Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

Awards Season! (Oscars and Golden Globes)

I have to jump in to disagree. For me, Social Network benefited greatly from the score and I absolutely love it idependently from the movie as well. I find the others, especially Inception, uninteresting. I listened to several of Zimmer scores and they are all very generic, sounding more or less the same.

^You know one thing that really got me to like the Inception score? The Inception app. You hear it quite a lot when your listening and they make it blend in so well.

From now on, whenever I hear the music from Inception, I'll probably feel something that corresponds with what I felt while using the app. It's pretty cool.

I played the Hans Zimmer score for months after watching the movie, especially Dream Is Collapsing, Time, and whatever was playing during the ending and credits - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxHGbEb6KA - especially at 1:39. I've thought about setting Edith Piaf's "Non, Je ne regrette rien" as a alarm signal or ringtone but have been too lazy to figure it out. Hans is the most revered contemporary composer, along with John Williams - I mean, who can forget Hans Zimmer's Gladiator score. Hans Zimmer's soundtracks tend to have a big bombastic orgasmic sound, and maybe people are put off by that, but I like it. I think it follows the spirit of the emotional and heavy compositions by Beethoven and the likes. I listened to Daft Punk's Derezzed ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Pc-S5dl8g ) a whole lot. Tron was revolutionary in the sense that it was a movie set to the music rather than the other way around - it was basically a long music video for Daft Punk. Otoh, I found The Social Network's soundtrack to be very typical. But I dunno. I'll reserve judgement until I watch it. Regina just posted on her FB that she just saw it and found it well-written.

sidenote: I'll admit, I'm a DC fanboy (and Marvel too - looking forward to Joss Whedon's The Avengers in 2012), so I'm a big fan of Nolan. When I was a wee lad, I would cut out the figures of Superman and Batman and hide them under some place, and there was a storm and all my collection got wet and destroyed. I'm a big fan of Nolan's modern and non-campy Batman adaption. I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. I loved The Prestige. I'm really looking forward to the Superman reboot, especially since Nolan is going to be executive producer and Zach Synder is directing and Henry Cavill is donning the /S\ shield and the cape. I'm not so sure about Marc Webb's (of (500) Days of Summer fame and director of a couple of Regina's music videos) Amazing Superman reboot, with Andrew Garfield (who played Eduardo Saverin in the Social Network) as Peter Parker. It looks okay, based on the pictures released so far. Anyway... sorry about the two big blocks of text.

edit: ha, this is hilarious:

Iraqi TRON

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos...ts/fv9zh/iraqi_tron/