Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Also, on an unrelated note...

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

Part 2 – Regina has a heart the size of her boobs all Russia

...I lol'd.

I've never noticed her boobs.

OMG! Is she a... girl???? Eeker

I feel so guilty for derailing this thread, but I'm also thrilled that I got a few stories out of you, so that's the silver lining to this, I guess. I like that you and other here do interact with our idols (is that the right word). I see you and the other rabid concert-goers on here as the ambassadors of this community. It's not like you guys are anything like the papa-paparazzi or selling pictures or info for money. I think out of anyone, you guys deserve being acknowledged and getting to meet with all these cool artists more than anyone because you are sharing the love. And I always enjoy hearing, seeing, and experiencing music vicariously through your stories, pictures, and videos. So, baby, don't stop.

Mr. Eshbach, you look 17, if you know what I mean. Take that as you will. But you're probably 25-ish. You look like a ticklish kind of guy, Mr. Eshbach. I could contemplate designing a few elaborate experiments to confirm this. You're like a stuffed bear that inspires an insatiable urge to squeeze to death. You look so cuddly and tight with your t-shirts. I like your sense of style. I like your swagger, Mr. Eshbach, and your general demeanor, and your style of conduct. I like the way you glide. You're as cool as a cactus. A sexy and horny cactus. *drops pencil and slowly picks it up.* Oh, and your hair -- I am just luvin' it. I want to do unspeakable things to your hair. I'm tempted to ask you to mail me a strand of your hair along with an autographed napkin as a humorous way to make up for this. *uncrosses and recrosses legs.* You know, in some cultures, hair is thought to have an exotic power. I want to capture the soul of your brain matter. *takes off glasses, breathes on glasses, wipes the fog with my undershirt, and puts glasses back on.* You don't really have to apologise, Mr. Eshbach. We're cool man, as long as you're cool with me, and even if you aren't cool with me, I'm cool with you. Oh, I'm very cool with you. Besides, I enjoy your bootlegs and recordings. Thanks by the way for being so generous in sharing. Sharing is communist. Communism is caring. Gotta support your brothers. *sighs and shivers sexily.* Oh Mr. Eshbach... *dabs finger on your chest and pulls on your tie.* how can I say this? *rests hand on your thigh.* I think we should go out. *licks your ear.* Just the two of us. And Jack, if he's up for it. *starts fixing your hair.* My Eshbach. *strokes your chin and hangs arms around your neck and pins my knees around your hips.* Let's elope to Massachusetts and make it official. *winks and smiles while rubbing your cheek and caressing your face.* What do you say? *starts chewing your hair.*

P.S., if anyone enjoyed reading that, then check out hulu.com/peep-show - that show is full of agonizing awkwardness and sexual tension that never stops exacerbating.

P.P.S., sorry for ruining this thread.

As for Regina... She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huuuuge... tracts of land!

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

Mr. Eshbach, you look 17, if you know what I mean. Take that as you will. But you're probably 25-ish. You look like a ticklish kind of guy, Mr. Eshbach. I could contemplate designing a few elaborate experiments to confirm this. You're like a stuffed bear that inspires an insatiable urge to squeeze to death. You look so cuddly and tight with your t-shirts. I like your sense of style. I like your swagger, Mr. Eshbach, and your general demeanor, and your style of conduct. I like the way you glide. You're as cool as a cactus. A sexy and horny cactus. *drops pencil and slowly picks it up.* Oh, and your hair -- I am just luvin' it. I want to do unspeakable things to your hair. I'm tempted to ask you to mail me a strand of your hair along with an autographed napkin as a humorous way to make up for this. *uncrosses and recrosses legs.* You know, in some cultures, hair is thought to have an exotic power. I want to capture the soul of your brain matter. *takes off glasses, breathes on glasses, wipes the fog with my undershirt, and puts glasses back on.* You don't really have to apologise, Mr. Eshbach. We're cool man, as long as you're cool with me, and even if you aren't cool with me, I'm cool with you. Oh, I'm very cool with you. Besides, I enjoy your bootlegs and recordings. Thanks by the way for being so generous in sharing. Sharing is communist. Communism is caring. Gotta support your brothers. *sighs and shivers sexily.* Oh Mr. Eshbach... *dabs finger on your chest and pulls on your tie.* how can I say this? *rests hand on your thigh.* I think we should go out. *licks your ear.* Just the two of us. And Jack, if he's up for it. *starts fixing your hair.* My Eshbach. *strokes your chin and hangs arms around your neck and pins my knees around your hips.* Let's elope to Massachusetts and make it official. *winks and smiles while rubbing your cheek and caressing your face.* What do you say? *starts chewing your hair.*

My apologies again, lennonist, but I'm straight, and despite what my jeans may imply, I'm only into women -- not even a little bi-curious. Sorry. Frowner

edit: And as for age -- I was, in fact, a teenager (19 I think) in the signed picture from the last page. And I'm 24.75 years old now, so you're pretty much spot-on.

quote:
Originally posted by eshbach:

edit: And as for age -- I was, in fact, a teenager (19 I think) in the signed picture from the last page. And I'm 24.75 years old now, so you're pretty much spot-on.

And here I thought you were an older man buying me dinner after Dillo Day, Aaron- it helped me rationalize letting you pay for my meal. But, alas, you are simply a younger and more generous man than me.

I know... what a strange comment to return the the 'stix with after many months. On an unrelated note, the show at Northwestern was nearly a year ago to the day.

My oh my, that flying clock.

By the way, just to echo your long post atop page 2 of this thread, Regina was most kind to rush out of her car to share a moment with us that day on the lake. And in regards to the Chicago Theater performance, the third-party security definitely was being overly aggressive/defensive. For her part, Regina was being as sweet as possible but it was clear the security wanted to keep the fan interaction to a spacial and temporal minimum. They even announced 'NO MORE HUGS!' just as I was about to 'meet' Regina for the first time. But hell with them; I was able to get in half a hug before the hulking security gentleman (imposingly towering over all on the right in the picture below) snarled and put his arm in between her and I.

Yeah... that dude definitely wasn't the 'gentle giant' type.

2s6a6wj.jpg

'sokay Mr. Eshbach. If you ever change your heart and look around you, I'll always be right here for you. ;-)

Oh wow, Mr. Karl Projektorinski is back. Nice to see you buddy.

You're right, it has been a year since Armadillo Day. It was sunny Saturday, May 29. I could hear dat beat of Regina singing the "Dance Anthem of the '80's" during soundcheck the morning of at Northwestern. I got to see my brother-in-law's lab and immediately left for the beach after Regina was done where I could still hear Guster, and then drove home with family to graduate with honors from high school the next day. It was a good day.

Now, let's pretend my posts in this thread didn't happen and continue on with the exhibition of autographed goods and other consolation prizes and memorabilia.