lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

my original:

Olá kaoir, tudo fixe? É uma pena não perceberes o que eu ando a escrever, mas paciência

translation:

Hi kaoir, everything cool? It's a shame you don't understand a thing of what I'm writing, but oh patience!

and your reply was:

Hi legerdemain!

I don't speak portuguese but I'm optimist! Sometimes, I can understand

lol

Hey, I just joined! I've been reading this forum on and off for quite some time, but I always feel super awkward participating on forums so I never joined until now. I'll try to be semi-active at least!

Stats

Name or nickname: deeth

Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship status: In a relationship.

Location: Northern Europe (Helsinki, Finland, if you must know.)

Languages: Finnish, English, Swedish.. some German and Spanish but I haven't taken lessons in a long time so I have forgotten a lot. I've also studied a tiny bit of Russian, Italian and French but I can't say I speak any. I'm TRYING (and failing miserably) to learn Polish (my boyfriend originally comes from Poland). It's so hard.

Life

Occupation: I can't talk about my job much so my friends call me secret agent. I kind of like it because it sounds so much more exciting than what I actually do. I'm just an office slave really.

Hobbies: I used to have so many hobbies as a child so now I won't commit to anything.

Interests: Music and books and traveling and all the clichés.

Political Views: I just want to save the planet.

Religious Views: I like reading about any and all religions but I don't feel like they are for me.

Favorite Things

Foods: Pineapple. Chocolate.

Color: I love all colours. Especially orange. And green.

Books: Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, Master & Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, Moomin books by Tove Jansson, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin, Just Kids by Patti Smith. There are a lot of great books out there. I just started reading Faulkner and I love him.

TV: Twin Peaks, Veronica Mars, Skins (UK seasons 1 & 2), Shameless (US), Nikita, Misfits (seasons 1 & 2), The Golden Girls

Movies: This is a really hard question. Three Colors: Red (1994), Blue Velvet (1986), A Tale of Two Sisters (2003), After Life (1998), All About Lily Chou-Chou (2001), Amélie (2001), Talk to Her (2002), All About My Mother (1999), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Lilja 4-ever (2002), Nobody Knows (2004), Casablanca (1942), Let the Right One In (2008), Pan's Labyrinth (2006), The NeverEnding Story (1984).. and so many more. I always feel like I'm forgetting something important when I try to make lists.

Music: Joanna Newsom! Also Regina Spektor (obviously), Shiina Ringo, Björk, Patti Smith, Lana Del Rey (especially her older songs), Scandinavian Music Group, Bat for Lashes.

Misc

First time you heard Regina: I heard Ghost of Corporate Future a short while after Soviet Kitsch came out and I fell in love instantly. It's still one of my favourites.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: 8th Floor, Loveology, The Virgin Queen, Hero, Just Like the Movies

Random fact about yourself: I can't blow bubbles out of bubblegum. It's sad really.

Who/What inspires you: Joanna Newsom. I'm so happy there seems to be a lot of Joanna Newsom fans on this forum.

Best thing about last year: Wow, last year was so uneventful for me.. If only this question would be about any other year!

Looking forward to this year: Lots of things! Concerts! Especially Björk and Van Dyke Parks.

Waa, suomalainen ihminen! Onnenpäiväni! Big Grin Ja myöskin Joanna Newsom <3, SMG <3 ja Bat for Lashes <3. Tervetuloa ja nauti. Smiler

The Nordic representation is ever growing, mwahaha. And I must say I'm very impressed by your language skills!

Kiitos! Big Grin

I wouldn't be that impressed, I'm known for being able to mix German and Swedish in the same sentence and then wonder why no one understands what I'm saying. Smiler

Stats

Name or nickname: jeffrey

Orientation: straight

Relationship status: no

Languages: english, im a novice at spanish, im even more of a novice at chinese

Life

Hobbies: chess, piano, pokemon, tennis

Interests: not sure

Political Views: not sure, but im probably pretty liberal

Religious Views: agnostic, but i would like to be a scientologist or mormon. you crazy mormons

Favorite Things

Foods:REAL chinese food, mint chocolate chip ice cream, bananas, water, other stuff

Color: red

Books: havent read much, but definitely harry potters, tale of two cities, im thinking about mein kampf, as i lay dying

TV: man vs wild, scrubs, office (ones with michael scott), arrested development, spongebob(old ones), mythbusters, wilfred, whitest kids u know (best show in the worrrllrllllldldldld), mxc, eastbound & down, fringe, psych, louie

Movies: 500 days of summer, saving private ryan, batman:dark knight, pretty much everything by pixar (not brave, it was a big piece of poop), stepbrothers,forrest gump, titanic, the notebook, pursuit of happyness (anything with will smith, pretty much), fiddler on the roof, stand by me

Music: regina spektor, iron maiden, basshunter, children of bodom, iced earth, jack johnson, paramore, chopin, vivaldi, liszt, tchaikovsky, sergei bortkiewicz, more piano stuff, love language, lonely island, inkspots, yanni, sublime, Ashley fucking Schaeffer, norman petty, richard hawley

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: i was at a camp, and a counselor started calling me dj jazzy jeff (because of my name). one of my friends heard that, and a lot of people started calling me jazzy. i was with another friend, and we were talking about how you can spell "jeffrey" like "geoffrey," and "y"s like "ii," so jazzy became "geozzii"

First time you heard Regina: i think it was fidelity, on mtv or sumpin, but that was a time when that song was probably considered too girly for my age group, and i was too young, so i never got into it. 500 days of summer got me into "us", but i didnt really start loving regina until i downloaded the entire soviet kitsch album, which buttraped me and still buttrapes me, and it will probably buttrape me forever.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Braille, The Flowers, Dog and Pony, Your Honor, Loveology(this question is making me rage)

Random fact about yourself: i like talking about eating dogs

Who/What inspires you: my older brother, he influences a lot of my behavior and music taste, and "The Whitest Kids U' Know" is the essence of my sense of humor

Best thing about last year: FUCKING IRON MAIDEN CONCERT, so beautiful, i'll never go to another concert again (unless its regina spektor, or yanni, or some chopin, or a good play like Fiddler on the Roof[not really a concert, but it dont matter])Also, watching Federer win his 17th major, WOOOOO, he still got it!

Looking forward to this year: SAT and APs! i love tests! also, crying about the fact that i will probably never see regina live until another 5-10 years, and also that when i do, i wont be able to hear her old songs. also, being able to drive, midnight release of batman on my birthday, listening to regina spektor, other stuff that i havent realized yet

Welcome to Brumstix, Jeffrey!

quote:
pretty much everything by pixar (not brave, it was a big piece of poop), stepbrothers,forrest gump, titanic, the notebook, pursuit of happyness, fiddler on the roof

Haha. I've heard Brave was pretty good (haven't watched it though), how come it's such a 'big piece of poop'? Wink

I really like Titanic too. Probably way too much, as a matter of fact, but oh well.

Oh also, you say that you probably won't see Regina live for another 5 years. After she does her Australian tour I think she's going back to the US and doing a couple of shows - there's hope for you yet!

Stats

Name or nickname: Kenny

Orientation: Gay

Relationship status: In a relationship

Languages: Just english Frowner

Life

Hobbies: REGINA! knitting, drawing

Interests: living, i'm not sure what to put here lol

Political Views: democrat

Religious Views: catholic

Favorite Things

Foods: macaroni n cheese, pop tarts , cookies, and mexican food. basically anything really unhealthy for you lol

Color: yellow

Books: tooo many currently on fifty shades of grey (don't judge me lol) but my favorite authors are david levithan, libba bray, and who doesn't love some sylvia plath.

TV: anything thats reality or on HBO. True blood is one of my favorites.

Movies: 500 days of summer is my all time favorite movie, then goes v for vendetta , black swan, animal house, and pet cemetery.

Music: REGINA! florence and the machine, jacks mannequin, robyn, tegan and sara, gaga, paramore, lykke li

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: it's an unreleased song by paramore that i feel in love with.

First time you heard Regina: when she appeared on SNl but didnt start buying her msuic until i heard in her 500 days of summer.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: ok i think about his alot so hear it is: 1. Prisoners 2. Summer in the City 3. Loveology 4. Back of a Truck 5. Laughing with

Random fact about yourself: ummm i hate the feeling of carpets on bare feet! random enough?

Who/What inspires you: my mommmy <3 lol

Best thing about last year: so far this year i met my idols tegan and sara and saw my hero for the first time live, regina spektor. Also i finished my junior year so finally i am a senior! Smiler

Looking forward to this year: Getting into a great college, hopefully seeing regina again live, i would die if i ever got to touch her ( not pervertedly) and graduating!

quote:
Originally posted by Kateateyou:

Haha. I've heard Brave was pretty good (haven't watched it though), how come it's such a 'big piece of poop'? Wink

I really like Titanic too. Probably way too much, as a matter of fact, but oh well.

Oh also, you say that you probably won't see Regina live for another 5 years. After she does her Australian tour I think she's going back to the US and doing a couple of shows - there's hope for you yet!

It was okay, but everything else by Pixar is sooo much better. I think I just don't like that Irishy accent, and the trailer felt really lacking. The only good thing about the movie is the setting - it's basically Skyrim, if you know what that is.

Still, I'm too young/busy/poor to go see Regina anytime soon. Maybe in college, I'll get a chance, but right now where I live is probably too obscure. Maybe it won't be too long, but it still feels agonizingly far away.

Welcome to Brumstix swiminthissilense and geozzii!!

quote:
Originally posted by geozzii:

Random fact about yourself: i like talking about eating dogs

Hahahaha. If you like talking about eating dogs.. Do you like talking about eating cats? There was a wonderful discussion on Brumstix about it: regina a cat person???