Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

DylanFest 2011

The video of Norah Jones and Regina arm in arm, singing together is just unbearably exciting. There is no evening I could imagine being better than seeing the two of them together. Norah Jones brought back the female singer-songwriter and beautiful music, allowing wider exposure of Regina's so amazing music.

I Shall Be Released

- Friday (Mainly Regina Spektor, Bikini Shapirio, and Norah Jones, backed up by everybody.)

(Josh Lattanzi, Pete Remm, Jason Roberts, Matt Pynn, Alex Levy, Norah Jones, Nicole Atkins, Ryan Miller, Dave Sherman, Steve Schiltz, Danny Clinch, Tad Kubler, Matt Romano, Sammy James Jr, Adam Green, Ian Hultquist, Sondre Lerche, Hannah Cohen, Austin Scaggs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ZHQwcC5AI (emeraldcity54) Thurs 5/26 (Nicole Atkins, Regina Spektor, Norah Jones, Hanna Cohen et al.)

I think these are both from the same night (Thursday)

Ach ja, you're right.

Check out the videos posted on http://www.youtube.com/OpeningCeremonyNY

Rainy Day Women w/ the Preservation Hall Jazz Band

I wish they put up more of these. I'd be interested in seeing the performances of Subterranean Homesick Blues, Postively 4th Street, and Knockin' On Heaven's Door.

Binki Shapiro and Fabrizio Moretti make an interesting couple. 'Lay Lady Lady' with female vocals is a perfect summer's day song.

also, I made a playlist on GrooveShark of the original Bob Dylan songs:

http://grooveshark.com/#/playl...tlist/54526570?src=5

I am just stupefied by all of this great stuff. No shock, but Norah's version of Mississippi is just out and out wonderful and needs to be recorded (we used to say "put on vinyl") immediately.

Same with Nicole Atkins' Durango. And Binki and Alia and, yes, the Lay Lady Lay. The whole thing is just great and really says something about the performers as well as Dylan.

I will not sleep peacefully until Regina and Jack show up with McGuinn somewhere to do Tambourine Man a la The Byrds. (If David Crosby wants to join in, that would be good, too. Norah, of course, too. Nelly McKay anyone?)

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

Binki Shapiro and Fabrizio Moretti make an interesting couple.

Binki and fab are way tooo cute. I met them once (for a millisecond) in austin and binki is much prettier in real life. !!!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos and I would have beyond LOVED to have been there. Regina and Norah are like my two fav people on the planet so that pic of them together is just priceless!