Sign in to follow this  
trailoftealeaves

speed?

she sped through most of the songs as if all she wanted to do at any given time was get to the next part. although the fuckups were forgiven without a second thought[/quote:ff9136c866]

Let's keep in mind Regina was actually opening for Mates of State... I would think she might naturally be more nervous and rushed since she wasn't supposedly the center of attention Friday night (well, she was the center of my focus). Also, the red Baldwin was beautiful... but maybe also a little intimidating?!?! Well, I should stop making excuses, I'm just an adoring fan (aka "Spektator"), and I think Regina was great and natural for the most part, and doesn't really need anyone to make excuses for her. But I saw her once before at the Knitting Factory in Sept, where she was the main star, and she seemed more comfortable then.

Samson was super-duper-fast at the gig I saw Regina.. it was a request tho, and she said before she started that it was a bit high for her that nite, so I think she was nervous 'bout it (especially cuz there was such a cheer when someone shoutred out *SAMSON!*).. I have a few bootlegs and in general I'd say songs are a bit quicker than on the albums! One has an amazingly speedy Ne Mes Quitte Pas!