lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

I do not know why I never did this before. It seems like a great idea!

Stats
Name or nickname: Matthew, Mathieu
Orientation: Not sure quite yet.
Relationship status: Single.
Languages: English, French. Learning Russian, Finnish, Romanian. 

Life
Hobbies: Playing the oboe, cor Anglais, sitar. Collecting books by Edward Gorey. Collecting modern art books, stamps. I sing for a jazz band.
Interests: I have a love of filmmaking and music. I'd love to be able to compose. I like to make lists of things. I know it sounds pathetic but seriously. I like lists.
Political Views: I consider myself a democrat, but I do not admire the divide of parties that so hurts politics today. We can't get enough done when we are always at each others throats. 
Religious Views: Born a Roman Catholic, but not exactly sure at the moment. I admire Quaker values.

Favorite Things
Foods: Anything but peanut butter and fresh tomatoes.
Color: A bright, orangish yellow, but NOT orange. I do not know why.
Books: The Little PrinceCandide. Tintin. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
TV: Community. I Love Lucy.
Movies: Anything by Woody Allen, Alfred Hitchcock, and Luis Buñuel. Elevator to the Gallows by Louis Malle. F for Fake by Orson Welles. 
Music: Jazz and classical mostly, Pink Martini, but I also love singers like Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell, and Laura Mvula. 

Misc
Origin or meaning of your Username: The first Regina related piece I obtained was the Survival Guide to Soviet Kitsch. Universal Edibility is a quote from that, or rather Regina mentions it several times in one of the pages: "plants.54%edible? UNIVERSAL EDIBILITY" and "do not swallow. ½plant ½animal/ 14¾14¾½plants.54%edible? if in doubt, apply the UNIVERSAL EDIBILITY TEST...AIN'T NO JOKE."
First time you heard Regina: I was at a summer camp and a friend of mine played Eet and showed me the video. I was hooked instantly.
Top 5 Regina Spektor songs:
This is indeed a very difficult question, but I will have to go with these 5 in terms of, of course, how often they are played, but also which songs mean the most to me, whether it be in terms of lyrics or melody, etc.: (Not in any particular order)

Dog and Pony
Open
A Cannon
Lounge
December

Random fact about yourself: I own 11 signed Edward Gorey books, in the grand scheme of things not very many, but I am content.
Who/What inspires you: All the wonderful Brümstixers who have created such a healthy and welcoming environment online, Respekt in both meanings, being able to still purchase vinyl. Snow. Brooklyn brownstones. 
Best thing about last year: Going to Brooklyn for the holidays. I can't name one thing more wonderful than NYC during the holidays.
Looking forward to this year: Traveling around Northern Europe. GOING TO RUSSIA for the first time!

La di da. La di da.

His house is so cool! They even have a scavenger hunt where you find scenes from the Gashlycrumb Tinies! In St. Petersburg definitely visit the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Also you should try to visit the Hermitage if you can (although I don't think it is always open to visitors). Oh and bring an umbrella! Apparently it rains all the time there even if it looks like it is going to be a nice day. I am so excited for you!!!! 

Well I'm new here (hi!) so I figured I'd give this a shot!

Stats
Name or nicknameJacob or Jake
Age18
GenderMale
OrientationGay
Relationship statusSingle
LocationMaryland, USA
LanguagesEnglish

Life
OccupationStudent
Hobbies: Playing piano
InterestsComputer programming
Political ViewsPolitics bore me :P I hear enough about it at home, I don't need to think about it all the time.
Religious ViewsSomewhere in between agnostic and Christian

Favorite Things
Foods: Pizza. Domino's Pizza.
ColorNavy blue
BooksHunger Games Series, The Book Thief
TVBig Brother, Mythbusters, Pawn Stars
MoviesHunger Games series, Clue...there's more, I just can't think right now.
MusicRegina, Tori Amos, Amanda Palmer/Dresden Dolls, Skylar Grey, Evanescence, Imogen Heap/Frou Frou, Serj Tankian, Lana Del Rey

Misc
Origin or meaning of your Username: Anagram of my last name
First time you heard ReginaI was 9 or 10 and I heard Fidelity and loved it. Didn't really get into Regina until I heard the WWSFTCS version of Ne Me Quitte Pas.
Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Only five? :( Samson, Loveology, Lucky Penny, Ballad of a Politician, Pound of Flesh
Random fact about yourselfI'm left handed. 
Who/What inspires youMusic is my muse. 
Best thing about last yearGood music. 
Looking forward to this yearBetter music. :P

Got linked to this thread by RJLupin2 (thanks!)

Hello Regina fanworld!

New here, but I've been lurking a few times since Regina's Far album, when this board was still on infopop. :-)

I probably won't be here very often (as I'll be busy listening to Regina), but will be if I got somethng to share.

Cheers!

Edit: dang, those formatting tags seem broken :-/

[i]Stats[/i]
[b]Name or nickname:[/b]Jelle or Justamelodyinquartz
[b]Age:[/b]30
[b]Gender:[/b]male
[b]Orientation:[/b]sexual(?): hetrosexual
[b]Relationship status:[/b]single
[b]Location:[/b]Netherlands
[b]Languages:[/b]Dutch, English, some French and German

[i]Life[/i]Yes!
[b]Occupation:[/b]looking for a job in chemistry
[b]Hobbies:[/b]music, cycling, movies, games, parties, dancing
[b]Interests:[/b]music, friendship, politics, relationships, human mind and body, life, language, sex, earth, space and information
[b]Political Views:[/b]care for the planet and all its inhabitants and yourself, ban money, power and greed where they become problematic
[b]Religious Views:[/b]seek truth and thou shall find

[i]Favorite Things[/i]hmm I'm kind of against favoritism, there's something in everything, but will try to play ball :-)
[b]Foods:[/b]yummy!
[b]Color:[/b]can be appreciated if in the human spectrum
[b]Books:[/b]I dont read enough, but I'm re-read the Hyperion sci-fi saga again and loving it.
[b]TV:[/b]has been sold 5 years ago or so, I watch the news
[b]Movies:[/b]so many good ones! Double Indemnity (1944), 2001: A Space Odyssey, Revolutionary Road (warning you'll feel bad), Three Colors trilogy, Dogville, Timecrimes, V For Vendetta, Children Of Men, La Meglio Gioventu, Amelie, Moon, Memento, Wall-E (sorry couldn't stop)
[b]Music:[/b]

instrumental: Regina, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie must be the most dominant ones. I like lyrics, their context and how they are delivered so these keep me coming back.

electronic: goa trance, psy-trance, psychill, disco

[i]Misc[/i]
[b]Origin or meaning of your Username:[/b]Reggie's "Happy Hooker" - I think most lyrics online have got it wrong or maybe I did, but in the Brooklyn recording I'm quite sure she sings:

But don't look at me that way baby, I can't help you, my life is just a melody in quads, quads, quartz.

Don't look at me that way baby, I can't help you, my life is just a melody in quartz, quartz, quartz.
[b]First time you heard Regina:[/b]Hero and Us in 500 Days Of Summer, instantly hooked.
[b]Top 5 Regina Spektor songs:[/b]Woah.. (1 hour later): Ghost Of Corporate Future, Ne Me Quitte Pas (early), Consequence Of Sounds, Reading Time With Pickle; Back Of A Truck, bonus: Dance Anthem Of The 80s
[b]Random fact about yourself:[/b]i have long dreadlocks
[b]Who/What inspires you:[/b]humor, truth, passion
[b]Best thing about last year:[/b]the weather (yeah last year sucked)
[b]Looking forward to this year:[/b]finding a job