Sign in to follow this  
Emmerrrrrrr

Record Store show

Yesterday was such an awesome, amazing day. I'm so glad everyone who got there later than anticipated were able to get in! We were pretty worried!

Regina was lovely/amazing/beautiful/magnificent as usual. Big Grin

The crowd banter was great ("'rice is a great food to eat if you feel like you want to eat a thousand of something' I love comedians..")!

I have to admit, when she played All The Rowboats, I almost started crying. It's been one of my personal favorites for so, so long now, and to hear her play it was definitely a dream come true... definitely.. haha.

Human of the Year was also incredible, incredible, incredible.

One thing that made the waiting and the sleep depravation and the cold all completely 100% worth it was when everything was over after her fortyfive minute(?) set, she got off stage and started making her way out of the room through a path in the crowd. I happened to be right outside of the path AND the door of the studio, so Regina went right by me. I smiled and waved and she kind of went wide eyed and smiled big and said "Oh heyy!" to me, and she rubbed my arm as she passed. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I will never forget that moment, haha...

Awesomest awesome night in a long time, and I would like to thank all the people who made it that much more awesome! The waiting would have been that much colder and darker without you all. Smiler

This is the part where I ask for help. See, I recorded the show in its entirety--I didn't stop recording from beginning to end. I've been trying to figure out since last night how to split the vids per song without compromising the quality (they were all in HD). It always ends up losing quality whenever I try. I'm not a pro on these things and I only use Windows Live Movie Maker.

Plus, I tried to "trim" songs from the middle of the record, and even if I specify the start point and end point of it, it always ends up including the very first part of the video. Am I making sense here? I know I'm doing something wrong and it suuuucks that I can't upload it yet.

My files are .MTS but I can easily convert it to .AVI, if that helps. It's about 4.2 gig so yeah, there's no way I can upload that on youtube.

Help?

I'd use handbrake, its free, and you can control size and quality. here is a great video of all the rowboats I found.

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

I'd use handbrake, its free, and you can control size and quality. here is a great video of all the rowboats I found.

Okay. Let me try that. Thanks! I'll keep you posted if I need more help. Smiler

what about Regi's video? She said on her Facebook that "we" filmed it and she would post it there soon.

Jack Conte said a month ago he would post a video of the last "Hey! It's Pomplamoose" show and they haven't done that either, so I dunno, but we can hope our artists come through for us; no?