Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Soured on Regina Spektor?

Mine started to play commercials and/or a song after every other song I was actually trying to listen to.. Which was bothersome. Especially when I was trying to go to sleep to some music I had picked out. Plus they were extra loud. I don't see the difference from getting a subscription to Rhapsody now...

That's a restriction you'll probably also get, when your account is more than.. 2 months old I think? They'll start restricting your music time so that you can only listen to 20 hours of music per month (tracks that you own yourself are not affected by this limit). It's quite annoying, especially because Spotify is such a great program. Considering buying Unlimited now.

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

I'm afraid of becoming burnt out on Regina's music. Sometimes I think I am, and I don't listen to her for a while. It doesn't usually last long though. I start getting the urge to listen to certain songs and then I go through all her albums in a day. I try not to listen to her too much. I listen to a lot of other music. I am ready for some new material from her.. Soured though? Never. She's still my favorite artist, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Dude, that's me exactly! But for me, that doesn't just apply to Regina. I don't like to overplay any music I love. But then a random song will pop into my head and I have to listen to it. That happened recently with Making Records--the part when she sings "corazon" came to me out of nowhere, and it was like being thirsty and wanting a drink, I had to listen to it. Then that led to listening to a bunch of her songs for the next hour. Smiler There's nothing like listening to a really amazing song that you haven't listened to in a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Emmerrrrrrr:

That's a restriction you'll probably also get, when your account is more than.. 2 months old I think? They'll start restricting your music time so that you can only listen to 20 hours of music per month (tracks that you own yourself are not affected by this limit). It's quite annoying, especially because Spotify is such a great program. Considering buying Unlimited now.

The premium/unlimited plans are affordable and so worth it. No ads, no time restrictions on listening, and you have early access to new releases.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

What do you mean? O.o I haven't seen any kind of annoyances like that here, what's it doing?

Yeah, like they said, 20 h/week. I would rather have the old version back. Yes, a commercial every four song or so, but during I would just turn the volume down for a minute. It didn't bother me. I know Spotify is a great service, but it's just annoying to have to pay for something that we've had here for free for years. Makes a great christmas present though.

I have a love and connection for Regina's voice and music that I have never, and I mean NEVER felt or encountered before with any other artist. It's something that I feel and understand in my heart but can't really fathom into words.....