Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Vote for Only Son!

ahh... that's disappointing. Frowner

A Million Pieces Wins A Super Close Freshmen Battle

quote:
A Million Pieces pulled ahead in the last minute of this week’s intense Freshmen vote, winning by less than 1%. Their video for “Laserbeams” will be added into rotation next week. Shout outs to Only Son as well for obviously having a passionate fan base. We’ll be back on Monday with new videos by D. Willz, Diamond Rings, Just I, K. Michelle and Timbre Timbre.

are you serious?

They should play both cause it's basically a tie.

I don't know how AMP won. They have like no activity on http://www.facebook.com/ampmusicla?sk=wall

Still, I'm glad we came together as a community to at least put up a good fight. I'm sure the music video probably enjoyed a lot of exposure to completely new listeners through the contest and networking as well.

yeah, last minute and less than 1%... I think they had that written up way before in advance. I hope they had a separate post written out in case it went the other way. We practically had oS stamped on it.

If the noise of a million pieces shattering were to be lazered at once into the stream, that would be like the beam of an earful offense.

meh, generic pop song win is fail for mtv.

Aww, that's so disappointing... I wish I could've been voting right to the end, not that it would've possibly made a difference..

And I agree, Jamie, I'd like to see the actual amount too.

anyone wanna write a strong-worded message to the mtvU support people? ask em about the voting and request for additional data about the actual breakdown of the votes and exact percentages and whether they can check or have any measures against scripts.

http://www.mtvu.com/contact_support/

I think their announcement of the winner might have been biased to AMP because of that comment accusing them of being biased to OS.

edit: Jack likes the idea...

- me: Anyone wanna write a strong-worded message to the mtvU support people? Ask em about the voting, request for additional data about the actual breakdown of the votes and exact percentages and whether they can check or have any measures against scripts or what is considered automated voting. I think using flash, as much as I hate it, would probably be the easiest way to avoid these issues. http://www.mtvu.com/contact_support/

- Jack Dishel: If anyone wants to do that it's ok with me...I would only ask that you keep it positive Smiler)

- Jack Dishel: Well, as positive as a complaint can be I guess - just not nasty like the other band's fans! That stuff is such a bummer.

- me: Oh sure. "strong-worded message" was just a figure of speech. ;^)

From Jack's facebook:

"Friends! I again want to thank everyone so much for voting for us last week in the mtvU video contest! I know a lot of you were disappointed by the outcome (us too) and wrote MTV about it. They're looking into playing our video anyway and so I ask that you kindly and gently step away from the keyboards! Ye of strong minds have been heard. Thanks so much Smiler))

"

I did send a message using the mtvU contact page. I basically asked about the voting process and how the votes are counted, raised some concerns that AMP did not legitimately win because of the low activity on their facebook page, asked about the full results and the possibility of a recount, and suggested to play Only Son's music video anyway since we tied. I haven't gotten a reply back. Hopefully this is a good sign that I helped the cause. =^)