Sign in to follow this  
sweetness in my lungs

The tragedy in Norway

The tragedy in Norway... I don't even know what to say. It might sound naive, but I never thought something like this could happen.

A man detonated a bomb in the headquarters of the Norwegian government in Oslo. 7 people died. While police and ambulances were busy handling the situation, this man went out to Utöya, an island outside Oslo, and started shooting people down. There was a camp with young people engaged in the Norwegian Social Democratic Workers' Party. 660 young people. Before the police finally came he had killed at least 85. This island is really small. There is nowhere to hide. People where jumping in the water, trying to save themselves and got shot, or drowned form exhaustion. To make things worse he was wearing a police uniform and called out that everything was okay, that the police had come now. When people came forward he shot them. In the face.

This is to horrible to even comprehend. How can one person cause such a tragedy all on his own? How can someone go out one day and kill almost 100 people because of their political views? In a democratic country? He has said now that he knows it is awful, but that it was necessary.

I don't understand. This was a new 9/11 to me. The TV has been on all evening, all day, all evening, all day... I always get very affected by news and disasters. And this is a country that is attached to my country, whose news I can watch and understand. I didn't think it would happen here. Not now. Not ever.

My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected personally. Norway, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so sorry.

The tragedy in Norway... I don't even know what to say. It might sound naive, but I never thought something like this could happen.

A man detonated a bomb in the headquarters of the Norwegian government in Oslo. 7 people died. While police and ambulances were busy handling the situation, this man went out to Utöya, an island outside Oslo, and started shooting people down. There was a camp with young people engaged in the Norwegian Social Democratic Workers' Party. 660 young people. Before the police finally came he had killed at least 85. This island is really small. There is nowhere to hide. People where jumping in the water, trying to save themselves and got shot, or drowned form exhaustion. To make things worse he was wearing a police uniform and called out that everything was okay, that the police had come now. When people came forward he shot them. In the face.

This is to horrible to even comprehend. How can one person cause such a tragedy all on his own? How can someone go out one day and kill almost 100 people because of their political views? In a democratic country? He has said now that he knows it is awful, but that it was necessary.

I don't understand. This was a new 9/11 to me. The TV has been on all evening, all day, all evening, all day... I always get very affected by news and disasters. And this is a country that is attached to my country, whose news I can watch and understand. I didn't think it would happen here. Not now. Not ever.

My heart goes out to everyone who has been affected personally. Norway, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so sorry.

As I said to you on facebook, Emelie, I am just so horrified, and floored by this tragic tragic event. I'm so sorry for everyone who experienced loss, and cannot even comprehend the type of human being that could commit such horrifying acts.

BBC - 'Rose march' marks Norway deaths

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14281494

What resilient people. To our Norwegian brothers and sisters in Oslo, we recognize the lives of the beautiful and innocent and offer our condolences to their beloved family and friends.

All we are saying... is give peace a chance.

Love is all you need, love is all you need.

Flowers and roses:

http://imgur.com/a/4zS59 gallery source

I was very upset when I first heard about all of the deaths. I talked to my friends about it, and they didn't even know it happened! Many news stations (at least here in America) aren't talking about it much.

It was truly a devastating event. My thoughts go out to everyone in Norway.

Man's inhumanity to man...It just kills a little something inside each time. This did immediately dredge up thoughts of that horrible day, September 11, 2001, when one could not conceive of such inhumanity.

I am numb and at a loss for words other than to extend my thoughts and empathy to all...