Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Soured on Regina Spektor?

^ Don't get all indignant after you come to a Regina Spektor forum and say her music is childish.

Anyone can get tired of listening to the same thing over and over again. Usually I stop listening to Regina for awhile and listen to other artists. I've found a lot of great new artists while waiting for Regina to release new music. However, I could never grow "tired" of her stuff.

Nope. Regina's hold on me is still strong. Her music continues to kill me. Just coz I don't listen to her often doesn't mean I don't think about her music and how it makes me feel. I haven't listened to The Beatles or Cat Stevens or the Moody Blues in a while, and they're still the kings of music. I have an odd relationship with her songs. I feel like I'm not worthy to listen to her. Take "Aquarius" or "Another Town" for instance (or even "8th Floor" or "Lovelogy" and of course "The Call", "Fidelity", and "Us"), which have been stuck in my head forever. They're so emotional and pure that I feel hallow if I listen to them. Her voice is so piercing. It wounds my soul. I still feel like Regina is my little secret, even though she has a million lovers on fb. My heart melts whenever I see Regina radiate her deliriously happy smile and the appreciative shyness of her disposition surfaces. Her happiness inspires mine. Oh Regina, shine some love my way. If only I could clone her... or engineer and customize a robot doll to be her. Either her or Evanna Lynch. Luna Lovegood is so fucking sweet. I would bearhug her for all eternity.

"Just because everything's changing, doesn't mean it's been this way before."

"I know I question things too quickly, but I've never wondered if I've loved."

I really hope she commercially releases her musical.

By-the-bye, hello folks. I'm still here. I always come back when they call my name.

I just realized that ^ are some choice words that would make a good speech at my wedding, should it ever happen.

I'm afraid of becoming burnt out on Regina's music. Sometimes I think I am, and I don't listen to her for a while. It doesn't usually last long though. I start getting the urge to listen to certain songs and then I go through all her albums in a day. I try not to listen to her too much. I listen to a lot of other music. I am ready for some new material from her.. Soured though? Never. She's still my favorite artist, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Usually I listen to Regina everyday. Tonight I attempted to find some new bands and singers to add to the list of music other than Regina I listen to. I listen to alot of different bands, but half my iPod is Regina & The Beatles (who I listen to alot as well).

Needless to say, I ended up listening to Regina the whole night.

Thanks to Spotify I listen to a massive amount of new music every week, so it's difficult to fit Regina in, but she's still there in the background. Just biding time for new material then everything else will be ditched and it will be wall to wall Regina!

BTW folks in the US, I believe Spotify has now arrived on your shores from Europe. Get it!

quote:
Originally posted by thefinalfling:

BTW folks in the US, I believe Spotify has now arrived on your shores from Europe. Get it!

Yes, it has! Big Grin I got it the other day and it's incredible! Soooooo much musiiiiiic