MusicLover_2007

MusicLover's Politics Thread

140 posts in this topic

That depends on your definition of "freak", MusicLover.

People who support "freaks" are usually supporting the downtrodden, unpopular, kind, artistic people who don't follow the norm and as such get cast out by society for it. They support "freaks" because they're not the same as everyone else, nor are they trying to be everyone else; they are themselves.

Even Regina wasn't invulnerable to being labeled a "freak", and look at who she is!

The support ends when violence or obscenity ensues, however, depending on the views of the supporter. Of course, there are those who believe that there are no true laws or morals and that nothing is true and everything should be permitted.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

That depends on your definition of "freak", MusicLover.

People who support "freaks" are usually supporting the downtrodden, unpopular, kind, artistic people who don't follow the norm and as such get cast out by society for it. They support "freaks" because they're not the same as everyone else, nor are they trying to be everyone else; they are themselves.

Even Regina wasn't invulnerable to being labeled a "freak", and look at who she is!

The support ends when violence or obscenity ensues, however, depending on the views of the supporter. Of course, there are those who believe that there are no true laws or morals and that nothing is true and everything should be permitted.

Which pretty much explains San Fransicko.

Can you at least try to address the full content of what I post next time, please? Thought and time was put into that last response as I was expecting a little more of a... wholesome reply from you, if you will.

Also, quit generalizing.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Can you at least try to address the full content of what I post next time, please? Thought and time was put into that last response as I was expecting a little more of a... wholesome reply from you, if you will.

Also, quit generalizing.

What can I say about a city that does not enforce basic public obscenity laws? I can only conclude the that "decent" people of San Fransicko have no problem with public sexual congress.

Anyways, I wonder with the economic meltdown what do singer-songwriters have to say about that in their lyrics. It used to be that Billy Joel & Bruce Springsteen would write about the plight of the laid off steelworkers. But all we get is airy-fairy stuff from the women.

Nobody's forcing you to listen. Music has long been a form of escape from the cruel realities of our world. No one wants to listen to depressing songs about our bad economy. There are constant reminders about it every day in the media. I think it's being sufficiently covered.

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

Nobody's forcing you to listen. Music has long been a form of escape from the cruel realities of our world. No one wants to listen to depressing songs about our bad economy. There are constant reminders about it every day in the media. I think it's being sufficiently covered.

True enough.

Here's another morsel to chew on:

Regina is a BIG environmentalist, yet she flies all around the world for her musical tour. Maybe if she truly believed in global warming, she'd just do gigs in New York City where she could even travel by foot to some. Yeah call me absurd, but I I find it very HARD to accept the idea that MY lifestyle needs to be downgraded, but the spokespeople for global warming get off with a free pass.