lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

Oh I see, that bread sounds even better! But yeah, well I didn't really write it, I just replaced the Uncle bobby- parts with Auntie Regi, but it's still awesome because she liked it! :D Wow, I can't believe we've held the same paper

I thought I'd seen your name for awhile already, but if not, welcome. I was a little nuts like that too when I first came on here. I've toned down a smidge, although I'm still as appreciative of the lady as I ever was, maybe just a little more mature about it. Maybe. Of course that can change at the turn of a new Regina anything :).

Well my YouTube account is also Lilyfloss and I comment on a lot of Regina videos so that could explain :D But I understand what you're saying, it's virtually impossible to stop liking her. Once you get deeper into her music you can never go back, you'll always care for it, and Regina herself for good!

Oh yeah, I gotta edit, I did have an account here at one point! But it wasn't by the name Lilyfloss so I kinda forgot about it. I'll be using this one anyways, not the other one. :)

Edited by Lilyfloss

Stats

Name or nickname: Keisuke

Orientation: straight

Relationship status: single

Languages: English, Chinese

Life

Hobbies: basketball, gaming, photography, clarinet

Interests: computers, economics

Political Views: Libertarian

Religious Views: Christian

Favorite Things

Foods: Anything spicy

Color: Red

Books: A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, The Book Thief

TV: Arrested Development, The Office, Scrubs, Archer

Movies: Good Will Hunting, V for Vendetta

Music: Regina (of course), Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Radiohead, Metric, Fiona Apple

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: My favorite line from a Regina song.

First time you heard Regina: "Eet" through Pandroa

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Human of the Year, Man of a Thousand Faces, The Ghost of Corporate Future, 20 Years of Snow, Blue Lips

Random fact about yourself: My two front teeth are fake :D

Who/What inspires you: My parents - they came to America barely being able to speak any English, I have never heard them complain or be upset over the adjustments they've had to make.

Best thing about last year: Getting through my first year of college

Looking forward to this year: Not really looking to a specific thing, just trying to enjoy the good parts of each day.

Stats:

Name or nickname: Amy

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Still getting to know each other :)

Languages: English and fluent in Creole

Life:

Hobbies: Cooking, playing music on both piano and the violin, finding interesting places in NYC, writing

Interests: The violin and piano, singing, pediatrics

Political Views: Liberal

Religious Views: Somewhat Atheist(still figuring it out)

Favorite Things:

Foods: Coffee, Sushi(favorite), pizza, Italian, chinese

Color: Lavender, Cerulean

Books: Mostly romantic comedies or mysteries

TV: New Girl, Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy

Movies: Anything interesting on Netflix or indie movies, romantic comedies, drama movies, some horror

Music: Regina of course and Evanescence, Lifehouse, The Fray, Ingrid Michaelson, Greg Laswell, Kate Havnevik, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Script, and Three Doors Down are a few!

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Well I love playing music, interpreting it, I love singing so I guess in a way I'm an aspiring musician. I am currently taking violin lessons and mess around on my keyboard every chance I get!

First time you heard Regina: The very first time I heard her sing was in 500 days of Summer, although I didn't really pay attention to her. I then heard Us again a little while after on the radio, put two and two together and realized it was her. Since then, I've discovered new songs from her and she's become most of my inspiration :)

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Eet, Blue Lips, Us, Somedays, Hero

Random fact about yourself: I drink about 5 cups of coffee a day, sometimes more :)

Who/What inspires you: Regina Spektor definitely inspires me. Everyday life inspires me. Kindness inspires me. Living simply inspires me.

Best thing about last year: Many things, too many to name!

Looking forward to this year: Writing my own music, getting better on the piano and violin, seeing Regina Spektor live, continuing school, just enjoying each day as best as I can :)

I've been a member for a while (a fan for longer), but I haven't posted much, so I think I'll give a formal intro here now.

Stats

Name or nickname: Iris

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Married

Languages: English speaking mainly, though I can google anything. :)

Life

Hobbies: Piano, poetry, trying to write songs lately.

Interests: My husband, my cat, music, travel, big cities, good books, love.

Political Views: I dislike politics because I value honesty and love, which seems to be lacking there, though I do participate like a good citizen. I can't seem to agree with a certain "side" though.

Religious Views: I'm a Christian, but not the "in your face" kind. Just the kind that wants more love in the world at large.

Favorite Things

Foods: Anything roasted.

Color: Green, isn't that obvious? :)

Books: Anything historical; no sci-fi.

TV: I dig those law/medical/crime drama type shows, or really silly stuff that you can't help but laugh at.

Movies: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, hands down

Music: Regina, of course. Also, Laura Marling, Of Monsters and Men, Mumford and Sons, The Civil Wars, Florence + The Machine, Michael Buble, Michael Jackson, John Mayer, Jack Johnson

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: It started out trying to be much shorter, but all variations on Green = Love were taken when I originally thought of it... Don't remember where it was that I was trying to create the account on...

First time you heard Regina: In my (now) sister-in-law's car. They were playing "On the Radio" over and over and it got so stuck in my head that I went home and bought all her albums on iTues. Upon first listen, I thought she was insane and almost regretted my purchases. But after I gave it all a real listen, I was hooked for good. Now I forget that her music sounds "weird" to some people. It's the most natural thing in the world to me now.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Gah! Hard... Ok, in no particular order:

-Aquarius

-Pavlov's Daughter

-Dog and Pony

-Us

-Ain't No Cover

Random fact about yourself: My parents tell me that my first word was "tortilla."

Who/What inspires you: Taking a walk by myself always seems to inspire me. I live in the land of few walkers and many people who wouldn't think twice about driving their cars 3 blocks away, but are surprised at the suggestion of walking to get there. Walking makes me remember who I am. I try to walk when outdoors doesn't feel like hell.

Best thing about last year: Traveling to other states.

Looking forward to this year: In a month I'm going to visit NYC for the first time ever, and I am so, so stoked.