Sign in to follow this  
davidh

Housing Works reading w/Jack Dishel

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

quote:
Originally posted by altered ego:

I think this is it: "Молитва Франсуа Вийона" ("The Prayer of François Villon") by Bulat Okudzhava; lyrics/translation here

Not gonna lie, I fully trust that you are right and I'll have to check the links tomorrow. Thanks for delivering yet again. Heh.

In spirit, indeed. Love what I have read of David's book, which is special.

Thank you so very much for these gorgeous videos. You so allow the rest of us to fill in these important gaps.

And we now have, for us, a "new" song, an another reason that I wished I learned to speak Russian with my grandparents so long ago.

quote:

Hey guys, I hope you'll forgive me if I can't fill you in on how the event was because I'm only half lucid now (it was AMAZING, DUH).

But, here are the vids to make up for it:

So yeah, that's pretty much everything she performed. I'll upload Jack's vids probably tomorrow.

It was great seeing you guys tonight and of course, all those who couldn't make it, we know you were all there in spirit. :P

Thank you for that excellent recording of the show. It's great to see Regina supporting writers and doing concerts that benefit against AIDS and homelessness. I love it whenever she goes back and sings in her native tongue. I found that Russian prayer to have a Genius Next Door feel to it... or is it just me? Gotta go listen to GND again now. Jack was great too. And despite that false start, that's one of the best Hotel Song recordings I've seen on Youtube. Thanks. ;^)

quote:

Hey guys, I hope you'll forgive me if I can't fill you in on how the event was because I'm only half lucid now (it was AMAZING, DUH).

So yeah, that's pretty much everything she performed. I'll upload Jack's vids probably tomorrow.

It was great seeing you guys tonight and of course, all those who couldn't make it, we know you were all there in spirit. :P

I think you were just in front of me judging by the camera position. I also think you were right next to me for the Lincoln screening if that is the case!

quote:
Originally posted by EnglishGuyinNYC:

quote:

I think you were just in front of me judging by the camera position. I also think you were right next to me for the Lincoln screening if that is the case!

haha, I was sitting next to her as well at the Lincoln screening, and afterward we heard (what must have been) you talking to srg, and we were like, "...is that EnglishGuyinNYC? Maybe? Possibly? Yes?" We should have introduced ourselves!