Sign in to follow this  
lennonist

And a Happy New Year!

We can house holiday chatter in this thread again. Come on in, everyone! Hang your coat and help yourself to some steamy hot chocolate!

Happy Chanukkah to those who celebrate on here!

A heart-warming video from Google:

Google Zeitgeist 2011: Year In Review

Great montage of all the moments that made 2011. Thank you Google for decreasing worldsuck and increasing winage in life.

For those who celebrate, have a Happy Christmas if you are Christian, Happy Yule if you're pagan which you probably aren't, Happy Santa-Day if you just celebrate gift-exchanging, and/or a Happy New Year.

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping (1981)

So excited for the Doctor Who Christmas Special: The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe.

wrote this earlier, but I'll share it anyway:

Went to the Zoo on XXX-mas Eve. 'Why?' I said. My family replies: 'Cause it's free on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's'. So we went and I drove. As it was Christmas, it was mostly Indians/Pakistanis and Jews there. We saw the penguins, the monkeys, gorillas, bonobos, chimpanzees, orangutans, fishes, bears, the rhinoceros, polar bears, wolves, birds, the Big Cat Country - tigers, jaguars, cheetahs, leopards, and lions. At this point, I overheard a little girl say to her daddy, "Lions are not kosher, right?!" Despite my gloomy demeanor, I couldn't help smiling at that. It made my week. Is 20-yo too young to start as a paedobear-apprentice? Moving on, we saw elephants, giraffes, seal, sea lions, camels, kangaroos, some birds, more fishes. Most of the animals were sleeping and indoors cause it was kinda chilly. On the way back to the parking lot, we're walking across some play set and children's swings in the Diary Farm with a few cows, and my brother says: "Oh, look at the humans! See them play."