lennonist

Introduce Yourself! Brümstix Questionnaire

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

Unrelated: Maybe I should sit down and finally watch 'It's a Wonderful Life' (1946) this year.

My friends and I were going to watch that last night! But then all the technology in my house decided to stop working so we watched some inane romantic comedy instead. Still have to see it, I am ready for my heart to be warmed.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

Unrelated: Maybe I should sit down and finally watch 'It's a Wonderful Life' (1946) this year.

While you're feeling nostalgic, I would like to suggest you take in another classic, "The Bells of St. Mary's" (1945).

Happy Holidays to everyone...

Stats

Name or nickname: Melmel

Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship status: In a relationship

Languages: Cantonese, Chinese, English

Life

Hobbies: Singing, drawing, playing different instruments

Interests: Arts, Music and Movies

Political Views: HK Gov is a joke

Religious Views: None

Favorite Things

Foods: Ceasar salad

Color: Blue, Green

Books: The Witch of Portobello

TV: Glee, Manga

Movies: Amelie

Music: Regina Spektor, Movies OST

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: First letter of each pronunciation of my Chinese name's characters XcrossoverX English name

First time you heard Regina: Release of 500 days of Summer

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Pavlov's Daughter, Hotel Song, Your Honor, Raindrops, Aching to Pupate

Random fact about yourself: I should be revising right now =P

Who/What inspires you: Regina

Best thing about last year: First Love

Looking forward to this year: Study Music in CU

Stats

Name or nickname: Pianohero

Orientation: Straight

Relationship status: Single

Languages: English, Spanish

Life

Hobbies: Piano, music, reading, studying, film/tv

Interests: Astronomy, Law, Philosophy, Writing, Music, Religion

Political Views: n/a

Religious Views: Judaism

Favorite Things

Foods:Pistaccios, Subway, things with cheese

Color: Blue

Books: Guide to the perplexed, various articles

TV: The Simpsons, X-Files, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Movies: Amadeus, Gladiator, V for Vendetta, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Three Kings,

Music: Regina Spektor, Muse, Various Classical (Debussy, Mozart, Tchaikovsky etc)

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username: I am proficient at Piano (play on the words Guitar Hero)

First time you heard Regina: Several years ago she was presented as a "star to watch" on MTV, but sadly didn't notice her until this past year, and was smitten.

Top 5 Regina Spektor songs: Eet, Human of the Year, Laughing With, Two Birds, On the Radio, (6) Us

Random fact about yourself: I have a genius IQ (155+)

Who/What inspires you: musically, Muse and Regina Spektor.

Best thing about last year: New apartment, and new musical equipment.

Looking forward to this year: Composing music, and restarting my YouTube piano tutorial channel which I haven't updated in 2 years

Welcome, pianohero! Your tutorials sound amazing! From your description on another thread, i definitely get the impression that you put a lot of effort into them.. What's the name of your channel, so i can sub?

i enjoy pistaccios, too! Smiler

Hope you'll stick around for a while! it's always great to see new active members!

Hello, my YouTube is YouTube.com/pianokid100 .The problem is that I haven't made a new video in years, but I will start again today. A couple of reasons why I had stopped were that I had moved and hadn't setup up my rig to record tutorials, and also a lack of new music that inspired me to make tutorials. But I have set everything up to start tutorials again, and will start with Regina Speltor, and for the sake of garnering views, will probably have to also do a song like "party rock".

I've been gone awhile and I've missed all of you so much! I can't wait to see all the old(and new) peeps here on the 'stix. It's been almost a year, so I thought I would introduce myself. Big Grin

Stats

Name or nickname:baby jesus

Orientation: Gay

Relationship status: Single

Languages: English, French(4 years of study)

Life

Hobbies: Playing Piano, video games, being nerdy in general.

Interests: Art, music, film, literature, politics, and theatre.

Political Views:Lefty

Religious Views:Agnostic

Favorite Things

Foods:Cheeseburger mmmmm.

Color:Blue

Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray, Beloved,Hugo, The Mysterious Benedict Socitey, Maximum Ride, Golden Compass

TV: Futurama, Scrubs, Colbert Report, Daily Show, The Middle, Modern Family

Movies: American Beauty, Black Swan, (500)Days of Summer, Chicago

Music:Company of Thieves, Marina and the Diamonds, Amanda Palmer, Florence+The Machine, Lana Del Rey, Elizaveta, Garfunkle and Oates, Fun., Metric.

Misc

Origin or meaning of your Username:It's one of my favorite songs by Regina, and if you haven't heard it. Go listen! Go now!

First time you heard Regina: Fidelity: Through a recommendation on an album review for Laura Marling's debut album.

Top five Regina Spektor Songs: 1.) Loveology 2.) Virgin Queen 3.) Baby Jesus 4.) Apres Moi 5.)Daniel Cowman:

Random fact about yourself: I'm Vice President of my high school's French Club :

Who/What inspires you: Art, life

Looking forward to this year: What We Saw From the Cheap Seats!!!