lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by Snowball13:

Random fact about yourself : My mother is Brazilian and still my portuguese is virtually not existent.

Frowner

My grandma is Portuguese, now she lives in Portugal but when she was young she immigrated to France and had my mother here. My mom has the two nationalities (French and Portuguese), speaks the two languages but she has never taught me how to speak Portuguese. I don't understand why.

One day I went to Portugal to meet my family but we couldn't talk to each other. Concerning my grandma, even if she speaks French I would love to speak Portuguese with her. I don't know if it will happen.. Bah.

Anyway, Welcome to the stix everyone! Smiler

kaoir: It's not too late, you can still learn! Maybe you can ask your mom to teach you a phrase in Portuguese everyday and if you go to visit your family in Portugal again, you'll be able to speak a little with them. And listening to portuguese music would be helpful too. Wink The only person to recommend that comes to mind at the moment is Bebel Gilberto but I'm sure there's a lot more good Portuguese music out there. Now I'm curious....

sweetness in my lungs: No, I never saw Journeyman but i read the plot, it sounds like it would have been interesting. I saw this show called 'Awake' that was pretty good but got cancelled after the first season. It was about a detective that lived in two different realities and didn't know which one was real. In one his wife was alive and in the other his son was alive so he didn't want to know which was the real reality.

quote:
Btw: I use this username often and never try out "Snowball", I prefer it with the 13.

Snowball13: Red Face oh, pardon me, my mistake. At first I had called you "snowball" instead of "snowball13". Sometimes with usernames I don't know if the number is important.

gah, sorry for going so off-topic with just replying to people. I should fill this out too...I don't know why i procrastinate.

But anyway welcome to the stix, everyone who is new!

Stats

Name or nickname: Angelina. But most people close to me call me Lina.

Orientation: Heterosexual, but Regina is making me rethinking this through Wink

Relationship status: Lonely.

Languages: French, obviously, and I pretend to speak a bit of english too.

Life

Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, reading, drawing and overthinking.

Interests: Everything is interesting when you're lucky enough to find the right people to teach you.

Political Views: Moderate left, I guess.

Religious Views: Atheist. The universe is so much more fascinating and beautiful when you put God out of the equation.

Favorite Things

Foods: Music.

Color: Black isn't a color but it's my favorite one.

Books: Kafka, Nabokov but my favorite reading is a letter my dad wrote me years ago.

TV: Seinfeld, Mad Men, Breaking Bad

Movies: Barry Lyndon, West Side Story, Mr. Nobody and so many more.

Music: Regina, Fiona Apple, The Beatles, Ingrid Michaelson, St Vincent, Kate Bush and a lot of classical music...

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: The name of a character I unreasonably related to in the most beautiful movie ever.

First time you heard Regina: Probably in 2009, not long after Far was released. I remember I stumbled on Après Moi on youtube and got hooked instantly.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Wow, it's tough. Right now, I'd go with Après Moi, Laughing With, Oh Marcello, Ballad of a Politician, Human of the Year, but I can't believe I'm leaving out Eet, Us, Genius Next Door, Open, Machine or thirty other songs out.

Random fact about yourself: I can't swim.

Who/What inspires you: Artists, smart persons, and people in the street who smile at you for no reason.

Best thing about last year: It ended.

Looking forward to this year: Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

Lady Lyndon: Hehe. C'est plutôt sympa de voir une autre française sur ce forum. En tout cas c'est vraiment un endroit génial pour tout fan de Regina, bienvenue! Smiler

porcupine-ologist: Thank you for your reply! You're right, it's not too late. I don't listen to portuguese music, the only songs I know are the ones my granddad used to listen in his car. Ahem. Big Grin

I will follow your advice, thanks again!

Thought maybe it was about time I filled this out Smiler

Stats

Name or nickname: Bryony

Orientation: Bisexual

Relationship status: Young, free and single

Languages: English, trying to learn French (I downloaded a tape and this is as far as I have got) - also got a D for my German GCSE which I'm guessing does not count.

Life

Occupation: I sell plates and glasses. If you are ever in need of crockery I am your girl.

Hobbies: Knitting and collecting limited edition vinyls that I cannot afford.

Interests: music, food, internet...

Political Views: to the left, to the left

Religious Views: Atheist

Favorite Things

Foods:Seafood

Color: Purple

Books: I won't list but I am reading How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran and it's pretty awesome

TV: Mad Men, Star Trek, Midsomer Murders

Movies: Fried Green Tomatoes - anything that makes me cry.

Music: Regina Spektor,Laura Marling, Peggy Sue, Damien Rice, Amanda Palmer - again anything that can make me cry haha

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: The song Two Sisters obviously. (Fun Brumstix memory I just um, remembered, once me and Em Mitchell were alone on the stix for a day, and I changed my username to BryonyTheGreat and we must of posted about 1000 posts and got really giddy, and then people came back and got mad so we deleted them all, and we were gonna wage war on another forum but chickened out idek)

First time you heard Regina: On the Radio when Fidelity fist came out, I went on Limewire (sshhh..) straight after and downloaded EVERYTHING.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: All the Rowboats, The Devil Come to Bethlehem, Hotel Song, Loveology, 8th Floor at the moment.

Random fact about yourself: I have one blue eye and one green eye.

Best thing about last year: Getting a job and my life vaguely in order.

Looking forward to this year:Seeing Regina in just over a week! Also going back to Tunisia to see my best friend Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by kaoir:

quote:
Originally posted by Snowball13:

Random fact about yourself : My mother is Brazilian and still my portuguese is virtually not existent.

Frowner

My grandma is Portuguese, now she lives in Portugal but when she was young she immigrated to France and had my mother here. My mom has the two nationalities (French and Portuguese), speaks the two languages but she has never taught me how to speak Portuguese. I don't understand why.

One day I went to Portugal to meet my family but we couldn't talk to each other. Concerning my grandma, even if she speaks French I would love to speak Portuguese with her. I don't know if it will happen.. Bah.

Anyway, Welcome to the stix everyone! Smiler

Olá kaoir, tudo fixe? Smiler É uma pena não perceberes o que eu ando a escrever, mas paciência Razzer

Ahah, just messing with you Razzer