lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

^^Don't worry, tony! I don't think anyone was offended by your criticism, and it's a fair point if that's what you feel. Don't take it back if it was honest. There's nothing wrong with getting defensive over her songs-- we all love them, and so we understand not wanting to see any negativity directed at them.

That said, it's fine if you want to drop it, but i hope you don't feel like you were somehow out of line, because i think your criticism was fair, and definitely came from a place that Stixers will understand just fine! Wink

P.S. Samson! Razzer Just teasing, of course.

quote:
Who was the person defending me a little. That was really nice.

It was me! heehee Wink I think, unless you meant someone else...

Well, I know how you feel. The idea of choosing one song over another makes me uneasy. But, you know, as it's been said, I think people don't view it that way and have different ideas about the game so it doesn't make me uncomfortable anymore. No big deal. Smiler And there are always the other game threads. I especially like Name that reg tune...in other words...

Though I haven't played in a while.

kaoir: I also hope you got into that Master selection thing. I remember you saying the French system can be so cruel. Frowner I hope it all works out, I think you will be amazing at what you do either way.

Aww.. Thank you so much guys!

porcupine-ologist! Your post was really nice. Thank you thank you thank you. You have no idea how much it means to me! Ooh. My cat is on my desk.. fvgfvhuy. Haha. I think she wanted to say "thank you for being so nice with my owner." Razzer

Unfortunately, I'm not selected.. but I keep smiling! Even if I can't study marine biology this year, I will apply for other Universities the next year and hopefully they will choose me. *fingers crossed*

I was so sad when I learned that I wasn't selected. I got good marks in exams and I've always been fascinated by marine species. I tried to talk with my teacher because I wanted to understand her choice but she didn't want to talk with me. =/

The key is to stay positive and enjoy life whatever happens! Smiler I'm involved in an international voluntary program! With other young people, we are going to develop a project to protect the biodiversity. These kind of projects are being put into practice all around the world and I don't know yet where I will live this year. I just know that I have to pay a small part of my travel costs. Also, I will receive free accommodation, food, etc.. The next week I will meet all the people involved in this program. Hehehe, that's so exciting!

Emma, I'm sorry if my story is frightening. Razzer I'm sure you will have a lot of fun this year! University is a wonderful place! I met a lot of awesome people and for the first time of your life you choose what you really want to study. I can't wait to start a new Master and (hopefully) get my diploma! Smiler

Intouchable has become a success, you are right! I hadn't heard of the website 1x.com. Thanks for the info! I love these sites but they are also counter-productive for me. Avoiding all the sites and just pick up the camera seems like a good idea. Smiler

Stats

Sean

male

straight

single

Connecticut

English, and a little Russian

Deli Worker (Stop & Shop,) Crew N00b (Dunkin)

Piano, bass, writing,

Finance, piano, pro wrestling, woodworking

everyone gets what they need, no one needs to die

Mormon (NOT a Romney supporter)

Cranberry juice, stuffing, quesadillas

lime green

Palahniuk, Tolstoy, Shakespeare

Parks and Recreation, the Office, Community, Arrested Development, Dexter

50/50, every Kubrick movie, Tarantino

Everything but Nickleback

I wanted something new,

My old friend's band covered "Uh-Merica"

Uh-Merica, That Time/Your Honor, Re-jazz, Firewood, Oedipus,

All my friends are at least 8" taller than me

My Uncle John, Regina

It Ended

Starting school again

Hello, fellow Reg lovers! I've just joined these boards and I thought this was a good place to say hi. Smiler

Stats

Name or nickname: Molly

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Single

Languages: British English, and a little German!

Life

Occupation: I'm still at school, but I aspire to become a writer!

Hobbies: Obviously creative writing (especially poetry), photography, reading, listening to music, films.

Interests: Literature, music, animals, history, travel (or at least hearing other people's globe-trotting adventures and wanting to go myself...does that count?).

Political Views: Meh, politics sucks.

Religious Views: At the moment, very open and not completely decided.

Favorite Things

Foods: Pasta. Pasta, pasta, pasta.

Color: Purple, what else?

Books: Wuthering Heights, Hard Times, A Room With A View, The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time, The Diary Of Anne Frank, A Series Of Unfortunate Events, Alice In Wonderland/Through The Looking Glass, A Wrinkle In Time, amongst others!

TV: The Simpsons never fails to make me smile. I like a lot of comedy; The Office (UK), I'm Alan Partridge, Fawlty Towers, Lead Balloon, The IT Crowd etc. Waterloo Road and the odd bit of Emmerdale/Corrie are guilty pleasures!

Movies: A massive range - some of my favourites include Abigail's Party, Spirited Away, Edward Scissorhands, The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas, Labyrinth, Liar Liar, The Notebook, The Addams Family, Beetlejuice, Dangerous Minds, The Time Machine, Kes, and of course some good ol' Disney/Pixar...

Music: Well, Regina, of course! But also Florence + The Machine, The Smiths, Amy Macdonald, Dire Straits, Kate Bush, Don Mclean, The Killers, Keane, The Beatles, Laura Marling, Pink Floyd, Queen, Oasis, Avril Lavigne, Blondie, David Bowie, Simon & Garfunkel, The Vaccines, Marina And The Diamonds...the list goes on.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: It's from Regina's "The Man Of A Thousand Faces" - the line "eats a small lump of sugar, and smiles at the moon like he knows her." Smiler

First time you heard Regina: A few months ago, when I was bored one day. I'd heard a friend talk about Regina and I was kind of curious to see what she was like - I never looked back! Razzer

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: At the moment, I'd say: On The Radio, 20 Years Of Snow, Eet, Blue Lips, Chemo Limo. But it's a very tough decision, and changes constantly depending on my mood!

Random fact about yourself: I have brown eyes, but when I was born one was a lighter shade than the other! It evened up and now they're pretty much the same, but if you stare really hard you can sometimes see a slight difference.

Who/What inspires you: Anne Frank, and the Almighty Spektor of course! My friends, family and lovely people who care or try to make a difference.

Best thing about last year: Just all my happy memories generally!

Looking forward to this year: Well, now that Winter is on it's way - Christmas!

Hi! I've been registered for a couple years but never bothered to say hi. So, hi!

Stats

Name or nickname: Jesse

Orientation: straight

Relationship status: single

Languages: english

Life

Hobbies: music, books, DnD, gaming, tv, movies

Interests: Regina!, geek culture, gaming culture, sci-fi, fantasy, computers

Political Views: socially liberal, fiscally conservative

Religious Views: nope

Favorite Things

Foods: pizza, chinese, cheese

Color: green

Books: The Name of the Wind, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Eyes of the Dragon, Ender's Game

TV: Community, Stargate SG-1, Archer, The Office, Mythbusters, South Park, Firefly

Movies: Shawshank Redemption, 12 Angry Men, Schindler's List, Superbad, Braveheart

Music: Regina Spektor, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kate Nash, Sara Bareilles, Feist, The Knife, Ingrid Michaelson, Imogen Heap, Lady Sovereign, the bird and the bee, Alanis Morissette, CSS, Freezepop

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Odin All-Father but in a digital format. Odin was too small to work as my display name in a game so I went with digitalodin.

First time you heard Regina: I think it was her cover of Little Houses for the intro to Weeds. But I didn't know who she was. First time I paid attention was hearing her come up in a female vocalist station I created in Pandora.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Apres Moi, Flowers, Hotel Song, Us, Dance Anthem of the 80's

Random fact about yourself: I have a red master chief helmet tattooed on my leg.

Who/What inspires you: The 14th Dalai Lama, Stephen Hawking, Jerry Holkins, my dad

Best thing about last year: getting my first IT job

Looking forward to this year: seeing Regina live for the first time this November!

Name or nickname: Abby

Orientation: Student

Relationship status: Single

Languages: English, a little bit of French :3

Life

Hobbies: Writing, drawing, fencing, playing music, trying to make others smile :)

Interests: Comedy, music, psychology, social science, podcasting, radio, stand-up, improv, writing.

Political Views: Generally moderate, more towards the liberal side though. Politics aren't my strong suit.

Religious Views: Still working on this one :)

Favorite Things

Foods: TOO MANY TO LIST. I just love food.

Color: Fuchsisa

Books: I like memoir-style books, but unfortunately I've been falling a bit off my reading wagon lately and I'm a bit disappointed in myself for it :P

TV: Parks and Recreation, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, 30 Rock, The Office, South Park, Doctor Who, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, Workaholics.

Movies: Anything that can hold my attention :lol: I like Pulp Fiction, off the top of my head.

Music: This chick named Regina Spektor, you probably haven't heard of her ;) Lady Gaga, They Might Be Giants, Amy Winehouse, Bjork, Ben Folds, The Beatles, Julie Fowlis, Scissor Sisters, Florence and the Machine, She&Him. I'll probably add on more as I think of them!

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: This follows a trend of French usernames I end up having on music forums for some reason, and I adore that song :)

First time you heard Regina: I believe I just came across a video many years ago, it stuck in my head and I couldn't remember who she was for a long while. I came across the same video on youtube around 2 years ago, and I finally figured out who she was, and fell in love from there.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Oh dear, this depends entirely on my mood!

(In no particular order)

1) Daniel Cowman

2) Ne Me Quitte Pas

3) Us

4) Pavlov's Daughter

5) Bobbing For Apples

Random fact about yourself: Hmm... I really enjoy doing makeup?

Who/What inspires you: Many many people! Role models of mine include Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Lady Gaga, Conan O'Brien, Ira Glass... It's an odd list. :P

Best thing about last year: I achieved some personal goals based on bettering academic success and I was extremely proud of that.

Looking forward to this year: I've got a Lady Gaga concert coming up in February that I'm pretty excited for :) Also excited for Christmas. I just LOVE Christmas.

I'm very excited to get to know all of you guys! :)