lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

I feel like I've done this several times, but WOW the Stix is all spiffy and new now, so I feel like doing this again! You care

Stats

Name or nickname: Vicky

Orientation: straight

Relationship status: single

Languages: English, Spanish

Life

Hobbies: eating, sleeping, watching movies, procrastinating wow I'm boring

Interests: movies, music, writing

Political Views: minimal if I'm being honest with you

Religious Views: pretty complicated. I used to be more sure than I am now about what I believe.

Favorite Things

Foods: pizza, bacon, anything sweet. I have a perpetual sweet tooth.

Color: blue

Books: Harry Potter, A Visit from the Goon Squad, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Harriet the Spy, The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Brave New World

TV: Breaking Bad, The Office, Parks and Recreation, So You Think You Can Dance, virtually any competitive cooking shows

Movies: The Social Network, Pride and Prejudice, Young Adult, Submarine, Mean Girls, Wes Anderson movies even though that makes me feel pretentious

Music: Regina of course, Joanna Newsom, St. Vincent, Fiona Apple, and uh plenty more

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: lol. When I was 12/13 I used "rosa" for a lot of online things because rose is the flower of June, which is the month I was born

First time you heard Regina: :') summer 2006, when Fidelity was everywhere

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Human of the Year ALWAYS (I think that's officially my favorite song of hers), 8th Floor, 20 Years of Snow, Pavlov's Daughter, Bartender (but we all know these things change daily)

Random fact about yourself: hmm well I'm a sophomore in college?

Who/What inspires you: people who are confident in themselves. I know that's vague, but that's something I've always struggled with and I'm still in the "fake it until you make it" phase.

Best thing about last year: I successfully made it through my first year of college! It was such a tough year because I went so far away from home and I'm truly a homebody.

Looking forward to this year: A lot of good movies and music. Also I'm turning 20 this year, I'm completely in disbelief.

I guess I should do this...

Stats

Name or nickname: Shane

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Single

Location: I'm at college in California, but I'm from Massachusetts

Languages: English. I've taken both Spanish and Latin in school, but I don't really remember them.

Life

Hobbies: Writing, mainly

Interests: TV, movies, psychology, feminism, music, etc.

Political Views: Very liberal

Religious Views: Atheist

Favorite Things

Foods: I don't really know. Anything good.

Color: Red and purple.

Books: Too many to count.

TV: Also too many to count, but a few are Classic Simpsons, Mad Men, UK Office, Buffy, Parks and Rec, etc.

Movies: 2001, Annie Hall, 500 Days of Summer, The Shining, Clockwork Orange, 40 Year Old Virgin, etc.

Music: Regina of course... I also love Fiona Apple. I'm really mainly listening to those two at the moment, but I also love classic stuff like Beatles and Queen, and lately I've been kinda getting into Tori Amos.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: My name and my last name's initial. Not very creative with usernames!

First time you heard Regina: I heard Us and Hero in 500 Days of Summer, but it wasn't till a couple years later that I started really listening to her.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Ugh that's hard... okay... Loveology, Carbon Monoxide, Dog and Pony, Apres Moi, Pavlov's Daughter.

Random fact about yourself: Uh... I wanna be a screenwriter.

Who/What inspires you: Regina, Fiona Apple, Joss Whedon, Lena Dunham... basically anyone who has a very unique/strong personality and isn't afraid to be 100% themselves.

Best thing about last year: I finished high school.

Looking forward to this year: Going home for Christmas break. Yeah... I don't love any type of school, I guess.

Stats

Name or nickname: Bill, BillyD. Billy Magnum

Orientation: Like an arrow

Relationship status: Taken

Languages: Love and English

Life

Hobbies: Music making/listening, art, games, kayaking.

Interests: Music making/listening, art, games, kayaking. (echo?)

Political Views: dont care

Religious Views: dont care

Favorite Things

now these things can be different each day for me...

Foods: pizza, buffalo anything haha

Color: blue

Books: goosebumps

TV: walking dead

Movies:

Music: My own, KIMBRA, Bjork, Regina Spektor, Metallica, Pantera, Prodigy, Aphex Twin, lots more

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: pleading the 5th ^_^

First time you heard Regina: this past week!

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: well i haven't yet heard anything else yet excpet for Far but i guess i can use those songs for now. Machine, laughing with, human of the year, genius next door, eet.

Random fact about yourself: i love sleeping too much

Who/What inspires you: genuinely talented people

Best thing about last year: discovering Kimbra and with in a few months meeting her :wub:

Looking forward to this year: tax refund and company bonus :lol:

Glad to have a NJ newbie.. I joined the forum last June.. Hackettstown is not far from me, and I even audited the plant back in the 80s before I left the government (a mistake, but that is a whole other story, not relevant here)...whereabouts in NJ are you, Bill?

^ welcome to the stix!! you work at m&m mars?! do you make the candy?? that sounds like a really cool place to work! also goosebumps is the best!

haha yeah that's right, I make the candy! It's the best job I've ever had and I've had quite a few. You can't really hate when a bad day is being covered in chocolate. I wreak of chocolate after work. The girlfriend does not mind this. :lol:

Glad to have a NJ newbie.. I joined the forum last June.. Hackettstown is not far from me, and I even audited the plant back in the 80s before I left the government (a mistake, but that is a whole other story, not relevant here)...whereabouts in NJ are you, Bill?

Wow small world! Nice to meet you. I live about 20 mins. away in a small town called Washington.

A long time ago I promised myself I would do this and I finally got round to it. I’m not new here, but I’m not a prolific poster. I’ve been here about 3 years, and lurked for about 3 years before that.

Feel free to add me on Facebook if you wish, especially the older fans among you. You can find me under the same user name as on here.

Stats

Name or nickname: Kenny (short for Kenneth)

Orientation: North

Relationship status: Married

Languages: Embarrassingly only English.

Life

Hobbies: Music, running, reading, origami.

Interests: Sport, cathedrals.

Political Views: Confused! I live in Scotland where the political situation is very complicated right now.

Religious Views: Christian

Favourite Things

Foods: Green beans, pizza, chocolate, flapjacks.

Colour: It’s strange, I can’t comprehend having a favourite colour.

Books: Terry Pratchett (especially Discworld), Colin Bateman, Jonathan Safran Foer

TV: Doctor Who, Top Gear, lots of British comedy.

Movies: Restless Natives, Point Break, Dead Poets Society, Assault on Precinct 13 (original), Star Wars, Indiana Jones. The Muppets, The Goonies, Orphans, Blue Money

Music: Big Country (number one, even above Regina), Regina Spektor (obviously), Beastie Boys, Camera Obscura, Ride, Iron Maiden, Half Man Half Biscuit, The Orb, Lloyd Cole, many many more, too many to mention (see Facebook for just some of them)

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: My favourite band are Scottish rock band Big Country. Their last ever concert was in my home city and was called The Final Fling (one of 23 times I saw them in concert).

First time you heard Regina: On my local radio station just before Begin to Hope was released. The station usually plays the same mainstream pop on rotation all day every day, but they have one show on a Sunday night which showcases new alternative/indie music. Regina did a live session, which I recorded and later accidentally deleted – I almost cried.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: This changes daily, but right now – How, Patron Saint, Riot Gear, Eet, On The Radio (the first song I heard and was instantly hooked)

Random fact about yourself: I was a DJ in my youth.

Who/What inspires you: My family, Stuart Adamson, the Scottish people.

Best thing about last year: Moving house. 500 mile round trip to Manchester to see Regina live for the second time. Going to Alton Towers theme park with my son.

Looking forward to this year: Not moving house. 500 mile round trip with my son to watch a Manchester City match.

well i'm new great oppurtunity to introduce myself

Stats

Name or nickname:

RicardoXRegina

male

Orientation:

stright

Relationship status:

single

mexicali, BC, (Mexico)

Languages:

Spanish/English

Life

student

Hobbies:

mm sleep, watch tv, play videogames, and soccer i love soccer, and listen to the music :)

Interests:

everything that makes me happy, like RS songs x,x

Political Views:

anything.. chuck norrys maybe

Religious Views:

jehova's witness

Favorite Things

Foods:

mm sushi, hamburguers, tacos c:

Color:

blue

Books:

harry potter/ the hunger games/ pure/ delirium/ dexter

TV:

mm series and movies

Movies:

the hunger games/ harry potter/ a don't know, i love a lot of movies :)

Music:

i don't like a gender of music, if i like it, y just listen it, don't matter if my friend or family don't like it too

my favorite singers are, regina spektor and shakira, my favorite band is simple plan

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username:

well my name is ricardo... and i love regina spektor... so..

First time you heard Regina:

don't remmamber exactly but like 3 years ago, when i saw 500 DAYS OF SUMMER i just felt in love with the intro "us"

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs:

this things used to change, but right now..

1 the calculation

2 on the radio

3 don't leave me

4 music box

5 us

Random fact about yourself:

lol don't know, i really love soccer and regina xD

Who/What inspires you:

regina! and my crush

Best thing about last year:

mmm this last name i really felt in love with regina's songs

Looking forward to this year:

mm i done here xD

Thanks for this easy way to introduce myself, here i go

Name or nickname: Irene

Orientation: Homosexual

Languages: Spanish and enough English to understand this forum

Occupation: currently, I'm student of Network and computer systems administration. I'm also an unemployed nurse

Hobbies: Listen music, sing, play videogames and board games like carcassone or catan, watch a lot of tv series and female basketball...

Interests: Music, computers, science, medicine, discover new cultures, basketball

Foods: there are few foods that i don't like.

Color: black

Books: fantasy (i love Tolkien mythology), science-fiction and science are my favourites genres

TV: I'm a big freak of Fringe. I also like Dexter, The walking dead, The X-Files...

Movies: i like classic cinema, Tim Burton's films, science fiction and fantasy films.

Music: a lot of genres, indie pop, rockabilly, grunge, rock and metal, blues, jazz, classic music, celtic music, videogames OST, I love to find new music that shock me, like the case of regina spektor.

Origin or meaning of your Username: is the name of one character of Fringe, the Agent Astrid Farnsworth

First time you heard Regina: I don't remember well, but first time i didn't put the enough atention on her music. The second time was in a TV comercial, i started to search more information about the music of that comercial and i listened regina again, but this time was different, her music amazed me

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Very difficult question. Apres Moi, Consequence of sounds, Hotel song, On the radio, Us

Random fact about yourself: i'm a night creature, because my circadian rythms are completely changed. It's 4:22 AM and i'm awake.

Who/What inspires you: Any person that , with effort and ilusion, can do anything if he or she wants it

Best thing about last year: Music is always the best thing, the only good thing of last year.