lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

Stats

Name or nickname: ILWB for short, or you can be cool and call me Hunter, either way!

Orientation: All human beings are beautiful in their own ways. I suppose I identify as Straight. My heart is uncharted territory. (that's a fancy way of saying my love life sucks as of recent times.) I don't discriminate on gay rights though.

Relationship status: Single as as can be. I'm not bitter.

Languages: I speek vurry goo engrish. (English)

Life

Occupation: Student. I make mental lovins to textbooks all day long.

Hobbies: Piano. I used to be a lead actor at school. Singing. Choir. Academics. Sleep.

Interests: Medicine. Love, Life, and the pursuit of happiness. Music. Finding some-boooodyyyyy to looo--oooo---ooove. (Please laugh at that.)

Political Views: Slightly Democratic.

Religious Views: Raised Baptist, somewhat undecided.

Favorite Things

Foods: Thai food, Organic fruits, I honestly eat anything. Food is lovely. Yet my body refuses to gain weight. : \

Color: Fresh orange peel.

Books: So many. John Steinbeck is always good. The Mists of Avalon is a favorite. East of Eden was fantastic.

TV: Family Guy, Tosh.0 etc. I like to escape stress by laughing with silly immature television. Its so escapist, but desperately effective.

Movies: Inception, Dancer in the Dark, Chicago.

Music: Joanna Newsom, Björk, reg. Those three complete me.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your username: Samson. Wonder Bread. I'm white. The pieces are there, now someone make a joke.

First time you heard reg: six years ago, on a mix cd my sister threw out. Pavlov's was the song.

Top 5 reg songs:

1. Loveology

2. Buildings

3. Pavlov's Daughter

4. Firewood

5. Ain't No Cover

Random fact about yourself: PLEASE ignore my past 2,000 posts. I was 12 and obnoxious. I'm surprised I wasn't shot. Anywhom, I'm very tall? I'm mostly Native American? Do those qualify as random?

Who/What inspires you: Joanna Newsom. Cloudy days. Mainly small little fantasies I carry around in my back pocket, of me one day being the first person in my family to graduate college, silly sentimental stuff like that..

Best thing about last year: My parents giving me my car <3 I love and regularly wash that wonderful machine.

Looking forward to this year: Not looking forward to my best friend moving.. AP Honors won't be the same without her.. I guess I'm looking forward to AP Honors Chemistry as nerdy as that sounds Smiler I can't help my brain loves to be challenged. Also looking forward to Juniordom.

In short, I'm just a guy with a heartful of good things that the world may never hear. If you ever feel like talking to me, just strike up a conversation. I'd enjoy that.

Stats

Name or nickname:Shira. Don't really have a nicname. Shira sheep (say it out loud)

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Neck deep in a relationship Wink (and very much in love, I might add)

Location: Canada, Southern Ontario - soon headed to Africa for a couple weeks, then moving up to Ottawa.

Languages: English, French, hebrew prayers committed to memory and the ability to read the language without understanding it.

Life

Occupation: Lifeguard, student, and server/bartender in the coming school year.

Hobbies: Art in most forms - particularily signing, drawing/painting/silk-screening, photography, and the odd forray into the theatrical world, reading, writing, cooking and baking, videogames, yoga, swimming and learning.

Interests: Science (particularily neuroscience and psychology), art, culture, history, the nature of humanity, space, philosophy and languages.

Political Views: Largely apathetic, left leaning (heavily to some, reasonably to others, it depends on your own leaning)

Religious Views:"Jewish Atheist" - Steeped in Jewish culture, but a non-supporter of organized religion in general and non-beleiver in the devine sense. I beleive in humanity.

Favorite Things

Foods: Vegetables! Veggie sushi, candy and confections (no gelatin), watermellon, cucumber sammiches, nutella, bannanas, fresh bread and chocolate chip cookies.

Color:Red and Green but only together at Christmastime

Books: Harry Potter series, What is the What, Lord of the rings trilogy and the Hobbit, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, all of Dr. Suess' works and too many others to think of now.

TV:Cartooooons, Friends, Iron Chef and various other food network shows, Invader Zim.

Movies: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Moulin Rouge, the original Star Wars trilogy, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, cheezy zombie movies and horribly gory japanese horror flicks, classic Disney movies (also Tangled), Ella Enchanted.

Music:I have rediculously varried tastes and a huge collection. I'll give anything a chance. Favourites include Frank Zappa, the Beatles, Opeth, Stars, Arcade fire, Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Dead Kennedies, Bad Religion (okay, lets just say most classic punk rock), Beirut, Death From Above 1979, Dresdon Dolls, Eliot Smith, Johnny Cash, Modest Mouse, Yo La Tango, Dillenger Escape Plan, and so many more that I'll just stop there. And Reg of course Big Grin

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Pretty sure I just typed it on a whim and went with it.

First time you heard Regina: My older brother's ex-girlfriend linked me to the site when they were still dating and I listened to the sound bites over and over for weeks.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Oh jeez.. Aint No Cover, One More Time With Feeling, Rejazz, Ballad of a Politician, Dulce et Decorum (this list subject to change within seconds)

Random fact about yourself: I was unintentionally named after a superhero. My brother's name is Adam, props to you if you know how that's relevant Razzer

Who/What inspires you: My family, boyfriend, friends and life, nature

Best thing about last year: Occasional visits to Ottawa, Christmas break.

Looking forward to this year:moving out, school, trip to africa, the whole thing.

Well now, that was fun.

Stats

Name or nickname: Emmaline

Languages: English. I've been learning Spanish for awhile but I'm not quite fluent in it yet. I took a Mandarin Chinese class a couple of years ago but I've forgotten pretty much everything but "hello". Ever since hearing 8th Floor, I've wanted to learn Russian, but I only know a few phrases and how to read the Cyrillic alphabet.

Life

Hobbies: Reading is my favorite hobby, I do it whenever I get a chance. I've played piano since I was 5, and I've recently started learning flute. I also love writing. And listening to music, obviously.

Interests: books, religion, science, history, philosophy, Kurt Vonnegut, piano, literature, and Regina Spektor (bet you didn't see that one coming Wink)

Political Views: I usually go with whatever I think is correct rather than stay with one specific party; however, I'm leaning a little toward the left.

Religious Views: I was raised as an atheist, but I love learning about various religions and reading their holy books.

Favorite Things

Books: Anything Vonnegut. He's my favorite author of all time, and I love all of his books-- Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse-Five, Breakfast of The Champions, etc. I also first learned about him when Regina mentioned him in an interview, which makes reading his books seem even more special.

TV: I don't own a television, because I thought that if I didn't own a television, I would do more, you know, stuff in life. But I do own a computer, so I end up doing less stuff anyways.

Movies: I normally don't watch many movies either, but the few that I have watched I've really enjoyed-- Schindler's List, Citizen Kane, Forrest Gump. I also love 500 Days of Summer, simply because that was the first time I ever heard Regina Spektor.

Music: Regina Spektor, of course. I don't listen to any music except her, and I don't plan to. I've tried to check out some other artists before, but I always lose interest within a week or so and go back to Regina. Besides, she has so many diverse songs that she's practically her own genre.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: It's my first name.

First time you heard Regina: 500 Days of Summer. "Us" played during the opening credits and I pretty much fell in love.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs:

1. Pavlov's Daughter

2. 20 Years of Snow

3. Oedipus

4. Consequence of Sounds

5. A three-way tie between Summer In The City, Happy Hooker, and Carbon Monoxide.

Who/What inspires you: Regina Spektor and Kurt Vonnegut

Best thing about last year: Last year I was allowed to skip a grade in English class, moving from 7th grade to 9th grade.

Looking forward to this year: I hope to get good grades in school.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to posting here. It's good to know that there are people as obsessed with Regina Spektor as I am. Smiler

Hi, Emmaline! Welcome to the Stix! The people on here are amazing--genuine and supportive Smiler Sounds like you'll fit in just fine!

I've never read any Kurt Vonnegut. What do you like most about his work? (No pressure to answer, i was just curious!)

Welcome again, and I hope you'll stick around for a while!

By the way, I'm Briana. You can call me by my username if that's easier for you tho Wink

quote:
Hi, Emmaline! Welcome to the Stix! The people on here are amazing--genuine and supportive Sounds like you'll fit in just fine!

I've never read any Kurt Vonnegut. What do you like most about his work? (No pressure to answer, i was just curious!)

Welcome again, and I hope you'll stick around for a while!

By the way, I'm Briana. You can call me by my username if that's easier for you tho

Nice to meet you, Briana. Smiler I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and it certainly seems like a nice, welcoming place.

I definitely recommend Vonnegut if you've never read any of his books before. He is a very satirical and thought-provoking writer. He's a little weird if you're not used to his style, though; reading Kurt Vonnegut books requires a little bit of open-mindedness.

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll enjoy it here (I love your username, by the way).

Hello there, Emmaline!

You have really cool parents. When they least expect it, hug them both when you can. =)

Vonnegut is great. He was an Honorary President of the American Humanist Association. You are very well-read for your age. Consider reading Alice in Wonderland and Anne Frank sometime too.

You'll fit right in here. Other people don't appreciate Regina as much as we do, so it helps to form a community over reginitis. Welcome to Brümstix! =D

quote:
Hello there, Emmaline!

You have really cool parents. When they least expect it, hug them both when you can. =)

Vonnegut is great. He was an Honorary President of the American Humanist Association. You are very well-read for your age. Consider reading Alice in Wonderland and Anne Frank sometime too.

You'll fit right in here. Other people don't appreciate Regina as much as we do, so it helps to form a community over reginitis. Welcome to Brümstix! =D

Hello, lennonist! I love Regina Spektor, so I'm very happy to contribute to this forum. Big Grin She is so ridiculously underrated.

I actually read The Diary of Anne Frank a couple of years ago (it was pretty good). I still need to read Alice in Wonderland, though... and yes, my parents are really cool. Smiler

quote:
Hey Emmaline, welcome to this awesome, awesome community.

I just read your interpretation of Human of the Year! It was awesome! You'll fit right in!

Thanks, RJLupin2! And nice to meet you. Everyone here is so nice! Smiler

Stats

Name or nickname: Kate. I don't have any nicknames, hah

Age: 14 and 11 months (the 11 months make all the difference Wink )

Relationship status: Single

Languages: English

Life

Interests: If Internet Surfing counts... also I (try) play piano Smiler

Political Views: They're probably considered left-wing :P

Favorite Things

Foods: Chocolate, pasta, cookies, cucumber, lemons (lol), lettuce

Colour: Green, or purple.

Books: Robin Klein, Harry Potter, Cornelia Funke, Eoin Colfer. They're all children's books, hah.

TV: Neighbours, The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Scrubs, Degrassi

Movies: Remember Me, The Blues Brothers, Borat, Harry Potter

Music: I like this singer songwriter - you might know of her - Regina Spektor? And a bit of Hilltop Hoods, Mika, Aloe Blacc, Enya, Hannah Gillespie, Cat Power, Sarah Bareilles. Big Grin

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: It rhymes. Kind of Wink.

First time you heard Regina: Late last year Smiler - it was Fidelity

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: 8th Floor, Back of A Truck, Scarecrow and Fungus, Apres Moi and Cinderella

Random fact about yourself: I can't think of any. Hmm. I wear glasses most-ish of the time.

Best thing about last year: Finding out who Regina is? My birthday was pretty good as well Big Grin

Looking forward to this year: It's 11/11/11 tomorrow! I'm going overseas in 15 days! It's my birthday in 23 days! It's Christmas in 45! Big Grin

Edit: Lol, I don't know why my whole thing came out bold xD

Hi! Just joined up -- I've been Regina-obsessed lately, so have been perusing these boards. Might as well participate, with the new album around the corner! Big Grin

Stats

Name or nickname: Ryan H. But my usual online handle is LDM (is there any way I can change it? I signed in with Facebook, and it seems that I'm stuck with my full name. Frowner

Age: eighteen (prolly nineteen by the time most people read this)

Orientation: Facing towards the TV? Oh, sexual. Straight.

Relationship status: Lonely Single

Languages: English, though I could probably name several others. Not that I speak them, mind.

Life

Hobbies: Lego building! (Yes, I designed all of those.) Also, lately, collecting music (mainly CDs... slowly venturing into vinyl). Also, Acro! I used to compete, but college takes up too much of my time now. I'm still pretty good at it, though.

Interests: MUSIC and LEGO, mainly, as above. Also playing video games and being snarky on the internet.

Political Views: Atheist

Religious Views: Libertarian

Favorite Things

I'm terrible at picking favorites... when I do pick any favorite, it's basically just an arbitrary choice from the many things that I love.

Foods: Yay vegan!

Color: BLUE and YELLOW and BROWN and TEAL and BRIGHT GREEN and... (I love all colors! YAY COLORS!)

Books: 1984, Metamagical Themas, Ambidextrous Universe, Hitchhiker's Guide...

TV: Happy Days! Laverne and Shirley! Columbo!

Movies: I don't watch many movies. I did like Wall-E and Monty Python's Holy Grail, though. Probably some better ones that I've forgotten.

Music: Imogen Heap is definitely my favorite (so, I can pick one from time to time!) I also love Bjork, The Cranberries, Aimee Mann, Joan Armatrading, Alanis Morissette, Kate Havnevik, Basia, Regina Spektor (didn't think I'd leave her out, did you?), Death Cab For Cutie, The Postal Service, Dolores O'Riordan, Liz Phair, Lily Allen, 'Til Tuesday, Frou Frou, Lenka, Just about anything Guy Sigsworth produces, and so on...

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: Its my freaking full name, no mystery there. LDM, however, comes from this a while back. Kinda meh, but it's stuck now.

First time you heard Regina: On Pandora a few years back.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Us, On The Radio, Carbon Monoxide, Eet, Dance Anthem of the 80s (Yeah, typical picks -- but I do love most of her songs)

Random fact about yourself: I, er... Oh! Just thought of another hobby. Anyway, I was homeschooled through high school. Also have two cats. I'm a grammar snob... Oh, only supposed to put one fact here? Dangit.

Who/What inspires you: Entirely depends on for what I need inspiration.

Best thing about last year: Gold medal at acro regionals! (because my partner and I were the only pair in our age group/level/pair type, but whatever...) Or maybe the Imogen Heap concert I went to. That was fun.

Looking forward to this year: Not much left of this year, but my birthday's coming up soon. All kinds of new music coming out around now, though -- Bjork, Cranberries, Kate Havnevik, Regina Spektor (!)... Even Imogen's working on new stuff!

My Regina Spektor collection so far:

Begin To Hope (deluxe), Far (deluxe), Live at Bull Moose, Soviet Kitsch (cd/dvd), Four from Far, some obscure Better single. Songs is in the mail. Big Grin