Sign in to follow this  
lennonist

And a Happy New Year!

It's 11/11/11. Happy International Day of Respekt!

To commemorate, I have an idea. Let's all listen to the Eleventh track on Regina's album '11:11', "I Want to Sing" at precisely 11:11:11am. And again at 11:11:11pm.

This would also be a way to recognize the 11th anniversary of the recording of the album, which is next month. What does everyone think?

We can repeat this with "My Dear Acquaintance (And a Happy New Year)" on New Year's Eve.

Let's make this a shared communal experience. Like an orgy in a forest. Like a kingly grandificent display of prettiness, virtuosity, amusement, and vitality.

What is our one demand? #Respekt November 11th. Bring shovel.

edit: Oh crap. Forgot about time zones. Uhh, Eastern time zone good for everyone? Ugh, disregard that. Just do it with accordance to the your local time zone. Or you could do it for multiple time zones... It's up to you. Spektorism is open to personal interpretation.

Make a wish everyone! (or at least everyone in my time zone...)

I'm listening to all 151 Regina songs in chronological order to celebrate (based on this thread)

Currently, it's playing the Bronx. How relevant. Smiler

"Do you know what I'd wish for?

Do you know what I'd wish for?

A 24-hour Baskin Robbins in my neighborhood

An elevator in my building so I wouldn't have to walk up to the eighth floor

And also a dog."

Wow, that's a lot of Regina to listen to in a day! How long did it take?

I didn't even know a chronological listed existed Big Grin

It's missing a couple of songs I think, though, like Twa Sisters and Rockland County. Twa Sisters isn't exactly a song by Regina, just a cover. Oh, and Balloon Girl and Birdsong (which Regina did with Alex Heffes). And a song called When I Woke Up featuring Regina.

I didn't do much on 11/11. Just updated my Facebook status, ha.

quote:
Wow, that's a lot of Regina to listen to in a day! How long did it take?

I didn't even know a chronological listed existed

It's missing a couple of songs I think, though, like Twa Sisters and Rockland County. Twa Sisters isn't exactly a song by Regina, just a cover. Oh, and Balloon Girl and Birdsong (which Regina did with Alex Heffes). And a song called When I Woke Up featuring Regina.

I just added Rockland County and some of her newer songs (like Ink Stains and Firewood). I didn't finish it, unfortunately. But I did make it all the way to Secret Stash before I went to sleep, which is surprisingly far down the list.