Sign in to follow this  
23Allie23

Back to the Stix

Hi everyone!!!

Sooooo I haven't been on the stix in about a year or so. Not because my love for Regina's music has faded, if anything I'd say I've grown much fonder and more open to her stuff. I'm still just as obsessed (I even search Youtube for the most recently added vids of her pretty much every day or two). Why then? Well, I guess I just felt there was a lot of bickering and such and I didn't feel the stix was the place of love, sharing, and admiration that it used to be when I was a "lurker." I suppose the "downfall" started when the old demo tracks started leaking out... everyone was at eachother's thoats! From there it grew and grew, until I got... bored of it all I guess you could say. Slowly I stopped posting (not that I posted much anyway -- for many year I simply read), then stoped lurking around, and finally I felt no urge to check up on the stix at all.

But this is all in the past (I'm hoping)!!! So my question for you guys now is what's up on the stix?! Who are the new "Adreseng" or peeps who quickly make their way up to thousands of posts! Now, over a year and a half later, what does everyone think of Far!?!? My expectations weren't the highest for "Live in London" but it blew me away of course! What's the "scoop" in the stix world. What did I miss? Any big projects or good discussions you've cooked up? Fun rants/stories? Perhaps an oldie but goodie I may have missed? Tell me all!

As always, thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you and yours are all doing well this holiday season!

Hi everyone!!!

Sooooo I haven't been on the stix in about a year or so. Not because my love for Regina's music has faded, if anything I'd say I've grown much fonder and more open to her stuff. I'm still just as obsessed (I even search Youtube for the most recently added vids of her pretty much every day or two). Why then? Well, I guess I just felt there was a lot of bickering and such and I didn't feel the stix was the place of love, sharing, and admiration that it used to be when I was a "lurker." I suppose the "downfall" started when the old demo tracks started leaking out... everyone was at eachother's thoats! From there it grew and grew, until I got... bored of it all I guess you could say. Slowly I stopped posting (not that I posted much anyway -- for many year I simply read), then stoped lurking around, and finally I felt no urge to check up on the stix at all.

But this is all in the past (I'm hoping)!!! So my question for you guys now is what's up on the stix?! Who are the new "Adreseng" or peeps who quickly make their way up to thousands of posts! Now, over a year and a half later, what does everyone think of Far!?!? My expectations weren't the highest for "Live in London" but it blew me away of course! What's the "scoop" in the stix world. What did I miss? Any big projects or good discussions you've cooked up? Fun rants/stories? Perhaps an oldie but goodie I may have missed? Tell me all!

As always, thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you and yours are all doing well this holiday season!

Once a stixer, always a stixer! It's good to have you back. How's Ohio been treating you?

It's been pretty quiet around here lately. Maybe because regina has been pretty quiet, or maybe because we just can't find anything to bicker about. :P Although you seemed to have returned at the perfect time; the wise and wonderful srg has just posted a bunch of previously unavailable old shows. Check them oooout!

Live in London is a great accomplishment. It's awesome having such high quality live recordings, and possibly more awesome was actually getting to see it on the big screen in the East Village. Soo soo proud of our girl. It's a beautiful tribute to Dan. It's kind of intense but another part of the healing process for everyone I suppose. FYI, we voted on, and sent a flower arrangement from Brumstix to Dan's funeral. Regina found out and later thanked us.

If you're really interested or really bored you can read a post small novel containing my thoughts on far.

Lastly, Jack aka Only Son has a new album coming out Jan 18. You SERIOUSLY need to see his video for