lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

Stats

Name or nickname: Kandice is my name, Kandi is my nickname.

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Taken

Languages: English, a moderate amount of French, very little of a few others.

Life

Hobbies: Lately, playing Pokemon and watching L&O: SVU Smiler

Interests: Language.

Political Views: I tend to side with the left.

Religious Views: None applicable.

Favorite Things

Foods: Pasta in general. Anything to do with buffalo sauce.

Color: None, really. I like them all.

Books: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, Life of Pi.

TV: Roseanne and Law & Order: SVU

Movies: Léon: The Professional, Black Swan, The King's Speech, Amélie...

Music: Regina, Mumford & Sons. I enjoy all types of music. Folk, rap, alternative, classical... Anything but country.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Is my nickname.

First time you heard Regina: I was watching MTV Hits when I was 14 or 15 and there was a long fan introduction to the video for Fidelity. Instant love, yo.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Ohhhh jeez. One More Time With Feeling, Woolen Gloves, Raindrops, 8th Floor, Happy Hooker...

Random fact about yourself: I'm extremely short. 5' even.

Who/What inspires you: I'm not really the inspired type.

Best thing about last year: Meeting my current boyfriend.

Looking forward to this year: Hmm..?

Stats

Name or nickname: Ricky.

Orientation: Bi-sexual.

Relationship status: Single.

Languages: English, German.

Life

Hobbies: Writing/Playing music.

Political Views: None.

Religious Views: None.

Favorite Things

Foods: Potatoes. <3

Color: Purple.

Books: Where The Red Fern Grows.

TV: Roseanne and That 70's Show.

Movies: Uhm, not really into movies, but Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Music: Regina Spektor, Tori Amos, Imogen Heap, Adele, Oh Land, Jessie J, Florence + The Machine, Ellie Goulding, Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, Fiona Apple, Alanis Morissette.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Random name I thought of while listening to Fidelity one day.

First time you heard Regina: I saw Fidelity on VH1 Jump Start back in 2006.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: WOW. That's not even fair. But... Samson, Human Of The Year, Apres Moi, 20 Years Of Snow, Field Below.

Who/What inspires you: Regina Spektor and Tori Amos.

Best thing about last year: Meeting Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson.

Looking forward to this year: Somewhat.

Stats:

Name: Brady Doughty

Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship status: Single

Languages: Fluent English, Good amount of German but not totally fluent, JUST started Russian.

Life:

Hobbies: Running, Music/singing/piano, politics, and language.

Interests: Music, Regina Spektor, science, politics, language, and friends.

Political Views: Left Communist

Religious Views: Atheist

Favorite Things

Foods: I LOVE EATING.

Color: Black and Orange

Books: Mainly non-fiction. I like historic, scientific, and economic books. I love the Halo series though.

TV: Not that much of a T.V. person. I like The History Channel, Science Channel, National Geographic, and Discovery.

Movies: Don't watch many movies but some I like are Walk the Line, Anchorman, The Dark Knight, Thin Red Line, and Frontiers.

Music: Regina Spektor, Bach, Mozart, Kate Nash, Nas, Biggie Smalls, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Mother Maybelle Carter, Johnny Polygon, and Bjork.

Misc:

Origin of username: My first name.

First time I heard Regina: March or April 2009, in the coffee shop I now work at. Smiler

Top 5 Regina songs: Riot Gear, Lucky Penny, Fidelity, Music Box, and Consequence of Sounds.

Random fact about myself: I am totally weird.

Who/What inspires me: Regina, Martin Luther King Jr, Karl Marx, the future, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.

Best thing about last year: Started piano. Big Grin

Looking forward to this year: Good grades and progress in maturing and life skills. I also want to make a lot of progress with musical talent.

This is super sweet Big Grin

Stats

Name or nickname: Marija (you say it like Maria though Big Grin)

Orientation: I say bi but I have issues with the label, so let's go with pan.

Relationship status: Semi single

Languages: Macedonian, English

Life

Hobbies: Anything involving people! i like people, and friends.

Interests: Anthropology, activism, feminism, psychology, complaining about politics

Political Views: Bahaha pretty radically left!

Favorite Things

Foods: NUTELLA

Color: Purple

Books: Fight Club, The Bell Jar, Tale of Two Cities, Pride & Prejudice, HARRY POTTER.

TV: Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Bones, House

Movies: Happy-Go-Lucky is my favorite evereverever.

Music: Regina (clearly bahaha), Lady Gaga, Cocorosie

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: It's like a weird mangling of my name my best friend used to call me Smiler

First time you heard Regina: I was 11, so about 6 years ago.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: I CAN'T DO THIS. All of them. Right now, I'm listening to Ghost of Corporate Future, and it's pretty awesome.

Random fact about yourself: I'm an Olympic level procrastinator.

Who/What inspires you: Regina ! But more recently, new friends I met this week were really wonderful.

Best thing about last year: Hm, a bunch of lovely things happened all at once, and they made me super happy. Nothing specific - just an awesomely super happiness.

Looking forward to this year: College Big Grin

aah, cool! (and a perfect reason to postpone my homework)

Stats

Name or nickname: Bella

Orientation: Hetro

Languages: Swedish, English, some Spanish (from school) and I also understand some Thai (my mother's from there)

Life

Hobbies: Haning out with nice people, reading, Singing, playing guitar and piano

Interests: Music, aid-work (I'm a voluenteer for UNICEF locally, and would like to work with aid-work in developing countries in the furure)

Political Views: social liberal, but in Swedish "measurements" - and a liberal in Sweden is basically a left-winger in the US

Favorite Things

Foods: Chocolate!

Color: Blue

Books: Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead, The Master and Margarita, Slaughterhouse 5, The Catcher in the Rye, and of course, Harry Potter.

TV: Grey's Anatomy, Friends

Movies: One flew over the Cuckoo's nest, Inception

Music: REGINA Smiler and also Marina and the diamonds, First Aid Kit, Joanna Newsom, Laleh, Lykke Li

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: I was listening to "I Cut of My hair" on repeat a lot when I joined - thus the username

First time you heard Regina: Can't remember when, but I went to see the second (?) Narnia movie with my dad, and looked up Regina's "The Call" the minute I came home

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: BAH. Couldn't really say, cause their all so great. But I guess some of my favourites are "Folding Chair", "Blue Lips", "Apres Moi", "The Virgin Queen", and "Firewood" (and the rest of them haha)

Random fact about yourself: I have my future planned up to when I'm 26. A preliminary plan of course.

Who/What inspires you: Regiiina! And Ayn Rand (although I don't tend to take her ideas too literally), and the awesome people I meet in my everyday life.

Best thing about last year: Started the Swedish verison of high school, and really like it. Met some awesome people there.

Looking forward to this year: Going to London with one of the best friends there is, and then travelling Europe with my family. Yay for summer!

Ehh, what the hey.

Name or nickname: Mikaela or Kiki

Orientation: Heterosexual

Languages: English, and a bit of French and Hebrew

Life

Hobbies: Reading, horses, singing, writing, playing piano, ukulele, forcing various family members to travel long distances for regina concerts...

Interests: horses, music, the world, people, life

Political Views: liberal

Religious Views: Jewish

Favorite Things

Foods: blueberries and maple candy

Color: Blue

Books: The Little Prince, Catcher in the Rye, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter, Horse People

TV: 30 Rock, Daily Show

Movies: Four Weddings and a Funeral, The Sound of Music, Mean Girls, The Princess Bride, pretty much any musical anywhere

Music: obviously REGINA, Marina and the Diamonds, Ingrid Michaelson, Feist, Cake, Chopin, JOY, Norah Jones, Rachmaninov, Pomplamoose etc. etc.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: The horse that I was leasing at the time had the name Almost Spotless because he was true white with pink skin and blue eyes except for a couple of light brown spots on his back... now I realize it makes me sound a bit arrogant, but what can ya do.

First time you heard Regina: I was watching a Sara Bareilles interview and some lady asking her a question mentioned Regina so I looked her up and watched Fidelity. I didn't like it, but then I heard Apres Moi and Us and I fell totally completely in love with everything about her.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Apres Moi, Us, Dance Anthem, ahhhh this is so difficult I guess also December... and Time is All Around? I don't know it changes so much. Always Us and Apres Moi though.

Random fact about yourself: I dream extremely vividly and I can remember details from dreams I've had when I was really really little still.

Who/What inspires you: My friends and family, and Regina, and Tina Fey.

Best thing about last year: Ahh so much. We actually bought the horse that I'd been leasing for almost 2 years aaand I got into a capella aaand I got a beautiful grand piano aaand everyone in my family stayed happy and healthy for the most part and so it was a good year.

Looking forward to this year: Hopefully more Regina shows, starting piano lessons for real, happiness, blue skies, rainbows, sunshine, the usual.

Name or nickname: Tony (of course). Isn't that true of all Anthony's

Orientation: straight as an arrow. Smiler or not crooked. (Just kidn')(I always thought the word straight was kind offensive because of what the opposite of what that word is for people who aren't.)(Girls are just so pretty and soft. They're like sunsets and flowers)

Relationship status: Married with two girls and a grand baby boy. (so cute!)

Location: Scottsdale, Arizona. (weather is a beauty, except in summer when you just want to die)

Languages: Just English. (wish I knew more. Learning a new one interests me very much)

Life

Occupation: Take care of my grandson while my daughter works. (best job in the world)

Hobbies: Poetry, learning about history & geography & music & other art. I like singing. (I've entered 5 different contests. I got second all 5 times. Kinda weird)

Interests: I like to study anything and everything. Everything interests me.

Political Views: I'm as neutral as an arrow. Smiler To me history always repeats itself. You get people with nice intentions once in awhile, but all in all it doesn't really make that big of a difference. There's always war and crime and injustice and disease and death, no matter what country you happened to be born in this is true. U.S. has some extra freedoms here and there, but keeping yourself and those close to you safe and happy, seems to be the best thing to spend your time on right now.

Religious Views: They're strong. I believe in God. All the beauty and complexity of this Earth just screams of a personality behind it. To think that everything came about by chance with no purpose, to me, takes a lot more faith, then that it was all made by something intelligent. I think anger is what makes people believe otherwise. And I don't blame them in some ways. I sure hope I'm right, cause I don't want to just grow old and die and that's it.

Favorite Things

Foods: I used to be a picky little butt-hole when I was young, not now. I like it all. I explore and try new things. Squash is in season. Never liked it before. I bought an Acorn, Spaghetti, and butternut. Just one each to try something with each. Fun.

Color: all of them, but blue kind of stands out.

Books: Just read 'Coma'. Pretty good. Always loved the movie. I usually read Non fiction.

TV: Antique's Road Show, Lot's of PBS, The Middle, Raising Hope, Ken Burns 'The Civil War' the other day, American Idol. There's more.

Movies: Funny Girl, Citizen Kane, Fugitive, Beautiful, Dumb & Dumber, Charlie Chapman stuff, 61, etc. Action, chick flick, I don't care, as long as it's good it can be in any genre.

Music: Of all my interests, music takes a special spot. It means a lot to my life that music exists. It's kept me alive I think. Same as movies, as long as it's good it can be any genre. Specials are The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Frank Sinatra, Beethoven, Joanna Wang, Bad Company, Amy Winehouse, Miles Davis, Lot's of Indie music. AND REGINA. She hit me in the head with a 2 by 4. I'm still trying to recover. Smiler

Music

Origin or meaning of your Username: Didn't get creative. Anthony Minsky is it.

First time you heard Regina: The same year when 'Begin to Hope' came out. She was promoting it on the Late night shows. It was either Leno or Letterman. She sang 'Fidelity'. Funny, because, long time Regina fan's were calling that song too commercial and it's the one that hooked me in. I remember saying out loud in my living room 'Wow, that was so good'. The next day I kept thinking about it and decided to explore who she was. I didn't expect what happened. The more I listened to all her different and wonderful music, it was like I found some long lost something. She is just so satisfying to my love for music.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Whatever song I happen to be listening at the moment is my favorite of hers. I know I've said that before somewhere and I hope I don't irritate people with that, but I can't think of a more accurate way to put it.

Random fact about yourself: I have small feet. 7 and a half. I'm almost 6 feet tall but my feet are small. Almost every guy I know have larger feet. I've been teased about it all my life. It's not like it's obvious freakout small, it's just smaller than the majority.

Who/What inspires you: Many things. I inspire me. I'm kind of odd, but I like the way I think and do things. It's gotten me in trouble sometimes but once people understand it, I can see that I shouldn't change.

Best thing about last year: Making it through and still being happy.

Looking forward to this year: Whatever new thing Regina has to offer.

I feel like I should do this. Smiler

Stats

Name or nickname: Just call me rosa, I kind of like it.

Orientation: Straight

Languages: English, Spanish...Pig Latin

Life

Occupation: High school senior. I graduate in less than a month!

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, observing, talking about things that interest me.

Political Views: I'm really unsure about my political views. I would say neutral, but I don't think that's entirely true.

Favorite Things

Foods: Pizza, Mexican food, various fruits

Color: Blue, green

Books: Harry Potter, Harriet the Spy, The House of the Spirits, Brave New World, The Good Earth, Ethan Frome...and others. I love me some Faulkner.

TV: The Office, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, House

Movies: The Social Network, You've Got Mail, Pride and Prejudice, Mean Girls, Doubt

Music: Regina, obviously. Joanna Newsom, St. Vincent, the Dirty Projectors, the Morning Benders, Deerhunter, Sin Bandera, Rilo Kiley, Fiona Apple, Jesca Hoop, Adele, The Black Keys, and more.

Origin or meaning of your Username: I made it up when I was 12. I think I chose it because the rose is the flower of June, which is the month I was born.

First time you heard Regina: I saw the music video for Fidelity on VH1 and was intrigued. Then I found her website, listened to Songs in its entirety, and fell in love.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: I know pretty much everyone here can relate to this--I go through phases in which I'm obsessed with certain songs by Regina. I would say at the moment my five favorite songs of hers are Summer in the City, Small Town Moon, 8th Floor, You Don't Know Me (not exactly her song, I know), and Happy Hooker.

Random fact about yourself: I'm really short. I'm under 5 feet. If I had a dollar for every time someone looked down at me and said in shock, "You're short!" (as if I didn't know)...I would be able to purchase several expensive items.

Who/What inspires you: There are three people whose judgment I trust more than anyone else's: my older sister, my dad, and one of my teachers at school. I aspire to be like them. I hope I can eventually inspire someone the way they have inspired me.

Best thing about last year: I'm still waiting! Razzer Just kidding. My family is healthy, and that's great.

Looking forward to this year: Being successful in college, hopefully. Smiler

quote:
Stats

Name or nickname: Just call me Klachopis. I'm shy on the Internet. :-)

Orientation: Mostly vertical.

Relationship status: Married.

Languages: English, with some ability to wing it in French, and sometimes Spanish.

Life

Occupation: Stay-at-home dad, occasional piano tuner and laborer.

Hobbies: Making music. Also board sports.

Political Views: We're in deep trouble, but we gotta try. Learning to cooperate better is key.

Religious Views: I am truly faithless (agnostic), but I also belong to the United Church of Schisms.

Favorite Things

Soup: Mulligatawny.

Color: Pink and green. (well, really just green.)

Books: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

Movies: Memento, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. (Do you sense a theme?)

Music: For the longest time, Jimi Hendrix was my favorite. He sort of floated above all my other beloved musicians in a category all his own. But now, he has a companion. Yes, Regina.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: A place I love.

First time you heard Regina: At the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle in 2005. She had me at "It ain't no cover."

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Now, that's impossible! But I'll give you #1: Begin to Hope. Please, please, please, Regina, do more with this beautiful song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXuqIDi9zs

Random fact about yourself: I have a long, serpentlike scar on my upper arm. (But I'm far from macho.)

Who/What inspires you: My wife and child. Hearing timeless, transcendent music, especially live. Making music. Surfing in the wilderness. Snowboarding in deep powder. Friendships. Coincidences. Paradoxes. The night sky, way out in the countryside. The goodness in people.

Best thing about last year: Discovering Carl Jung.

Looking forward to this year:Graduate school! (If I get in.)

Lennonist - thanks for hipping me to this thread. A most useful means of introduction!