srg

2003-05-31 New York, NY | Sin-é

A few tracks from this show have been out for a while (including the debut performance of Uh-merica); the full set includes a performance of the untitled song 'the devil come to Bethlehem' and a classic mid-song improv during Dance Anthem of the 80s:

01)

02) Düsseldorf

03)

04) 'the devil come to Bethlehem'

05)

06) Poor Little Rich Boy

07)

08) Uh-merica

09)

10) 'dust to dust'

11)

12) Ghost of Corporate Future

13)

14) Dance Anthem of the 80s

15)

16) Your Honor

17)

The person with whom Regina says she would like to record Your Honor is Rachel Trachtenburg--at the time, the nine-year-old drummer for the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players.

A few tracks from this show have been out for a while (including the debut performance of Uh-merica); the full set includes a performance of the untitled song 'the devil come to Bethlehem' and a classic mid-song improv during Dance Anthem of the 80s:

01)

02) Düsseldorf

03)

04) 'the devil come to Bethlehem'

05)

06) Poor Little Rich Boy

07)

08) Uh-merica

09)

10) 'dust to dust'

11)

12) Ghost of Corporate Future

13)

14) Dance Anthem of the 80s

15)

16) Your Honor

17)

The person with whom Regina says she would like to record Your Honor is Rachel Trachtenburg--at the time, the nine-year-old drummer for the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players.

Woot, Uh-merica! We are the third planet from the Sun.

*beep beep beep* (at 1:03 of DAot80's)

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"Oh I'm at Sin-é."

"Oh, what are you doing?"

"I'm listening to this girl and she's playing '80's music, but kinda wrong. Solo."

Props to Regina for handling that so comically.

... I can't believe it.

I thought that I would NEVER get to hear Devil Come to Bethlehem in any different form than the one recording that's been floating around for so long...

... And then you changed my life.

I'm serious. Devil Come to Bethlehem is one of my single favorite songs of ALL time. And you just gave me the ability to fall in love with it all over again!

I <3 you Srg. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

*beep beep beep* (at 1:03 of DAot80's)

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"Oh I'm at Sin-é."

"Oh, what are you doing?"

"I'm listening to this girl and she's playing '80's music, but kinda wrong. Solo."

This, the duet with Reggie Watts, "SOLO" from the performance with The Roots, Super Slow Regi-Motion from Cascais' concert and the official music video make DAOT80s my favorite funny Regina song!

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

Hi srg Smiler I tried to download this show from .net but it only says "Sorry, page not ready yet", but from here I could download them. Thought you should know. Thanks again a million times.

Thanks for the heads up; it should be fixed now (if not, my webmaster is in for the thrashing of a lifetime).