lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

Stats

Name or nickname:Angel de Hoyos

Orientation:Heterosexual

Relationship status:Single

Languages:Spanish (native), English, also studied Japanese for a couple of years but i'm not conversational.

Life

Hobbies:Mostly play guitar, and piano, also i got a violin but I'm not good at it.

Interests:I like computer science, physics and love to learn about it. comedy is also an interest of mine, I love Sarah Silverman, George Carlin, Tina Fey, Jimmy Carr, Jim Gaffigan, Maria Bamford and I'll stop right there, this could go on for ever.

Political Views:Democratic, if it ever was a thing, that is.

Religious Views:Atheist

Favorite Things

Foods:Pulled pork sandwich

Color:Indigo

Books:I don't read as much as I'd like because I'm terrible at administrating my time, but i have already read The Hobbit, By J.R.R Tolkien, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, by Jeff Lindsay, and these days I'm reading The God Delusion, By Richard Dawkins I probably finish it this week or so. so there are actually very recommendable, given that I'm not an avid reader I'am pretty selective of what I'm going to read. and I'm looking forward to read the Hitch Hiker Guide to Galaxy books, By Douglas Adams.

TV:Dexter, Dr. House, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreations, The Office, The Big Bang Theory, How I met Your Mother, Myth Busters, Supernatural, among others.

Movies:Pulp Fiction, the Godfather trilogy as well as the Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, Inception, Die Hard, Leon the Professional.

Music:Well The Beatles and Regina Spektor I rank them in the same spot, I listen to them almost exclusively but when I'm not listening to them, is likely Deep purple, Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath, Tenacious D.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Obviously from the Song, "Wallet" it's one of the things I like of Regina, that some of her songs are about the most simplistic things and manage to compose/write compelling music/lyrics.

First time you heard Regina:It was Fidelity in VH1 at about 4am when i was suffering from insomnia Back in 2006 I remember the year because I remember that I was just Hire in my first job.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs:Real Quick from the top of my head, One more time with feeling, Patron Saint, Small Town Moon, Music Box, Chemo Limo, even as I Write I feel a little guilty for leaving out some of the songs that come to mind.

Random fact about yourself:I Have never Broke a Bone. random enough.

Who/What inspires you:the advances in technology and to see the line that divide the possible and the impossible can be push from time to time.

Best thing about last year:I got my first iPhone, was a boring year

Looking forward to this year:To travel outside my country.

Lets be Friends:I'would like to make friends here, anyone who likes Regina Spektor to the point of sign in in this forum seem interesting enough.

Contact me I'll be friendly, I really like the idea of making friends all over the world.

and if you are from México maybe we can arrange a get together.

Regards from México.

I'm kinda new, but not really - I'm already on here as geozzii. The forum wasn't working at all for that account, so I just made another.

EDIT: Nevermind, just got fixed. Pretty cool. mod is pretty cool.

Edited by geozzii
Merge account complete

did you regina fans know that you're kinda famous/well-known in my eyes?? your youtube videos, song covers, photos, blogs, etc. are posted everywhere online and i always recognize the same faces, screenames, and such! i'm the biggest regina fan but i don't think anyone knows me...haha so i guess i should do this questionnaire?...

Haha, I know right ! Everywhere in youtube I see the same names I see here :) I can relate to you.

I guess I'll do the question thingy later cause I'm really busy.

I'm a real newbie in here, but before i made and account i've read these things in here and you all seem such nice people.

Well, hi.

Stats

Name or nickname: Loveless, related to the album.

Orientation: Heterosexual.

Relationship status: I'ts complicated.

Languages: Spanish, English.

Life

Hobbies: Videogames and arts, and music above all. (Making it, too)

Interests: Many.

Political Views: Apolitical.

Religious Views: Areligious.

Favorite Things

Foods: Fried hare.

Color: Cyan.

Books: The pianist (by Vázquez Montalbán) and The Picture of Dorian Gray.

TV: Six feet under, Community and South park.

Movies: Eternal sunshine of spotless mind and all Kauffman stuff, and Kevin Smith.

Music: Ehhh... just look at this. http://www.lastfm.es/user/Ojeteespacial

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: The last My bloody valentine's Album.

First time you heard Regina: Months ago a friend showed me, but I didn't care. Then I listened Soviet kitsch...

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: I don't like to listen loose songs, but... Oedipus, The flowers, Chemo Limo, Oh marcello, Pavlov's daughter, etc etc etc etc etc.

Random fact about yourself: I'm music.

Who/What inspires you: Kevin shields.

Best thing about last year: Music.

Looking forward to this year: Listen and make more music.

I can't cut & paste since Hurricane Sandy killed my cable& I have to post from my phone. I'll come back later to do the questions, promise. I just saw my first Regina show & i'm speechless with awe .10/24/12 at the Beacon Theater in NYC. I'm not your typical Regina fan - middle aged married guy with a daughter in college. But I'm an avid music fan, mostly in NYC area folk/indie clubs & coffeehouses. A friend from the Vienna Teng fan community who's also a Regina fan told me I had to see this show & he was right. The rest starts now.

Fred