Sign in to follow this  
davidh

Housing Works reading w/Jack Dishel

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Does anyone know where I can find the videos of just Jack playing? (and his excerpt for that matter?)

I am almost positive altered ego has them and intends to post them. I, too, am eager to see them.

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Does anyone know where I can find the videos of just Jack playing? (and his excerpt for that matter?)

I am almost positive altered ego has them and intends to post them. I, too, am eager to see them.

Yeah, he played You Stayed At Home and I've really been wanting to hear it again! It was so, so great live. It's A Boy was really good too.

Sorry for being mega behind the times here. Tuesday was very exciting and also very strange. Seeing Katy and Regina all in one night was awesome and horrible at the same time because to see them both the enjoyment of each had to suffer somewhat. In the case of regina, it meant standing up in the rafters.

5749682946_6519fd254d_z.jpg

5749682808_3c7d24b5c6_z.jpg

Here are some videos, though I don't know who really wants to watch these when you have altered ego's and srg's but here they are:

Time is All Around

The Prayer of François Villon

You Stayed at Home<- this one sucks the worst cause the stupid speaker is blocking is face

Call Them Brothers

However, I had a super close vantage point for Katy Gunn so, if anyone is interested I posted a bunch of her videos HERE.

Hi everyone, sorry for the late post for Jack's videos. I had a very busy week and I don't think I've fully recovered yet.

Links:

Playlist for all of Regina's and Jack's readings/performances

Thanks for your lovely comments on the vids. Smiler

However, allow me to apologize profusely to I Am A Mermaid--the picture I took of you and Jack somehow got deleted and I'm tearing my hair out from all the guilt. I'm so, so, sorry. Frowner Gaaah. I'll make it up to you, one way or another.

@englishguyinNYC: Yup, that was me in front of you, and you may have been the guy next to me at Lincoln Center! I was sitting next to almostspotless

Anyway, if any of you are interested as well (these are the shows I went to after Housing Works a.k.a. culprits for the delay in video uploads):

Lykke Li live at Webster Hall

Adele live at Beacon Theatre

Esperanza Spalding live at Town Hall

Oh, bummer. Don't worry about it though! Its okay! I somehow manage to never a bring a camera to anything lol. Somewhere in the depths of the digital world and written in history there is a picture of me and Jack holding up our clicky fingers and thats all that counts to me. :P

I hope your champion concert going week went well! Good recommendations by the way!

That was a fun night! Its good when you show up 5 hours early to a show and find out that you're not the only one. lol.

Also, I thought Jack sounded pretty amazing solo. And of coarse theres nothing quite like hearing Regina live...and sounding ultra Russian reading a book Smiler

I have some pictures and a full audio recording of this show, but I am in a sleep study this week and don't have access to my own computer or anything.

I "get out" Friday at 4:30pm, so I assume the pictures would still be appreciated, but would you rather I put up the audio from this or try to get to one of the next jack/jenny/nicole shows in my queue over the weekend?

Or maybe I should make a thread with a pole of what shows I should do in what order?

quote:
Originally posted by altered ego:

Lykke Li live at Webster Hall

Oh. She's Swedish! Haha. I'm actually excited about these small things. I've never got around to start listening to her though. I'm just starting to discover the Swedish artists now... Funny it'll be through non-swedes Wink

edit: and I'm so obsessed with Jack's music! And so impressed by him! He is also a true musician! He sound exactly like on the record, he's such a good singer! Yes, exclamation mark overload.

Hopefully someone from here will go to Dylan Fest 2011 and record the show. I'm curious to hair Norah Jones cover Bob Dylan.

quote:
Dylan Fest 2011!

A night to get drunk and celebrate Bob Dylan’s 70th Birthday! Two Nights! Two Shows! Stellar Cast Each Night!

VENUE: The Bowery Ballroom

DATE: Thu 5/26 and Fri 5/27

NOTES: 18+

Doors: 8:00 PM / Show: 9:00 PM

$20

Two Nights At Bowery! Two Different Shows! Stellar Cast Each Night!

Featuring The Cabin Down Below Band and special guests...

Norah Jones, Adam Green, Will Forte and Jason Sudeikis of SNL, Jesse Malin, Nikolai Fraiture of the Strokes, Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit, Nicole Atkins (Thursday only), Tad Kubler of the Hold Steady, Evan Dando of The Lemonheads, Reeve and Zane Carney, Danny Clinch, Adam Schlesinger and Jody Porter of Fountains of Wayne, Sammy James, Jr. of Mooney Suzuki, Robbers On High Streets Ben Trokan, Steve Schiltz of Longwave & Hurricane Bells, Antony Ellis of Five OClock Heroes, Luke Rathborne, Jack Dischel of Only Son, Josh Lattanzi of The Lemonheads,The Candles, Jonny Corndawg and many, many more to be announced!!!