You troll the airwaves and troll the internet with your so-called "expert" opinions and your self-serving conclusions that are completely devoid of any facts. It is irresponsible and you should be ashamed.

To anyone who might be offended by this, please note that I do not align myself with any political party. This is not an attack on any one party. In fact, I really wish people would stop voting based on party lines, however this isn't likely to happen when there are so many people like MusicLover out there. The ones who shut their minds off to opposing views, and automatically align themselves with blatantly stupid candidates just because they have an R or a D before their names.

This is really foolish and misguided thinking at a time when it is more important than ever that we elect people who will actually make a difference, regardless of their party affiliation.

I am annoyed when the subject of political affiliation comes up in conversation, and people ask "What are you?", and expect me to state definitively that I am either a Democrat or a Republican, or perhaps somewhere in the middle. I am none of these things. I'm just a person who wants a better life, and will vote for the candidate, not the party, who I feel has my best interests at heart.

When I think about the issues we are facing each day, I am equally ashamed of both parties, and everyone in the middle as well. They are all responsible. The ones who supported bad policies and all the corruption, and the ones who stood by and allowed it to happen.

It's time you stop thinking that one party is better than the other, MusicLover. No one is better. They are both guilty of the same things.

It's possible that he's only interested in making it to the top of the NYT bestsellers list, but finally George Bush is taking some responsibility. Who's next?

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

It's time you stop thinking that one party is better than the other, MusicLover. No one is better. They are both guilty of the same things.

Oh that's real funny. Especially when singers who we all respect here are 100% Democrats.

makingstuffup - also you say that Obama hasn't been given a FAIR chance. He had 18 months of total Democratic RULE in D.C. and you say he wasn't give a fair chance? Oh because Rush Limbaugh is hurting his feelings?

Thanks for finally posting a political thread.....Dont want the forum all jammed up and what not.