Sign in to follow this  
almostspotless

MoMA Benefit 3/9/11

quote:
Originally posted by peter pan:

quote:
Originally posted by legerdemain:

wooooooooooo, ALL THE ROWBOATS!

I love that song! (heck, I love them all)

and she found it on the internet, LOL!

omfg Regina uses the net to find her own songs ahahah

She sure does. At the Bowery Ballroom show in January 2009 she told us that this is the site she goes to to check out the lyrics to the songs she has partially forgotten.

http://reginaspektor-net.blogs...dates?max-results=99

It is srg's site.

Didn't she relearn Lucky Penny from srg's site too?

That was one of the things I asked her about at McCarren! She said she looks up her old songs if she needs to remember them, like when a TV Show e-mailed her asking for a "proper master" of Lucky Penny and she looked it up and played it. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by legerdemain:

ahahah at the end of Sword & Pen she sounds like a gipsy singing <3

I think less gypsy than Russian/Jewish. This is how she ended the song at the White House, too.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

I think this guy has all of them: http://www.youtube.com/user/IA...et#p/u/7/HKF-oeOzGPU

She performed "Baobabs", "All the Rowboats", "The Sword & The Pen", SHHHH "Blue Lips", and "Better". But why is the guitar there?

Poor crowd. They need to realize this isn't a rock concert. The people in the back have van Gogh's ear for music and wouldn't recognize a masterpiece or just genius in general without the description of it as such.

edit: she also played "Apres Moi" - six songs total.

Correction: She performed seven songs. Tony forgot to upload "On the Radio".

It's a sin to babble when Regina sings. There's a special place in hell for people who do that, along with child molesters and people who talk during movies.

but they gave money to cure pediatric cancer which may provide an exemption from hell.

I thought that Baobabs was intended to put them in their place, though.

quote:

quote:

I think this guy has all of them: http://www.youtube.com/user/IA...et#p/u/7/HKF-oeOzGPU

She performed "Baobabs", "All the Rowboats", "The Sword & The Pen", SHHHH "Blue Lips", and "Better". But why is the guitar there?

Poor crowd. They need to realize this isn't a rock concert. The people in the back have van Gogh's ear for music and wouldn't recognize a masterpiece or just genius in general without the description of it as such.

edit: she also played "Apres Moi" - six songs total.

Correction: She performed seven songs. Tony forgot to upload "On the Radio".

It's a sin to babble when Regina sings. There's a special place in hell for people who do that, along with child molesters and people who talk during movies.

That's true, their good deeds might save them.

I was trying to make a reference to an episode of Firefly when Shepherd Book says to Captain Mal Reynolds, "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

Generally though, people who can't hold their conversations for small period of time during which Regina sings should have their mouths glued permanent.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

That was one of the things I asked her about at McCarren! She said she looks up her old songs if she needs to remember them, like when a TV Show e-mailed her asking for a "proper master" of Lucky Penny and she looked it up and played it. Big Grin

She didn't just look it up, tell them where she looked it up!!!

EDIT: Sorry, I see that was already established on the previous page...