Sign in to follow this  
Klachopis

Regina sounds like...

All artists' work resembles that of others at times. Who does Regina sound like to you?

I hear Styx' "Sail Away" in the beginning of "Time is all Around," and in "Us." (Second verse and elsewhere.)

"Time is all Around" also reminds me of Soul Asylum, mainly in the choruses (both the melody and the lyrics, in a way.)

And, I can sure hear Tom Waits in "Summer in the City." He could do an amazing version of that song, imo.

So, who do you hear in Regina's work? Please allow for loose associations as well as one-to-one correlations.

And, if this game has been played already, please direct me to it. Smiler

All artists' work resembles that of others at times. Who does Regina sound like to you?

I hear Styx' "Sail Away" in the beginning of "Time is all Around," and in "Us." (Second verse and elsewhere.)

"Time is all Around" also reminds me of Soul Asylum, mainly in the choruses (both the melody and the lyrics, in a way.)

And, I can sure hear Tom Waits in "Summer in the City." He could do an amazing version of that song, imo.

So, who do you hear in Regina's work? Please allow for loose associations as well as one-to-one correlations.

And, if this game has been played already, please direct me to it. Smiler

Carbon Monoxide reminds me of John Lennon's 'Mother' - not that they really sound similar, probably just because at the end Regina repeats 'Come on, daddy' and John Lennon repeats 'Momma... don't go! Daddy come home'.

I think I read something about people saying that in 11:11 Regina sounds like Ella Fitzgerald. I haven't heard that much Ella Fitzgerald, so I don't know.

Haha, I can't think of anymore at the moment. Regina reminds me of a lot of people but it's kind of slipped my mind now that I'm trying to think of examples Razzer

Sometimes I hear other artists influence in her music but mostly I just hear Regina's influence in other people's music. Like I will be listening to someone and be like "Oh that sounds like something Regina would do" if that makes sense

OK, I've got another one. I can totally see David Bowie doing "Riot Gear." The beat, the chord progressions, the melody, it's all there. Perhaps in the vain of "Oh you pretty things.

In some senses, "Riot Gear" could be like a child of "pretty things."

"Wake up, you sleepy head..."